Our friends over at Zelda Informer posted a list of rumors yesterday that they’d found on a German gaming forum. These rumors made the usual rounds on the internet, but we’d passed on reporting on this as the rumors had no verifiable source.
However, Zelda Informer has since gone the extra mile to contact the individual who posted the rumors on the German forum, who then redirected them to a different forum, citing it as the source of the rumors.
It would appear that the origin of the rumors is a German individual who claims to be friends with Eiji Aounuma’s German language instructor, preparing our favorite producer for E3. Mr. Aounuma’s strange need for a German language instructor at an American presentation may be the cause of a bit of skepticism, but the originator of the rumors claims that this German language instructor revealed these secrets and is now appalled that they are out in cyberland.
Keep in mind that these rumors are just that- rumors- and may or may not turn out to be true come Tuesday. Hit the jump to read them all.
- Zelda Wii’s official title is “The Legend of Zelda”. There will be no subtitle.
- The game tells a story several hundred years before Ocarina of Time.It also answers the question of how the Mastersword came into being.
- The fairy-like girl plays is a very important character in the game. Her Name is Zordiana.
- The Hookshot is also in the game and it has new abilities. It will not pull you immediately to the target you aimed. Now it is possible to swing with the Hookshot, like with the Grappling Hook from WW. The Hookshot makes no use of Wii Motion Plus.
- Sometimes you have to “draw” a specific symbol on a door with your sword, to open it.
- The Bow-Control is very similar to the Bow-Control in Wii Sports Resort, as the script shows.
- There are two levels of difficulty. Aonuma put it through. Miyamoto didn’t want to include it.The Normal-Mode for amateurs. The Hero-Mode has no “Super Guide” included and the enemies tougher.
- The On-Stage Dungeon, which is also playable at E3, isn’t a Dungeon as we know it from the Zelda series. When entering a Dungeon, you will not notice you are in one. It will be a smooth gradation. There will be Dungeons with no Bosses and Bosses with no Dungeon. The “Dungeon” you are able to play at E3 will be an Ice-Level. It will be the frist “Dungeon” in the Game.
Fact or fiction? In less than 48 hours we will know for sure! Stay tuned to Zelda Universe for full real-time coverage!