I’ll be honest: I wasn’t expecting 2019 to be a big year for The Legend of Zelda.
As we began the year, it looked like Metroid was going to be the big event at this year’s E3, with Animal Crossing and Pokemon set to dominate the rest of the anticipated Direct presentation. Expectations have changed a lot since then, as not only did Metroid Prime 4’s development get a do-over, we’ve had two new Zelda game announcements within the last couple of months.
The Link’s Awakening remake introduces a whole new art style to the 1993 classic, and Cadence of Hyrule is an exciting crossover spin-off which marks the first time an indie studio has had their chance at making a Zelda title. There’s going to be a lot for us to talk about.
To ensure that we’re keeping the Zelda community updated on everything happening with these two titles and more, we’re looking to expand our news team! If you love to play Zelda and write about games, this is a huge opportunity to have your work read by thousands of other Zelda fans like you.
How to apply
First of all, please only apply if you:
- have previous writing experience.
- are committed to fulfilling this position for a decent amount of time.
- are fluent, experienced and creative in your use of the English language.
And you can:
- write a minimum of two articles per week.
- keep in frequent contact with the rest of the staff using our online chat room (you are expected to coordinate with us as a team, not independently).
- make yourself available during the week of E3 to help us with coverage.
Does that sound like you? Great! Send us your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header “News Reporter Application“. Please include:
- your name.
- your age.
- a detailed (but not unnecessarily long) overview of your previous working experience. We want to know about your writing experience above all.
- samples of your work (via links or attachments). These can be articles you have published elsewhere, or you can send us some mock articles for this application. You can also send us anything else that demonstrates your writing ability: blogs, essays, fictional works, etc.
It may take us a little while for us to select the most suitable applicants, so please don’t feel discouraged if we don’t respond straight away (and please don’t spam us with repeated entries; it won’t help you!). It may take up to a week or longer before we pick you.
We’re very professional about what we do here, but we also have a ton of fun while doing it! We have a highly talented and very friendly team ready to welcome you. Please note that this is a voluntary position, so staff are not paid.