It’s a very exciting time indeed to be a Zelda fan. I know that when I’m not addicted to the recently released Tri Force Heroes, I’m likely looking for updates on the upcoming Hyrule Warriors Legends, as well as the highly mysterious and hotly anticipated Zelda Wii U. Nintendo also have a lot more exciting things happening outside of our favourite action-adventure franchise, with the ever-increasing popularity of Amiibo, their foray into mobile gaming, and of course, talks of the “NX” project and the next generation running rampant more than ever. I love keeping on top of it all.
Sound familiar? If you’re a skilled writer with a passion for all of the above, then, well, you know where this is going. I’m looking for some applicants to join our news team!
At Zelda Universe, we strive to cover everything related to our favourite game series, as well as Nintendo’s latest hardware, products and business strategies. We also love featuring the best creations and projects from the online community, with the Zelda fanbase proving time and time again that is collectively one of the most creative group of gamers ever. If you’re a true Zelda fan, this could be a great opportunity for you to really get involved with all of the most exciting happenings relating to the franchise.
Please only apply if you:
- have previous writing experience.
- are aged 18 or over.
- are fluent, experienced and creative in your use of the English language.
And you can:
- write a minimum of two news articles per week.
- remain committed to this position for a decent amount of time.
- keep in frequent contact with the rest of the staff using our online chat room. You are expected to co-ordinate with us as a team, not independently.
- be willing to step in for our weekly features if required (Music Monday, Fanart Friday, and possibly more in the future).
Does that sound like you? Great! Send us your application to [email protected] with the subject header “News Reporter Application“. Here’s what you need to include:
- a detailed (but not unnecessarily long) overview of your previous working experience. We want to know about your writing experience above all.
- samples of your work (via links or attachments).
It may take us a little while for us to select the most suitable applicants, so please don’t feel discouraged if we don’t respond straight away (and please don’t spam us with repeated entries; it won’t help you!). It may take up to a week or more before we pick you.
We’re very professional about what we do here, but we also have a ton of fun while doing it! We have a highly talented and very friendly team ready to welcome you.
Please note: We are looking for news reporters; not to be confused with feature writers, who produce original articles. This is a voluntary position, so staff are not paid.