Hey readers! It’s that time of year again, when all of us are getting pumped for the biggest gaming convention of the year, E3. It’s coming up fast, and as ever we’re expecting many new surprises from Nintendo. This also means we’re expecting lots of new exciting Zelda– and hardware-related news to report on, so we could use some help!
I’m looking for some applicants to join our news team. At Zelda Universe, we strive to cover everything related to our favourite game series, as well as staying on top of Nintendo’s latest hardware, products and business strategies. We also love featuring the best creations and projects from the online community, with the Zelda fanbase proving time and time again that is collectively one of the most creative group of gamers ever. If you’re a true Zelda fan, this could be a great opportunity for you to really get involved with all of the most exciting happenings relating to the franchise.
Please only apply if you:
- have previous writing experience.
- are aged 18 or over.
- are fluent, experienced and creative in your use of the English language.
- will be available during the week commencing June 15, which is when E3 kicks off. We particularly need reporters active on June 16, which is when Nintendo will host their Nintendo Digital Event.
And you can:
- write a minimum of 2 news articles per week.
- remain committed to this position for a decent amount of time.
- keep in frequent contact with the rest of the staff using our online chat room. You are expected to co-ordinate with us as a team, not independently.
- be willing to step in for our weekly features if required (Music Monday, Fanart Friday, and possibly more in the future).
Does that sound like you? Great! Send us your application to [email protected] with the subject header “News Reporter Application“. Here’s what you need to include:
- a detailed (but not unnecessarily long) overview of your previous experience. We want to know about your writing experience above all.
- samples of your work (links or attachments).
It may take us a little while for us to select the most suitable applicants, so please don’t feel discouraged if we don’t respond straight away (and please don’t spam us with repeated entries; it won’t help you!). It may take up to a week or more before we pick you.
We’re very professional about what we do here, but we also have a ton of fun while doing it! We have a highly talented and very friendly team ready to welcome you.
Please note: We are looking for news reporters; not to be confused with feature writers, who produce original articles. This is a voluntary position, so staff are not paid.