The long-awaited Breath of the Wild is only a month away, and we are looking for additional volunteers to help us create strategy guides and a walkthrough for the new game. We expect Breath of the Wild to be the largest Legend of Zelda game ever created, so we have a lot of work to do!
We’ve already begun publishing guides for Breath of the Wild based on the details we learned at E3 2016, and we will be working on completing the guides after the game is released in March.
The guides team is divided into writers and editors. We are looking for additional volunteers to help in both positions.
Writers are responsible for researching and writing the text of the guides. This position requires a good understanding of English grammar. Writers also begin planning the format of each page. This includes deciding the possible placement of screenshots and special formatting.
Editors finalize the guide pages with proper formatting. This position requires using WordPress, our content management system, to create the guide pages and add all the formatting. While previous experience working with WordPress and/or coding (HTML/CSS) are not required for this position, they would be a helpful.
Because we are dealing with the release of a brand new game, there are some criteria that are different than what we usually request from guide writers:
- Be prepared to encounter spoilers, big and small. We are designing guides to help other fans complete the game, so you will probably encounter information you haven’t seen from your own playing experience. A lot of this information is basic: items, dungeons, puzzles, etc., but be prepared to hear story spoilers as well. We all want to have the best playing experience, so we try not to discuss the most sensitive details openly, but the risk is always there that you may see something.
- You will need to have access to a copy of Breath of the Wild for either the Wii U or Nintendo Switch on launch day or shortly after.
How to apply
If you think that you’d be a good fit for either of these positions, have any questions, or are interested in doing any other sort of work for our site, send an email to [email protected] with the following information:
- Your name
- Your age
- IM screennames we can use to contact you (Skype, preferably)
- The position you’re applying for and why you’re qualified (include examples of your work if applicable)
- Any past experience working on a website (if applicable)
- A detailed description of how you want to help out Zelda Universe
- Any other information you’d like to add
Please note that our website is run entirely by a team of volunteers, so we don’t pay our staff. These are volunteer positions that we’re hoping to fill. However, we do provide perks to dedicated team members when we are able. You may have opportunities to represent us at gaming events and conventions, not to mention developing a portfolio that will help you in the future (we’re also happy to provide references).