Hey there, readers! Excited for Hyrule Warriors‘ release later this month? I know I am. We may still have a little while left to wait until we get the chance to delve into the next Zelda adventure, but I may have my own quest for you to take on in the meantime. Plus, it could be the perfect way to express all that hype you’ve been building up.
We’re looking for applicants to join our news team. With Hyrule Warriors and Super Smash Bros. fast approaching, we could definitely use some help with covering the constant stream of news of these exciting games, plus Nintendo’s crazy and unpredictable announcements (man, I need to find some Rupees for that New 3DS and those Amiibo figures).
Please only apply if you:
- have previous writing experience.
- are aged 18 or over.
- are fluent, experienced and creative in your use of the English language.
And you can:
- write a minimum of 2 news articles per week.
- remain committed to this position for a decent amount of time.
- keep in frequent contact with the rest of the staff using our online chat room. You are expected to co-ordinate with us as a team, not independently.
- be willing to step in for our weekly features if required (Music Monday, Fanart Friday, The Bazaar, and possibly more in the future).
Does that sound like you? Nice! Send us your application to [email protected] with the subject header “News Reporter Application“. Here’s what you need to include:
- a detailed (but not unnecessarily long) overview of your previous experience. We want to know about your writing experience above all.
- samples of your work (links or attachments).
It may take us a little while for us to decide the most suitable applicants, so please don’t feel discouraged if we don’t respond straight away (and please don’t spam us with repeated entries; it won’t help you!). It may take up to a week or more before we pick you.
We’re very professional about what we do here, but we also have a ton of fun while doing it! We have a highly talented and very friendly team ready to welcome you.
Please note: Our current Jobs page is outdated and still under construction; hence why the requirements here may contradict those found on that page. Please only follow the instructions and guidelines on this page. Also, please note we are looking for news reporters; not to be confused with feature writers, who produce original articles. This is a voluntary position, so staff are not paid.