One month ago, today, we observed the one-year anniversary of the release of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. On that day, we announced a month-long celebration, but now that celebration must come to an end. In the past month, we have published more than 50 new Breath of the Wild articles and guides and celebrated the announcement of a new Super Smash Bros. featuring Link from Breath of the Wild. That list doesn’t even include the other new merchandise announced and awards won.
So, to close out the celebration, I thought we should recap what happened this month.
- Realms of Memories: The breathtaking wild
- Yuga’s Art Gallery: Snowquill Armor
- Medli’s Melodies: Riding by day
- Realm of Memories: The unexpected journey to obtaining a Switch
- Realm of Memories: The Infamous Mellie and Her Plum Garden
- Yuga’s Art Gallery: A Breath of the Wild (Korok Forest)
- Realm of Memories: Five memorable Breath of the Wild moments
- Yuga’s Art Gallery: Crazy cool Kass cosplay
- Realm of Memories: Dad of the Wild
- Realm of Memories: First experience in the wild
- Yuga’s Art Gallery: Respect the Lost Woods before they disrespect you
- Calamity’s Castle
- Understanding the Princess’ journey in Breath of the Wild
- Tracing the tendrils of Malice from Demise through Calamity Ganon
- Breath of the Wild drawing challenge with Patricia Summersett (video)
- Nintendo reflects on Breath of the Wild’s first year with a new piece of art
- Super Smash Brothers for the Switch announced for release this year
- Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition receives a release date, official North American box art
- Nintendo secures an AMD Excellence Award after a phenomenal year for Switch
- Breath of the Wild stickers available to purchase for LINE Messenger app
- Breath of the Wild wins Game of the Year at 2018 Game Developers Conference
- Breath of the Wild takes several NAVGTR 2018 awards
- The official Zelda website has a breath of fresh air with a Breath of the Wild style makeover
One more thing…
Would you believe me if I said we had hoped to do even more? And that was before we knew anything about the bombshell announcement of Super Smash Bros.
Like Nintendo, I have one more announcement. I had actually hoped to announce this earlier in the celebration, but getting everything just right took longer than originally planned. Just over one year ago, a few weeks before Breath of the Wild was released, we announced a new partnership with The Yetee and began selling a new series of Zelda Universe themed T-shirts. We had plans to launch new T-shirts throughout the year, but then Breath of the Wild was released, and, needless to say, exceeded our wildest expectations. Our attention immediately turned to Breath of the Wild, and, like so many of you, our team was absolutely lost in the game for hundreds of hours and spent even longer publishing new articles and guides related to the game.
It’s time to revisit our plans for some new Zelda-inspired T-shirts, so we thought, why not release a shirt as part of the celebration?
I hope you like Link. Better yet, I hope you like him shirtless because that’s the theme of our brand new Zelda-inspired T-shirt.
Our announcement is a little early, but the T-shirts should be on sale today, April 3, 2018. You can expect a separate announcement later in the day as well as a link to purchase the T-shirts. As before, they will be available exclusively from The Yetee.
Thank you for being a part of this celebration. The official celebration of Breath of the Wild ends today, but we celebrate The Legend of Zelda all year round! Year Two of Breath of the Wild has begun.