Once again the people on Neogaf are spreading rumors about the Wii U yet these ones seem a lot more realistic this time around. There is quite a bit of speculation this time about what the Wii U’s capability will be in terms of graphics. One such rumor is that the Wii U controller will be able to display in 480p only which may surprise a few of you.
Click on the jump for the full list of Wii U rumors surfacing at this time.
- 720p will be the sweet spot for definition with games running Wii U controller-intesive visuals
- Wii U controller displays in 480p
- Wii U controller allows for viewing of on-TV action from another angle in some games
- Third party ports are apparently using this idea for gameplay
- V5 dev kit is a little more powerful than V4, but doesn’t make for 1080p
- Games can benefit from a slight visual boost over 360/PS3 and may run at a higher resolution
- More simple titles may be able to run 1080p in conjunction with the controller
I think most of you looking closely at the Wii U would be thinking if this is true why can’t it display in 1080p at all times? That’s what I would be expecting anyway. 480p for the tablet seems about how it should perform though.
What are your thoughts on these rumors? Do you like the way the Wii U will perform if this information turns out to be true? Does it affect your thoughts on buying the console? Let us know by writing some comments for us!