For those of you who’ve been following our home page content, you may have noticed that we’ve really made a push with our weekly columns in the last year. Recently we introduced Princess Zelda’s Study and Tingle’s Maps, which brings our total to five unique columns.
The team has been hard at work to ensure we prepare articles for you every week, so we hope you’ve been enjoying them! We want to bring forth even more new projects like these and bring new voices to our existing columns, and so I’d like to welcome the talented writers among you to apply for a spot on our columns team.
Here is our current lineup:
- Medli’s Melodies is a series in which we choose our favorite songs from The Legend of Zelda franchise, or highlight a special piece of music from the perpetually creative fan community.
- Princess Zelda’s Study is a series where we examine the history of The Legend of Zelda to bring you some fascinating (or just plain weird) trivia.
- Tingle’s Maps is a series in which we explore the endless lands of Hyrule in search of our favorite places in The Legend of Zelda.
- Realm of Memories is a series where we reflect on our absolute favorite moments in The Legend of Zelda games.
- Yuga’s Art Gallery is a series in which we highlight our favorite artwork from The Legend of Zelda community, as well as some official artwork from the franchise from time to time.
New projects we have in mind include weekly columns on cosplay, crafts, and tips and tricks. We’d love for you to help us get all of these and many more off the ground, and to pitch us your own ideas for new content.
How to apply
First of all, please only apply if you:
- have previous writing experience.
- are committed to fulfilling this position for a decent amount of time.
- are fluent, experienced and creative in your use of the English language.
And you can:
- keep in frequent contact with the rest of the staff using our online chat room (you are expected to coordinate with us as a team, not independently).
- adhere to and pay attention to our columns schedule, ensuring you can submit your drafts in advance of your allocated date (or notify us otherwise).
Does that sound like you? Great! Send us your application to email@example.com with the subject header “Columnist Application“. Please include:
- your name.
- your age.
- a selection of at least three of the above columns that you may be interested in contributing to.
- a detailed (but not unnecessarily long) overview of your previous working experience. We want to know about your writing experience above all.
- samples of your work (via links or attachments). Feel free to send us anything else that demonstrates your writing ability: articles, editorials, theories, essays, blogs, fictional works, etc. You are also welcome to send us a mock draft of any of the aforementioned columns.
It may take us a little while for us to select the most suitable applicants, so please don’t feel discouraged if we don’t respond straight away (and please don’t spam us with repeated entries; it won’t help you!). It may take up to a week or longer before we pick you.
We’re very professional about what we do here, but we also have a ton of fun while doing it! We have a highly talented and very friendly team ready to welcome you. Please note that this is a voluntary position, so staff are not paid.