Only one month to go! You know what I’m talking about: not only are we weeks away from the next long-awaited chapter in the Zelda series, but we’re also about to let the Nintendo Switch into our hearts. I had the amazing opportunity to play Breath of the Wild on the Nintendo Switch, and from that small session I had, I’m already wanting to gush to the world about it at every opportunity. Fortunately, the exciting new console-portable hybrid will allow me to adventure with Link wherever I go, making it easier than ever to show off to family, friends, colleagues and even strangers how fantastic Nintendo’s fantasy franchise is.
I also have the privilege of sharing all the latest Zelda and Nintendo news with the world right here on Zelda Universe, and sharing our love for the series is something myself and the news team never tire of. Here’s the thing, though: we want to reach even more fans and boost our news output tenfold, and to do that, I need your help!
Every day there are insane amounts of thrilling new details on the upcoming title and hardware, and we’re dedicated to covering everything possible so that you, our faithful readers, don’t miss a thing. That’s why I need new members on our news team, to help us achieve the most comprehensive coverage possible. Not only would you be helping us, but also your fellow fans by keeping the community informed. Not to mention, having your work published on the number one Zelda fansite makes for some sweet bragging rights. This is a fantastic time to be a Zelda fan, and if you’re buzzing half as much as we are, then how about joining us and telling the world about it?
How to apply
First of all, please only apply if you:
- have previous writing experience.
- are aged 18 or over.
- are fluent, experienced and creative in your use of the English language.
And you can:
- write a minimum of two news articles per week.
- remain committed to this position for a decent amount of time.
- keep in frequent contact with the rest of the staff using our online chat room (you are expected to co-ordinate with us as a team, not independently).
Does that sound like you? Great! Send us your application to email@example.com with the subject header “News Reporter Application“. Here’s what you need to include:
- a detailed (but not unnecessarily long) overview of your previous working experience. We want to know about your writing experience above all.
- samples of your work (via links or attachments).We’re most interested in seeing articles you have produced; obviously news articles would be ideal, but feature articles are also welcome. Feel free to send us anything else that demonstrates your writing ability: editorials, theories,, essays, blogs, fictional works, etc.
It may take us a little while for us to select the most suitable applicants, so please don’t feel discouraged if we don’t respond straight away (and please don’t spam us with repeated entries; it won’t help you!). It may take up to a week or longer before we pick you.
We’re very professional about what we do here, but we also have a ton of fun while doing it! We have a highly talented and very friendly team ready to welcome you. Please note that this is a voluntary position, so staff are not paid.