Unlike the Nintendo Zelda games, most fans were not introduced to the CD-i Zelda games by playing them but instead by watching videos of them. If it weren’t for YouTube, Nintendo may have been successful in trying to banish all knowledge of the CD-i Zelda games from existence. Unfortunately for them, not only were videos and cutscenes from the games uploaded to the video-sharing site, many people grasped upon the “so bad they’re funny” animations from Link: The Faces of Evil and Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon and began using them to create parodies and YouTube Poop videos. That’s exactly what you’ll need to do in order to enter this contest!
The theme for the CD-i month contest is to make a video based on the CD-i Zelda games. Whether it’s a poop, parody or something else, it doesn’t matter as long as it’s related to CD-i Zelda. So have fun and let your imagination run free!
- Videos must be related to the CD-i Zelda games
- All entries must be received by March 25, 2013.
- Enter by uploading your video to YouTube and sending the link to email@example.com
- Each entry must be a new video created specifically for this contest. This means that you can’t enter that one poop you made two years ago.
- The winner will be announced on March 28.
The creator of the best video will receive a Zelda Universe t-shirt, which can be seen here. All entries will be posted here on Zelda Universe so that we can share the CD-i love with our entire community.
Sound great? Then grab your stuff and get going! Looking for some inspiration or a source of clips? We posted all of the cutscenes from the CD-i Zelda games just a couple of days ago!