Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    Hyrule's changing geography
    • The only true difference is Zora's Domaind and the Temple of Time. Everything else is Ocarina of Time's Hyrule seen from a much more powerful graphical engine and a bigger Hyrule Field.

And that guy has a point- notice all the holes and landslides around Hyrule during Twilight Princess? Even the Gorons say that Hyrule has been suffering geography-related disasters: a.k.a. landslides, can be caused which are caused by earthquakes.

This is where we disagree. I've said it once, I've said it again, I'll say it as long as I have to:

DEATH MOUNTAIN IS IN THE FAR EAST IN TP!!!!!!!

Zora's domain and DM switched places, there's no denying that. It's the only retcon I will alow, but it's possible.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      Best Theorist Fall 2007, Summer 2011 ; Most Devoted Theorist Summer 2010, Winter 2011, Summer 2011

Beemnorv wrote:

You see, Pine, you and I - we're the superheroes of ZU.
    • But we already covered that there could have been a landslide or something, and that could have changed the geography enough to make TP "not work" with TMC. It still works (slightly) with OoT, but after 2 games it's been long enough for something catastrophic to happen.
      If all pizzas are pies but not all pies are pizzas, then some pies must be pizzas! I'm smart! :scholar:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      Awesome siggy made by Zorathan!
    • Pinecove wrote:

This is where we disagree. I've said it once, I've said it again, I'll say it as long as I have to:

DEATH MOUNTAIN IS IN THE FAR EAST IN TP!!!!!!!

Zora's domain and DM switched places, there's no denying that. It's the only retcon I will alow, but it's possible.

It is the only retcon I will allow, too. I love the way we both say 'allow' when discussing retcon in all its horror.

By the way- everything in Twilight Princess is now more closewise direction than in Ocarina of Time: forests went from eas to south, lake Hylia and the Desert further north, Death Mountain and Kakariko further south...

That is why I only compare Twilight Princess when the map is rotated so that the forest is in the south east, lake further south, mountain further north. That way it fits perfectly with The Wind Waker (everything matches absolutely perfectly) and better with Ocarina of Time.

I think Hyrule just graduallly moved closewise, and that is why all landmarks are now actually seen in a closewise direction when looking at the difference between Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess.

The lake is further north than before, the mountain is further south than before, and the forest is further west rather than east. All of this is closewise geography. The land just shifted in a closewise direction, from the looks of it (note: the huge holes, craters, and landslides during Twilight Princess).
      [COLOR="Black"]Personal Timeline Information[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Child Timeline:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Teal"]OoT/MM - TP - ALttP/LA[/COLOR]
      [COLOR="DarkGreen"]Adult Timeline:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Teal"]OoT - tWW/PH - FPTRR - LoZ/AoL - OoA/OoS - tMC - FS/FSA[/COLOR]

*Prone to frequent change
      * [___] = not sure of exact timeline placment
      *Spin-offs included

[COLOR="DarkGreen"]PotentCove[/COLOR]
      I am [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Potent[/COLOR], he is [COLOR="DarkRed"]Cove[/COLOR].

LupusX;3066177 wrote:

Some people listen do Heavy Metal, some prefer classical music, I listen to Zelda.
    • Potent Col wrote:

The land just shifted in a closewise direction, from the looks of it (note: the huge holes, craters, and landslides during Twilight Princess).

What the heck is closewise? You mean counterclockwise?

Pinecove wrote:

Except for the fact that LoZ and TMC line up almost perfectly?

Explain...

In TMC I see a large castle (larger than OoT or AlttP, though this could be because of the smallness of the total map) and no castle in LoZ. A swamp and no solid line of mountains in the north and no death mountain. The coast line and the river and the lake are all wrong.

Whereas if you zoom into the map of OoT, the map fits together well with TMC. Again, it would have been difficult on the n64 engine to create a swamp.

I say that because it is very possible with every cameo Capcom placed in that game that they also looked to Nintendo made maps for geographical inspiration, something Nintendo has never done. And based on that information, I see OoT and AlttP, not LoZ.

The post was edited 6 times, last by quick silver ().

• I can't do the map comparisons now because I'm at work, but I can show you in a few hours. From what I remember of them, look at veil falls and the river. plus Lake Hylia. There's more I, but right now I don't remember.

Edit: It's the forest in the south west, the waterfall and the fact that the graveyard is accessed through the lost woods and plays identical music to that of LoZ.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      Best Theorist Fall 2007, Summer 2011 ; Most Devoted Theorist Summer 2010, Winter 2011, Summer 2011

Beemnorv wrote:

The post was edited 1 time, last by Pinecove ().

• Well...

Hyrule Castle = Hyrule Castle
      Veil Falls = Death Mountain
      Minish Woods = Kokiri Forest
      Castor Wilds = Lake Hylia

If you're confused about the later, take a good look as Castor Wilds and Lake Hylia. They're in the same place, Castor Wilds is a large hole filled mith mirky water and has a few pillars connected by wooden bridges. It's in the south west.

Lake Hylia is a large hole filled with water and has a few pillars connected by wooden bridges. It's in the south west.

A single route of water near the Castor Wilds enterence can be seen feeding into Castor Wilds. Lahe Hylia is fed through a single ruote or water near the enterece during Ocarina of Time.

Because the water apparantly seems to stop feeding the Minish Cap's Lake Hylia and the waterfall of Veil Falls changes course (causing the former to be shaped like a mountain path where the waterfall was), most of the water would end up going to Castor Wilds, flooding it and filling it with water.

[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Child Timeline:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Teal"]OoT/MM - TP - ALttP/LA[/COLOR]
      [COLOR="DarkGreen"]Adult Timeline:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Teal"]OoT - tWW/PH - FPTRR - LoZ/AoL - OoA/OoS - tMC - FS/FSA[/COLOR]

*Spin-offs included

LupusX;3066177 wrote:

Some people listen do Heavy Metal, some prefer classical music, I listen to Zelda.
    • Pinecove wrote:

In Twilight princess Death mountain is in the far east, and in Ocarina of time, it's in the north. Games simply don't line up with TP.

I hate this argument right here. ^^ Here's why it doesn't matter one bit.

The areas north of Hyrule Castle in TP weren't in OoT. In TP, Death Mountain is still directly parallel to Hyrule Castle, just like it was in OoT. The only reason it isn't in the northeast in TP is because new land exists north of Hyrule Castle now. So the map expanded.
    • The areas north of Hyrule Castle in TP weren't in OoT. In TP, Death Mountain is still directly parallel to Hyrule Castle, just like it was in OoT. The only reason it isn't in the northeast in TP is because new land exists north of Hyrule Castle now. So the map expanded.

Wrong on so many acounts. Hyrule wasn't expaned north, Hyrule castle WAS MOVED to where lon lon ranch is.

I'm sorry but have you ever tried comparing OoT to ALttP and then tried comparing TP to it?

Notice that even if you rotate the TP map the same # of degrees, as the OoT map, it doesn't line up? ;)
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beemnorv wrote:

• The Minish Cap map mactes the Ocarina of Time map, and the Oracarina of Time map matches with the Twilight Princess map if you rotate it somewhat anti-closewise to where it belongs.

Basically...

Minish Woods = Kokiri Forest = Faron Woods
      Castor Wilds = Lake Hylia = Lake Hylia
      Veil Falls = Death Mountain = Death Mountain
      Mt. Crenel = Gerudo Valley = Presumably Destroyed (by a mountain landslide) Gerudo Valley

Twilight Princess has a very formal map, so it is hard comparing it to the colourful and smashed together maps of The Minish Cap and Ocarina of Time, which are generally inacurate in how close they show the landmarks to be.

Have you seen the Orarina of Time map? It says Death Mountain is right next to Hyrule Castlle, and The Minish Cap mao say Veil Falls is right next to Hyrule Castle!

*Spin-offs included

LupusX;3066177 wrote:

• Pinecove wrote:

NO IT DOESN'T!!!!

TP Hyrule may = OoT Hyrule but TP map =/= OoT map.

Zora's domain and Death mountain switch places and that's all there is to it.

I realize that, but it doesn't matter. If the similarities between tMC and OoT are enough to prove they're the same, despite OoT-TP discrepancies, then why did TP ever enter this particular discussion?
      __________WW/PH-ST
      SS-tMC-FS-OoT
      ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯MM-TP-FSA-LttP-LoZ/AoL/OoS/OoA/LA