Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    Chukapi's Sketchpad
    • Chukapi's Sketchpad
      Please read this before looking at my art

Hi! My friend and I have inspired one another recently into drawing, and, well, suffice to say this inspiration has led to an addiction, and I have produced countless drawings within less than two weeks. In any case, I wish to share my work with the ZU community and get some STRICT critisism. I want to improve and I appreciate every form of critisism

Please post a critisism if you comment! That's my main aim (and no, this isn't modesty, I'm being deadly serious. I'm taking art as a subject come September and I'm hoping I can be ready by then to produce some top notch stuff.)

Okay, without any further comments, here is my work!

My deviantArt

-warning-
      This is [strike]mainly[/strike] just consistent of KH fan art (for now, it's an obsession.
      Leave me alone! XD

If you don't know the characters, it doesn't matter! Please enjoy the art as just art, not fan art. And give critisism anyway!

Also! The scanner messes up a lot of the shading: increases the brightness, so I don't know what to say about that =\)

Kairi - WIP (work in progress) - Kingdom Hearts 1
      About 30 minutes into it.

Kairi - Completion - Kingdom Hearts 1
      About 8 hours

Axel - Kingdom Hearts 2
      About 6 hours

This piece is slightly older than the rest, and my style rapidly changed over these past two weeks, thus the huge difference (also, the other pictures I used reference, this was just off the top of my head.) But between the drawing by memory, proportioning correctly (which is still not perfect), the background AND colouring (oh, and the eye) this took the longest to draw despite not being my best piece.
      Took 10 hours +

Riku - Kingdom Hearts 1 (this is definitely my favourite piece. I love Riku to death<3333333)
      About 5 hours+

Sora - Kingdom Hearts 1 (yes, the hair is extremely messed up. I gave up about half way XD)
      About 5 hours+

Riku - Kingdom Hearts 2
      2 hours+

And umm...that's just boredom ;D
      About 10 minutes xD

Please! Strong critisism please! <3 Hope you enjoyed.
    • Thank you for your comments! <3 And to Koulatio, I have been drawing... well, since I could draw xD It's on and off thought, not consistent, but I always have art as a major subject at school, and I'm stydying in sixth form (like college in america).

Update:

Floyvillie - Own character
      Took me about 5+ hours?
      Not completely satisfied with this drawing, her body was annoying to draw, but I just left it to avoid excessive rubbings on the paper.

Black and white

Colour

Raiku - own character
      Hours: 7+ (including colouring)

This guy I was quite happy with. His hair is a little off on the right hand side, but other than that I like the finished result.

Critisism please! <3

The post was edited 1 time, last by Chukapi ().

• Chukapi wrote:

Update:

Floyvillie - Own character
      Took me about 5+ hours?
      Not completely satisfied with this drawing, her body was annoying to draw, but I just left it to avoid excessive rubbings on the paper.

I know you already mentioned the body, but that's what really sticks out to me as being off. The size of her neck looks fine, but I think she could really use some larger shoulders (to me it looks as though her neck is thicker than her two shoulders put together). Other than that though, I think it looks quite nice. :D

I like the amount of detail in her eyes (the right one may have a bit of a bigger iris though) and ears. I'm also not sure if it's the style, just me, or an actual problem, but I feel like the eyes may be a smidgen to far appart. Fabulous original design though! :3nod

Chukapi wrote:

Black and white

Colour

Raiku - own character
      Hours: 7+ (including colouring)

This guy I was quite happy with. His hair is a little off on the right hand side, but other than that I like the finished result.

Critisism please! <3

This is my favorite of yours, I love the hair, the eyes, the face...it's all pretty spot on.Only thing I can think to change is the shoulders once again, but maybe that's just me. Also, another really cool design. :DD

I hope that was useful to you. :D
    • Vynrah wrote:

I know you already mentioned the body, but that's what really sticks out to me as being off. The size of her neck looks fine, but I think she could really use some larger shoulders (to me it looks as though her neck is thicker than her two shoulders put together). Other than that though, I think it looks quite nice. :D

I like the amount of detail in her eyes (the right one may have a bit of a bigger iris though) and ears. I'm also not sure if it's the style, just me, or an actual problem, but I feel like the eyes may be a smidgen to far appart. Fabulous original design though! :3nod

This is my favorite of yours, I love the hair, the eyes, the face...it's all pretty spot on.Only thing I can think to change is the shoulders once again, but maybe that's just me. Also, another really cool design. :DD

I hope that was useful to you. :D

Very helpful! Thank you so much! ^_^ <3 You're definitely right about the eyes, I noticed the distance too, after I was finished, by which point I couldn't change. Thank you for pointing it out though! I thought it was just me. ;D
    • Wow, you have improved with each drawing! You have potential, but I do have a couple gripes.

First of all, while great for practice now, you're going to have to try and create your own style. While Kingdom Hearts has an interesting look, the style is cursed because every character looks pretty much the exact same. I think the best way to find your own style is to study more realistic anatomy. Eventually, you find a certain way you like to draw things (like maybe you'll find shortcuts or unique ways of drawing eyes, or maybe you'll like you exaggerate certain muscles) and you'll develope your own style from there. But an understanding of anatomy is very important no matter what style you choose.

Second, and this is what my first point was leading to, use guidelines when you draw. Some of your characters faces look a little silly, expecially this one since her eye is going into her cheek, and they are not level with each other. I'd start with an oval, and make a guideline that splits the oval in half both vertically and horizontally. The eyes should be on the horizontal line. Here is what I mean:

^Use guidelines and plan things out until you get a better understanding of the face. I'm not saying your drawing has to look exactly like this, it's fine to exaggerate the size of eyes or whatever, but keep these guidelines in mind. Start basic, then once you have an understanding of that, you will be able to break the rules.

Oh, and that colored Raiku drawing is easily your best work! Very nice design and the coloring is well-done. I'm excited to see more stuff from you!

The post was edited 3 times, last by Kee ().