Our friends over at GoNintendo got word from one of their site members about the contents of the September issue of Nintendo Power, and it contains some doozies about The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword!
As we do not yet have the September 2010 issue ourselves, we cannot confirm its contents at this time, so please take the following with a grain of salt until we can confirm.
Read on for the revelations!
Here is the full list of revelations from the September issue of Nintendo Power.
- Princess Zelda, in one form or another (though not as the personification of the Skyward Sword), will be making an appearance. And one should hope so! The blasted series is named after her, after all.
- The Zelda team has “no comment” about Ganon, which pretty much means the evil red-haired and/or pig-faced jerk will also be making appearance. If he wasn’t in the title, they would surely feel more free to say so. But if his appearance is meant to be a surprise, “no comment” is exactly what one would expect them to say, don’t you think?
- The new Beetle item will possibly be used for racing challenges. As if we didn’t see that one coming.
- Voice acting is a no-go, and probably will always so remain as they said that voice acting “doesn’t fit with the series.”
- Miyamoto hasn’t upended the tea table. . . yet! There’s still time, however, as they have at least six more months of development ahead of them. But this may be the first time Mr. Miyamoto has gotten exactly what he wanted the first time around and didn’t have to force them to start from scratch on one thing or another.
Again, as we do not yet have the September 2010 issue of Nintendo Power ourselves, we cannot confirm these fascinating items, but we’ll let you know as soon as we can confirm the information.
Rumors or not, we’d still like to hear what you think about all this! Are you glad that Zelda is returning? Looking forward to using the Beetle in racing challenges? Angry/overjoyed there will never be voice acting in Zelda?
Let us know what you think in the comments below!