Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Homosexuality and Moderating
  • Lord Zero wrote:

    It's only offensive if you actually take homosexuality as a something worth getting offended over. Regardless of whether or not it's offensive to Christians, any person who WOULD be offended by such a statement is the sort of person who is likely to offend with their views to begin with. Forgive my rather harsh yet accurate comparison, but saying that anything pertaining to homosexuality offends anti-homosexuals is like saying anything pertaining to interracial relationships offends racists.

    Saying God is having sex at all is offending to a Christian. This has very little to do with homo-sexuality, actually.

    Frozen, I completely understand your point, and I am not at all trying to support either party, and I agree that the OP is in the wrong here.

    Edit:

    fratey wrote:

    No, it's extremely offensive to some Christians who still live in the stone age and still think "gay sex" is bad.

    It also offends Christians that think God having sex is bad. Which is all of the ones I've met.

    Prove that the Islamic God isn't the one referred to.

    It would be equally offensive in either case, so I really don't see why I should.

    Saying gays will burn in hell targets homosexuals directly. Saying a God has sex as a joke doesn't target anyone, therefore isn't offensive. Comparing apples to pears don't work out. The day Christians prove that God exists and that they all are God, is the day I'll take it seriously and not say such a thing.

    Whether or not something targets you directly has nothing to do with whether or not it is offensive. If I say your house, your mother, or your dog are all worthless trash, I've probably offended you at that point. Some people devote their entire lives to God, so I can easily see how they'd be offended by statements about him.

    The post was edited 2 times, last by Jordan ().

  • fratey wrote:

    Saying gays will burn in hell targets homosexuals directly. Saying a God has sex as a joke doesn't target anyone, therefore isn't offensive. Comparing apples to pears don't work out. The day Christians prove that God exists and that they all are God, is the day I'll take it seriously and not say such a thing.


    So you'd follow the orders of such a God? You'd compromise your current system of moral belief just because a God would exist?

    "Even should the heavens fall, let Justice prevail."
  • Shmehzzie can wrote:

    Saying God is having sex at all is offending to a Christian.

    *Some Christians. Others would probably just shrug off such a statement and not overreact.
    [SIZE="1"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]Just dance. It's gonna be okay.[/FONT]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [FONT="Georgia"]...And I'm yours. That's why I won't leave you forever.[/FONT][/SIZE]

    The post was edited 1 time, last by Ŧҽҽᶄɑƴ ().

    Post by Lord Zero ().

    The post was deleted, no further information is available.
  • fratey wrote:

    Prove that the Islamic God isn't the one referred to.

    The Islamin, Jewish and Christian God is generally taken to the the same God. All believe stem from the same origin, have the same history etc. they just branched away at some point.
    (Incredibly some people are offended by this, which I myself find stunning).

    Lord Zero wrote:

    So you'd follow the orders of such a God? You'd compromise your current system of moral belief just because a God would exist?

    I think the point he was trying to make was that he wouldn't make a statement like that if a God existed and all Christains were God because it would offend all those people (those who weren't homosexual / bigoted at least). It's a bit of a stupid point though, because I doubt the existence of God will ever be proved, and I certainly don't believe that every Christian will be proven to be god. :b
  • Tohopekaliga wrote:

    Are we suggesting that Christians have dominion over the concept of God? How deplorably close-minded.

    No, I'm an atheist, actually, and don't believe any religion to be any more valid than any other. That doesn't make it any less offensive to those that do.

    Lord Zero wrote:

    I've never seen a single Christian complain about this:


    That is one picture, a picture I've never even heard of, no less. I don't really see how that's valid evidence of a general consensus among Christians.

    The post was edited 1 time, last by Jordan ().

  • Shmehzzie can wrote:

    That is one picture, a picture I've never even heard of, no less. I don't really see how that's valid evidence of a general consensus among Christians.


    I've actually seen it around quite a lot on places where all sorts of religious people hang out, and not one has ever commented on its offensiveness in regards to the implication that God engages in sexual intercourse, only in the suggestion that it undermines God by implying that he'd actually talk to such a person.

    "Even should the heavens fall, let Justice prevail."

    The post was edited 1 time, last by Lord Zero ().

  • Cukeman wrote:

    Forums are a little bit different, you can make certain rules, but if you don't allow anti-homosexual opinions, then you should just not allow any discussion of homosexuality at all.


    So I can be as anti-religious as I like too? Because if I’m being honest then I think everyone that believes in a magic sky wizard is a gigantic ******. Seriously, what the hell is wrong with you people, do you believe in Santa and the Tooth Fairy too? Religious belief should be categorized as mental illness and you should all be locked up.

    And what about those black people eh?

    And yes, it IS possible to have an anti-homosexual opinion without slandering or insulting homosexual people.


    No it isn’t. You're against homosexuality, I find that to be fundamentally offensive and insulting.
    "And the LORD was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron - Judges 1:19

    The post was edited 1 time, last by Swizzzle ().

  • Peder Andersson wrote:

    God does not exist, homosexuals/bisexuals do. Who should I respect?

    Jews, Christian and Muslims are only believing in God, can't prove his existence. Homosexuals are Homosexual, it is not a veil of belief before their eyes but a truth - a deep and personal truth.

    I entirely agree. I did not say that there was validity in the belief of God or in the belief that his sex life is really anything to be concerned about. If it were up to me it wouldn't be an illegal signature.

    But it's not up to me, and it never will be. It's fairly obvious that the image is blatantly not rule abiding. Keep in mind this is the same site that wouldn't let Sailboat change his username to God.

    The post was edited 1 time, last by Jordan ().

  • That's not really what I was getting at. He's suggesting that that signature is the same kind of hate as his comment, which it blatantly isn't.
    The signature doesn't say "God is a ****** and ****s ass on a daily basis". It doesn't even suggest that the wearer dislikes God or religion. I can see, however that if you found homosexuality and the act of gay sex offensive then your God being associated with that might be offensive.
    The point is is that one is very deliberate hate, while the other is only offensive if you are offended by the subject in question. Besides, in my personal opinion being offended by homosexuality is naive, as it's a natural occurrence and something 999/1000 people will encounter more than once in their life.

    I posted that in Nayru, but I think it's applicable here. The signature is only offensive if you have offensive views, generally. That doesn't make it right, and that isn't true in all cases, but if you find homoseuxality offensive there is no chance that you'll be taking this signature as the joke it's supposed to be. If you don't find it offensive, then the majority (I assume) would be able to see the joke, or wouldn't be offended by it.
  • You guy realize that most of your posts are simply proving his point, right?

    I can see how the image in question could offend him, since it implies that the Christian God is homosexual when Christian teachings say homosexuality is wrong. I can also see how his post is equally offensive. So, if we both agree that each side has offended the other, and that neither side wants to be offensive, then why the **** are we still arguing?

    ...and from that day forward, anytime a bunch of self-important ranting morons are together in one place, it's called a FORUM! Unless it's a LEGISLATURE!