Discord is a wonderful new platform for communities to get closer together, just having celebrated it’s second birthday. For several months Zelda Universe has been growing our Discord server, providing another venue for our corner of the fandom. In the Discord spirit we’re expanding the chat through chat bots, and as a fandom that strives to contribute our individual creativity, we are making our own. Our Discord team is looking for people to contribute to our various bots’ functionalities, each set of functionalities grouped under the theme of a given Zelda character or entity.
Our bots are made on Discord.Net in C#, making full use of its Command Service. Being familiar with Discord is a must, and having experience with the Discord API is desired. Bot developers will be expected to work with the rest of the Discord Team to address design and functionality concerns, as well as create new functionality as needed.
Requirements for the role are:
- Good organizational skills
- Good communication skills
- Solid understanding of Discord as a platform
- Solid C# experience and an understanding of TAP
Additional skills we would love to see:
- .NET Core experience
- Discord.Net 1.0 experience
- Discord API understanding
- Entity Framework Core
Please note that this is a volunteer role and we cannot pay you for your work. Our entire staff consists of volunteers who keep this place going because of our love of Zelda. We can however provide a place that’s a lot of fun to work at (we’re a team of Zelda fans!), references should you need any for your career or portfolio, and occasional perks such as being able to attend conventions on our behalf.
If you’re interested in the role, please send an email to [email protected] with the following information:
- Your name
- Your age
- IM screennames we can use to get in touch with you (preferably Discord)
- Why you’d be a good fit (please include examples of any previous work if you have any)
- Any past experience working with Discord and/or C#
- Any other information that you’d like to add
We look forward to receiving your application, and don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions.