- 24 pages of Zelda info
- Out of those 24, 14 pages are a Zelda retrospective on every major Zelda title to date
- The rest is coverage on a hands-on Skyward Sword experience, after 6 hours spent playing never-before-seen portions of the game
- The Silent Realm is explored
- New gameplay mechanics are explained, i.e. dowsing and flying
- Aonuma discusses the evolution of Zelda
- A whole month of online coverage will also be launched, which includes exclusive videos of Skyward Sword!
“This year marks the 25th anniversary of The Legend of Zelda, one of the most memorable and beloved series in all of gaming. To celebrate the occasion, we’ve devoted 24 pages of our October issue to honoring Zelda’s past and looking forward to its future.
Beginning with a look back, we have a 14-page run-down of every major Zelda release up to this point. We’ve split this retrospective into a series of personal essays explaining why each of these legendary games mattered to us. After this history lesson, you can dig in to a 10-page exclusive hands-on with Skyward Sword, Nintendo’s upcoming Wii swan song. We spent six hours playing portions of the game that have never been seen such as the mysterious Silent Realm, experienced brand new gameplay mechanics including flying and dowsing, and spoke with long-time series creator Eiji Aonuma about how Zelda is evolving for the future. All of this info and more awaits in the new issue, and we’ll have a whole month of online coverage to back it up, including exclusive videos of Skyward Sword and a ton of fun features paying homage to 25 years of Zelda adventures.
Issues will begin arriving in subscriber’s homes next week, and Game Informer Digital will go live on Tuesday, September 13th.”