The Hero’s Sword
North of the Woodlands Tower is the entrance to the Lost Woods. The whole area is covered with a fog layer restricting the amount that you can see. You can only reach the Korok Forest once you have successfully navigated your way through the fog. This area can be split into two parts, the first part is guided by following the torches but the second may take a couple of tries. Any changes in direction will imply a 90 degree turn in that direction, unless told otherwise.
As you enter, you will see the first torch. Look to your right and you will see another torch in the distance; head in that direction. When you reach the next torch, scan the area for your next target. At the third torch, turn to your left and continue to follow the torches. After another three torches, turn to your left again to see one torch on it’s own. When you reach this torch, turn to your right and head to the two torches in the distance. This is the end of the easy part!
The second path can be tricky.
- At the two torches, turn left an head towards the large tree.
- Use your Magnesis rune here to locate one of the DLC chests containing the Korok Mask. Unfortunately, the mask will not add any benefit here.
- From the large tree, you will need to turn to your right and head forward until you reach a small hillock on your left.
- At the rock, turn right and head forward. You should now be heading in a northerly direction.
- In this direction, you will reach a small canyon on the left. Head through this and you should now be heading to the entrance to the Korok Forest and safe from here.
As you head in to the Korok Forest, you will soon see The Great Deku Tree and trigger the cut scene.
To the right of the Deku Tree, you will find the Keo Ruug Shrine. Activating this shrine will mean that you can fast travel back to the Korok Forest without going through the Lost Woods again. Also, if you have completed the Lost Maracas side quest and at the Woodlands Stables, Hestu will also be in the Korok Forest and can expand your inventory.