Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    Man brings loaded gun to protest.
    • Oni Dark Link wrote:

Lord: Wait are you saying we never fixed our mistake that caused WW2?

If we had, how do you think World War II started? We only realised after World War II that a similar treaty would have just resulted in yet another war, and THAT's when we made up for Versailles by helping Germany rebuild rather than oppressing them yet again.

"Even should the heavens fall, let Justice prevail."
    • Oni Dark Link wrote:

You can't completly pin the treaty of versailles on us. Also if it's our fault then shouldn't we be obligated to fix it?

I didn't say it was just us, Britain and france (especially France) had a hand in it as well, that's why I said the allies.

Also if it's our fault then shouldn't we be obligated to fix it
      We did do some rebuilding after the war, but that was mostly to make ourselves look better than the russians if you ask me.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Bromion ().

• Lord Zero wrote:

I'm sorry but the feeling of ugliness and inadequacy is probably a lot more devastating than feeling like you're the wrong bloody gender, and as such if we're going to talk about mental issues then it's both, or neither.

http://www.tc.umn.edu/~colem001/hbigda/hstndrd.htm wrote:

The Gender Identity Disorders are Mental Disorders. To qualify as a mental disorder, any behavioral pattern must result in a significant adaptive disadvantage to the person and cause personal mental suffering.
      It's an actual problem that causes actual suffering. In cases of "cosmetic" surgery where the patient is indeed relieving a form of significant suffering, sure. For example, I'm fine with breast reduction surgery if the woman is proven to be experiencing back pain because of her breasts and not some other reason.

I would personally also be fine with cosmetic surgery if the person has been as thoroughly proven to be mentally suffering from something as they would have to be proven in order to undergo sex reassignment surgery. There are varying levels of treatment when it comes to GID (it's not all about the surgery), and there could certainly be a similar system put in place for treating and determining whether or not a person is suffering equally as much from some kind of perceived physical inadequacy.

If I'm just slightly annoyed that my breast are only an A cup, that requires no more than perhaps a few talks with a counselor type. If I've been suffering from severe mental anguish (to the point where it really does interfere with my life) over the course of two years and two experts are willing to stake their reputation and sign off on it, then why not give me the breast implants? This may not be the most frugal approach to medicine (though I really don't think more than a select few would qualify for something like this), but I'm sure that we'd have a much more mentally stable, happy, and overall more productive population, which would eventually make up for the initial cost. Anyone not found to be so profoundly mentally distressed should pay for the procedure themselves.

http://www.tgender.net/taw/tsins.html wrote:

How much would it cost your company to cover the basic medical needs of a transsexual? Transsexualism is very rare. According to the DSM-IV, it affects an estimated 1 in 30,000 people, The latest research estimates that the total annual cost per insured is $.05 to cover surgery, or $.17 to cover surgery, hormones, and therapy. With medical insurance costing upwards of $4,000 per year, the to cover THBs would be about .004%.

Sex reassignment surgery is quite cheap in the scheme of things, and this is based on the health insurance currently provided by employers with our current overpriced private system.

Lord Zero wrote:

You are saying this based on nothing more than Vynrah's post, when "being ugly" and "being in what you feel is the wrong body" are effectively the same thing. Thus, if you deserve gender reassignment surgery for these reasons, you deserve cosmetic surgery for the same reasons.

I'm less concerned about the actual physical problem and more about addressing any crippling mental problem in regard to one's body. If someone is truly mentally suffering severely because of some physical reason, I see no reason not to treat it. We should treat things which significantly detriment a person's ability to work and live.

Oni Dark Link wrote:

Did i say Iraq has nukes? no i said the terrorists do. And if they don't should we just wait around until they do get them? Also Vynrah in regards to the past. There's an example from history that supports me. We allowed the Nazis to kill millions of people! We allowed Hitler to become a harsh crule ruler and look what happened! Should we let that mistake repeat again in the middle east?

You know what this is? A tangent. Feel free to look over what the majority of my post consisted of and respond if you care to. However, sure, I'll answer you.

You know what wouldn't have happened without the first World War? The rise of Hitler, the Holocaust, and the second World War.

Also:

Wikipedia wrote:

While the Allies were at war with Nazi Germany and engaged in a massive military campaign of unprecedented scale against it, they did little if anything to either stop the ongoing slaughter of millions of Jews and other minorities, or to save and absorb refugees.

We weren't waging war in World War II to liberate the people of the Holocaust. We knew of it, and did little, so don't defend World War II as the war fought for the end of genocide. Those were not our motives.

Also, I'd love to have you answer why these supposed nuclear-armed terrorists organizations haven't used said technology? Please, I'm dying to hear this explanation, because I really see no reason for them to have held back thus far.

Oni Dark Link wrote:

you don't think they won't try and get them? If you honestly think Osama isn't trying to get his hands on a nuke then i have nothing more to say to you people.

Because making a nuclear weapon is really simple.

TalAarahk wrote:

Bin Laden needs to be stopped and punished but the answer to that is not invading Iraq. Also yeah abortions will change your body being that you are not longer pregnant, but I'm talking a health issue. If an otherwise healthy pregnant woman chooses to get an abortion that's just a personal choice, not a medical treatment in the way that a gender-reassignment surgery can be considered treatment for transsexualism.

Poor women would still be unable to pay for an abortion though. They're generally $300 to $600, a hefty price to pay. If you're expecting someone to rise out of poverty, them being unnecessarily pregnant is not a good way of doing so. They are kept from jobs and often the baby is not healthy because of the lack of (expensive) prenatal care. Once again we have another child in the foster care system who didn't need to be.

artwork by Qistina Khalidah- join Farore Scouts today!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Vynrah ().

• Transexualism is an actual diagnosed condition, ugliness isn't. If your ugliness affects you to the point where your mental health is at stake, then it's a medical problem.

We're talking about the after-effects of pregnancy after an abortion, aren't we? Those won't go away if we pay for the abortion. You're preventing nothing except a birth, which isn't a medical issue, it's you deciding that you don't want a birth.
    • Vynrah wrote:

It's an actual problem that causes actual suffering. In cases of "cosmetic" surgery where the patient is indeed relieving a form of significant suffering, sure. For example, I'm fine with breast reduction surgery if the woman is proven to be experiencing back pain because of her breasts and not some other reason.

I would personally also be fine with cosmetic surgery if the person has been as thoroughly proven to be mentally suffering from something as they would have to be proven in order to undergo sex reassignment surgery. There are varying levels of treatment when it comes to GID (it's not all about the surgery), and there could certainly be a similar system put in place for treating and determining whether or not a person is suffering equally as much from some kind of perceived physical inadequacy.

If I'm just slightly annoyed that my breast are only an A cup, that requires no more than perhaps a few talks with a counselor type. If I've been suffering from severe mental anguish (to the point where it really does interfere with my life) over the course of two years and two experts are willing to stake their reputation and sign off on it, then why not give me the breast implants? This may not be the most frugal approach to medicine (though I really don't think more than a select few would qualify for something like this), but I'm sure that we'd have a much more mentally stable, happy, and overall more productive population, which would eventually make up for the initial cost. Anyone not found to be so profoundly mentally distressed should pay for the procedure themselves.

As long as you acknowledge that "I'd kind of like to be a woman" and "I'm borderline suicidal because I can't be a woman" are two different scenarioes as well.

Sex reassignment surgery is quite cheap in the scheme of things, and this is based on the health insurance currently provided by employers with our current overpriced private system.

But it's still an unnecessary burden on the taxpayers that some kind of counselling or therapy can fix, surely. Maybe those in extreme emotional turmoil could be made to, if you'll pardon the expression, "man up". Do you have any evidence that suggests that someone with mental problems before having a sex-change will be relieved of these ailments after receiving the sex-change? I can think of little reason to suggest that someone who is over-emotional pre-op will be less so post-op, and if anything the hormone treatment can only complicate matters.

I'm less concerned about the actual physical problem and more about addressing any crippling mental problem in regard to one's body. If someone is truly mentally suffering severely because of some physical reason, I see no reason not to treat it. We should treat things which significantly detriment a person's ability to work and live.

There is all manner of mental suffering, do you propose that all psychiatric problems be paid for by the taxpayer on healthcare services?

Poor women would still be unable to pay for an abortion though. They're generally $300 to $600, a hefty price to pay. If you're expecting someone to rise out of poverty, them being unnecessarily pregnant is not a good way of doing so. They are kept from jobs and often the baby is not healthy because of the lack of (expensive) prenatal care. Once again we have another child in the foster care system who didn't need to be.

This is also another good point - those who can pay for abortions will be able to afford it. Those who can't are not only poor, but will be made even poorer if denied an abortion on the healthcare service.

• Oni Dark Link wrote:

Did i say Iraq has nukes? no i said the terrorists do.

Which is simply lies.

Oni Dark Link wrote:

And if they don't should we just wait around until they do get them?

Do you honestly think a nuke can be fired out of an AK47 or rocket launcher?

Oni Dark Link wrote:

you don't think they won't try and get them? If you honestly think Osama isn't trying to get his hands on a nuke then i have nothing more to say to you people.

And I would shoot Palin, does that mean I'm able to?

Oni Dark Link wrote:

You can't completly pin the treaty of versailles on us. Also if it's our fault then shouldn't we be obligated to fix it?

History is written by the winners, and frankly Germany did nothing to start WW1, despite what the treaty says.
      おはようございます!
    • Oni Dark Link wrote:

Fratey: Really what does everybody have against Sarah Palin? If she's so incompetent and couldn't possibly be president then why is the left attacking her and her family so much?

It's because she's so incompetent that she gets attacked, and her family isn't attacked, simply used as a demonstration of her own hypocrisy. Not everything is a conspiracy, little boy, because it's not just the left who attack her - she's quite possibly the reason McCain lost the last election because even some right-wing voters thought she was an idiot.

Post by Lord Zero ().

The post was deleted, no further information is available.
    • Oni Dark Link wrote:

Fratey: Really what does everybody have against Sarah Palin? If she's so incompetent and couldn't possibly be president then why is the left attacking her and her family so much?

Just listen to what Sarah Palin has to say. Especially when Katie Couric interviewed her. o_o
      [SIZE="6"]MY EXTRA LARGE FOREHEAD IS BIGGER THAN YOURS![/SIZE]

The post was edited 1 time, last by Condi Rice ().

• Oni Dark Link wrote:

I honestly don't understand how anybody thinks Palin is anymore incompetent than Obama who is currently on a vacation in the midst of this Health Care Crisis.

*blinks*
      You might wanna watch carefully.

You can't honestly trust her competence more than Obama's.
      [SIZE="1"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]Just dance. It's gonna be okay.[/FONT]
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      [FONT="Georgia"]...And I'm yours. That's why I won't leave you forever.[/FONT][/SIZE]
    • Oni Dark Link wrote:

I honestly don't understand how anybody thinks Palin is anymore incompetent than Obama who is currently on a vacation in the midst of this Health Care Crisis.

it's called august recess. like it or not virtually no one is working in washington during that time period. And that's beside the point. Palin has no business accusing obama of setting up death panels when she is responsible for horrendously underfunding alaska's state health insurance programs. I honestly don't know why people still care about what she has to say seeing as how she isn't really important anymore.