If you’re passionate about technology and The Legend of Zelda, we have an opportunity for those interested in DevOps and server management. We’re looking to expand our DevOps team; arguably the most important team here at Zelda Universe, for without them there wouldn’t be a website or community.
Our DevOps team manages the multiple servers that power Zelda Universe. They coordinate updates and live deployments while responding swiftly to emergencies such as downtime. They also keep a close eye on things to ensure everything is running smoothly, and look out for new types of systems to improve the servers. Does this sound like something you can do? Then we’d love to have you on the team!
As a bare minimum, DevOps staff must be familiar with Linux/Unix-type environments, be comfortable on the command-line (there are no GUIs!) and have experience with SQL and database management. Knowledge of nginx, Redis, Vagrant, Docker, or Chef would also be very welcome.
How to apply
Please note that this is a voluntary position (like all positions at Zelda Universe) so staff are not paid.
Please only apply if you:
- are aged 18 years or over.
- have previous DevOps or server administration experience.
- meet the minimum requirements listed above.
- are available on a consistent basis each week.
- are committed to being a part of the team for a reasonable amount of time.
- are able to keep in frequent contact with the rest of the staff using our online chat room (you’ll be expected to work with the rest of the team, not independently).
Does that sound like you? Then send an application to [email protected] with the subject header “DevOps Application”. You should also include:
- previous experience.
- any other information you’d like to add.