Man, is it really almost time for E3 already? Readers, tell me I’m not the only one who feels like this year is going too fast. I still have a serious backlog to contend with, and now you’re telling me I’m already going to be watching tons more games that I’ll inevitably purchase and pre-order? I haven’t even got around to beating Twilight Princess HD yet. But of course, there’s only one game that you guys want more than any other. Heck, it’s the only game Nintendo are showing this year: the new Zelda for Wii U and NX.
This is a huge deal, guys. Nintendo has never done anything like this. Basing their entire E3 show on one game? They seem pretty confident that this title is going to blow our minds. And so it should, after these long years of nothing but cryptic teasing. It’s going to be an immense day for us at Zelda Universe — and I want you to become a part of it!
With a whole Treehouse livestream dedicated to demoing the game, commentary from the developers and behind-the-scenes details, we’re expecting a mammoth amount of details to report on the site. In terms of Zelda content, this year’s E3 could possibly be the biggest job we’ve ever taken on. So we need your help! It’s not just E3, of course; we want to make you a full-fledged news reporter at Zelda Universe, delivering exciting Nintendo news to your fellow fans and spreading your voice on the best Zelda fan site around. Come on, that’s pretty much the best job ever.
How to apply
First of all, please only apply if you:
- have previous writing experience.
- are aged 18 or over.
- are fluent, experienced and creative in your use of the English language.
And you can:
- make yourself available during E3 week, particularly on Tuesday, June 14.
- write a minimum of two news articles per week.
- remain committed to this position for a decent amount of time.
- keep in frequent contact with the rest of the staff using our online chat room (you are expected to co-ordinate with us as a team, not independently).
Does that sound like you? Great! Send us your application to [email protected] with the subject header “News Reporter Application“. Here’s what you need to include:
- a detailed (but not unnecessarily long) overview of your previous working experience. We want to know about your writing experience above all.
- samples of your work (via links or attachments).We’re most interested to see articles you have produced; obviously news articles would be ideal, but feature articles are also welcome. Feel free to send us anything else that demonstrates your writing ability: editorials, theories,, essays, blogs, fictional works, etc.
It may take us a little while for us to select the most suitable applicants, so please don’t feel discouraged if we don’t respond straight away (and please don’t spam us with repeated entries; it won’t help you!). It may take up to a week or more before we pick you.
We’re very professional about what we do here, but we also have a ton of fun while doing it! We have a highly talented and very friendly team ready to welcome you. Please note that this is a voluntary position, so staff are not paid.