According to Softpedia, Nintendo just released the titles that will grace the 3DS on its Japanese launch date of February 26th, 2011, and they are pretty much what everyone expected.
There is some debate at the moment as to whether Nintendo itself has actually confirmed these titles to be launch titles. GoNintendo counters this claim, insisting that this information comes from Gamespot rather than Nintendo and is actually a list of games within the “launch window” and not the actual launch date.
Regardless, you can be sure to see these games early in 2011 even if they are not exactly confirmed for the launch date.
As for the game closest to our hearts, Ocarina of Time 3DS will supposedly be available on day one. For many of us, this was the only factor in deciding whether we will be purchasing the handheld on its release date or waiting.
But what other titles are set to at least be released within the 3DS launch window, if not on the actual 3DS release date?
Hit the jump to find out!
Apart from Ocarina of Time 3DS, the other launch titles are as follows:
- Nintendogs + Cats (Nintendo)
- Pilotwings Resort (Nintendo)
- Pro Baseball Spirits (Konami)
- Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle (Level 5)
- Ridge Racer 3D (Namco Bandai)
- Samurai Warriors Chronicle (Tecmo Koei)
- Steel Diver (Nintendo)
- Super Monkey Ball (Sega)
- Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition (Capcom)
But what about the much anticipated Kid Icarus: Uprising? Along with Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D – The Naked Sample, Kid Icarus will arrive at some point a bit later in 2011.
Other games without confirmed dates (but which will likely arrive in the second half of 2011) are:
- Chocobo Racing 3D (Square Enix)
- Star Fox 64 3D (Nintendo)
- Animal Crossing (Nintendo)
- Dead or Alive: Dimensions (Tecmo Koei)
- Paper Mario (Nintendo)
- Mario Kart (Nintendo)
- Resident Evil: Revelations (Capcom)
- Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D (Capcom)
Keep in mind that the above launch titles are said to be confirmed for Japan only. The North American and European launch titles could be different.
Stay tuned to ZU and we will keep you posted with further confirmation on the launch titles.