For quite a while now, the Zelda Universe staff has worked hard to bring you the best user experience possible. From our front page to our rebuilt forums, things are looking better than ever. Lately we’ve been looking for developers to join our team, but now we’re on the lookout for talented graphic artists and designers to work with the developers, as well as our news, guides, features, and media teams to help make the site as beautiful and professional as it can be.
As a member of the graphics team, you will be expected to:
- Have a high level of skill in Photoshop, Illustrator, or another powerful image editing tool (including knowledge of and access to recent versions of the tool)
- Have a passion for graphic design, visual arts, and other creative endeavors (and of course, the Legend of Zelda series!)
- Have the ability to work in a team-based setting. You’ll be working with almost every team here on ZU (including certain aspects of Zelda Wiki), so this is extremely important
If this is a job you think you’d be good at, please send an application in for review! To apply, send an email to email@example.com containing the following information:
- Background information + previous experience
- A portfolio that showcases your best work and represents your abilities. If your portfolio is hosted online, you can simply send a link. Otherwise, attach files to the email
- What you’d like to do as a graphic designer for ZU and why it is you want to join up
Most importantly, we require you to be able to collaborate with the graphics team and other areas of staff via our online chat tool. Remember, like all positions at ZU, this is a volunteer position and we will not be able to compensate you for your work–however, you can always use the experience you gain here in your portfolio and we will be happy to provide references for you in the future!