It’s hard to believe that we’ve finally reached our $250 goal – when the Bank of Hyrule opened as ZU’s rather experimental contest fund, we weren’t sure how things would turn out, or if we would ever have enough money to run the contest that everyone donated money to support.
Well, now is finally that time. With $250 in hand, we have enough money to give away a Nintendo DSi handheld and ship it anywhere in the world. So that’s just what we’re doing.
But enough chit-chat – we’re sure you just want to enter this thing. Anyone can enter, and this contest is going to be running until June 15th. So hit the jump and find out how you can enter to win your very own DSi, courtesy of Zelda Universe!
You’re entering the Bank of Hyrule’s Great DSi Giveaway to win, well, a Nintendo DSi! The winner will get to choose the DSi’s color, and it will be shipped out as soon as we receive an email response from the winner. The contest will run from Sunday, June 6th until midnight on Monday, June 14th.
All entries will be judged based on quality and creativity by a panel of three Zelda Universe staff members. The winner and runners up will be announced the week following the contest (we’ll try and go through entries as quickly as we can to judge, but we expect a lot of entries).
How to Enter
- We want to know what you think the plot of Zelda Wii will be. In 800 words or less, tell us what you’d like Zelda Wii to be all about. You can get as creative as you want!
- Submit your entry in the entry form at the bottom of this post.
- Stick around on June 15th for Zelda Universe’s full, live coverage of Nintendo’s E3 2010 press conference, and find out the real plot of Zelda Wii!
- The winner will be announced about a week after entries are closed, along with five runners up.
We love running contests, but, like all good things, there are a few restrictions. This is just to make the contest fair for everyone, so please read this before you enter.
- There is no age limit for this contest.
- Anyone can enter, anywhere in the world.
- Entries are judged based on the quality and creativity of the writing. No prizes are being awarded for guessing the correct plot of Zelda Wii.
- One entry per person. Multiple entries will disqualify you. Yes, we can tell if you’ve entered twice – don’t even try.
- The winner of The Great DSi Giveaway will have one week to respond to their winner’s notification email. If they do not respond, the first runner up will become the winner.
- Comments on this post will not be judged. You must submit your entry through the entry form at the bottom of this post.
- No priority is given to entries by people who donated to the Bank of Hyrule. If you deposited money, we truly appreciate you making this contest possible – that’s why it’s judged, to give you guys a fair shake in winning!
About the Bank of Hyrule
The Bank of Hyrule is a continuous contest fund run by ZU, fueled by reader donations. Whever the Bank of Hyrule reaches a certain amount of donations, Zelda Universe holds a judged contest. This entire contest was possible because our readers wanted it to happen, and we’re very happy to be able to have a fan base that lets us do this kind of thing.
The next contest will happen when the Bank of Hyrule reaches funds of $100. Donate with your Bank of Hyrule deposit today so we can hold the contest sooner!
UPDATE: Due to high traffic volume caused by E3, we realize that not everybody will be able to submit their entry in by the midnight deadline. We’re keeping the forum active for a few more hours to let everyone get in their entries.