Already we’re fast approaching the middle of 2018, which to many signals the beginning of summer. That’s great and all, but there’s something far more exciting on the horizon for all of us here at Zelda Universe: The Electronic Entertainment Expo.
As always, we’re expecting great things from Nintendo, and already we’re full of predictions and questions. What’s next for The Legend of Zelda franchise? What’s the deal with this new Super Smash Bros. title? What does Nintendo have in mind for the Switch, and how does it plan to top the system’s incredible first year? What other surprises await? Next month we’re likely to see answers to at least some of those questions, and upon all of the announcements, you’re going to see a lot of coverage on the site.
That’s why we need you, our beloved community, to help us keep all bases covered. We’re looking for skilled and passionate writers willing to contribute news articles for our home page. Becoming a Zelda Universe news reporter means helping spread the word and sharing your thoughts of all the latest Zelda and Nintendo news to your fellow fans, and giving yourself a platform to establish yourself in the gaming journalism industry. This is your chance to have your work read by thousands of readers, through the largest Zelda fansite around!
How to apply
First of all, please only apply if you:
- have previous writing experience.
- are committed to fulfilling this position for a decent amount of time.
- are fluent, experienced and creative in your use of the English language.
And you can:
- write a minimum of two news articles per week.
- keep in frequent contact with the rest of the staff using our online chat room (you are expected to co-ordinate with us as a team, not independently).
Does that sound like you? Great! Send us your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header “News Reporter Application“. Please include:
- your name.
- your age.
- a detailed (but not unnecessarily long) overview of your previous working experience. We want to know about your writing experience above all.
- samples of your work (via links or attachments). We’re most interested in seeing articles you have produced; obviously news articles would be ideal, but feature articles are also welcome. Otherwise, feel free to send us anything else that demonstrates your writing ability: editorials, theories,, essays, blogs, fictional works, etc.
It may take us a little while for us to select the most suitable applicants, so please don’t feel discouraged if we don’t respond straight away (and please don’t spam us with repeated entries; it won’t help you!). It may take up to a week or longer before we pick you.
We’re very professional about what we do here, but we also have a ton of fun while doing it! We have a highly talented and very friendly team ready to welcome you. Please note that this is a voluntary position, so staff are not paid.