Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    New Faron Woods/Kokiri Forest Theories
    • These are really more or rather possibilities than theories but I've no better place to put them.
      I've come to believe that the Ordon Village in TP might be the same Kokiri Forest from OoT. My reasons: They both have VERY similar geography. They also both have similar-looking houses, Especially Link's house. As for the Kokiri themselves, I have no idea, they could have changed shape or they could have simply moved out. Also, they could have died out (but hopefully not).
      Also, I've noticed striking similarities between the Sacred Forest Meadow in OoT & the ruined ToT in TP, so it is possible that they didn't move the actual ToT, just the Master Sword itself and the supposed ToT ruins are actually the Sacred Forest Meadow from OoT. As to why they would do this, I haven't the slightest clue.

Again these are just possibilies, not thoeries.

Feel free to point out any supporting/debunking evidence that I may have missed.
      Lars Halford:What do you do with a bunch of kids who don't know how to do anything but bang their heads all day long?
      Eddie Riggs:You start a revolution Lars!
    • Yay! I love theory threads!

To speak the truth, it's all really just super confusing. The sacred grove is definately the old temple of time (I take it for fact because Link travels back in time to the original temple built in the same place), and even though that suggests that Ordon is actually located near the old Hyrule Castle Town, the whole experience with the skull kid in TP suggests that it is the Lost Woods. While I believe that Ordon is actually built by the old Hyrule Castle town, that's pretty much impossible to verify due to the dramatic geographic changes that occur between Oot and Tp.

And as for the Kokiri...I have no idea. I did start a thread on that topic once...
    • Yeah, the Sacred Grove grew over the ruins of the old temple of time. The Master Sword wouldn't be able to be moved very easily considering how it was stuck in the stone. Also the fact that the Temple of Time flashback dungeon is there gives more credibility to this. I think that the woods with the skull kid simply is the old castle town. That or maybe Ordon is simply castle town after all those centuries.
    • TP isn't a northern OoT or whatever, it's the OoT map made larger to have larger space between areas to make it feel more "epic." Lake Hylia and the Gerudo desert are still west, Death Mountain is still northeast, Kakariko is still at its base...

:|

Anyway, I don't think Ordon Village is Kokiri Forest. It is directly south of Hyrule Field, whereas the Lost Woods (Kokiri FOrest included) are southeast.

The Sacred Grove in TP is in all likelihood part of the Lost Woods, based on the maze, background music, and Skull Kid. This implies that the Kokiri Forest is somewhere east of that, where we never got to explore.

The Kokiri and their village are perfectly fine, we just never see them; they're too far east of the part of the forest we go to.
      "That's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney

The post was edited 2 times, last by Reign ().

• Figaro wrote:

Lake Hylia and the Desert are only west in the GC version, in the Wii version they are in the east, so it all depends on whichever map is correct.

Gamecube's is correct, it was what TP was made for. It was just ported over to the Wii and flipped cuz it was relased close tot he Wii's release.
      "That's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." - Walt Disney
    • MetaLinkA wrote:

These are really more or rather possibilities than theories but I've no better place to put them.
      I've come to believe that the Ordon Village in TP might be the same Kokiri Forest from OoT. My reasons: They both have VERY similar geography. They also both have similar-looking houses, Especially Link's house. As for the Kokiri themselves, I have no idea, they could have changed shape or they could have simply moved out. Also, they could have died out (but hopefully not).
      Also, I've noticed striking similarities between the Sacred Forest Meadow in OoT & the ruined ToT in TP, so it is possible that they didn't move the actual ToT, just the Master Sword itself and the supposed ToT ruins are actually the Sacred Forest Meadow from OoT. As to why they would do this, I haven't the slightest clue.

Again these are just possibilies, not thoeries.

Feel free to point out any supporting/debunking evidence that I may have missed.

I did a thread comparing and marking both maps; Faron and Ordona are completely new[/i[ new areas and land unseen in Ocarina of Time, such as Snowpeak being unseen during those events.

Hyrule Castle and Hyrule Castle Town of Ocarina of Time were destroyed and rebuilt south where Lon Lon Ranch was, while Kakariko Village still stood and fell into dispair, becoming the Hidden Village north-east of the new castle and town. Based on geography based on both the maps and close-ups, Death Mountain errupted, destroying the castle, market, and dispairing Kakariko.

Because of this, as the castle and town moved to where Lon Lon Ranch once was, the Gorons found a new Death Mountain and new Kakariko Village to the WAY south-east of Hyrule, somewhere east of where Kokiri Forest was. Kokiri Forest became part of the lower-left Hyrule Field in the Eldin Province (I even remember seeing a big tree there).

After the destruction of the original Death Mountain, the Zoras expanded their domain and River to go over and past the old mountain, and then they the Hylians found Snowpeak north of Gerudo Desert, whose Gerudo Fortress was destroyed and replaced by Abiter's Grounds, while the Spirit Temple can be seen as ruins near by the Cave of Ordeals.

Because more land was found (Ordona, Faron, Snowpeak, and more of Lanayru), Hyrule took over it and became a much larger kingdom by the events of Twilight Princess.

Most of the Lanayru Province and Eldin Province in Twilight Princess (and the Desert Province, of course) is actually made up of Hyrule from Ocarina of Time, but Ordona, Faron, Snowpeak, and [i]some
      Eldin and Lanayru are completely new areas and land.

And it is safe to say that the Temple of Time was destroyed with the old castle town, too, before they moved to the Lon Lon Ranch area, so the sages, with the help of the Oocca, built a new Temple of Time deep within an area named the Sacred Grove (which may also be unexplore areas of the Lost Woods, as the Lost Woods was actually all over Hyrule and much bigger then what we saw).

Just look at both maps at the same time, and then line them up; you'll figure out the changes, and it fits with the fact that there are georges all around upper Hyrule (Hidden Village area), indicating that there was an erruption of the original Death Mountain, explaining why only the Goron elders knew where Hidden Village was... because they used to have their mountain there.

The only same locations as from Ocarina of Time is Zora's Domain, which has merely undergone a few cosmetic changes, with Zora's Fountain now turned into the Zora throne room, the river from OOT closed off, and the large waterfall from TP is the same one in front of the Lord Jabu Jabu area, which was blocked from going down at the time.
      [COLOR="Black"]Personal Timeline Information[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"]Child Timeline:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Teal"]OoT/MM - TP - ALttP/LA[/COLOR]
      [COLOR="DarkGreen"]Adult Timeline:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Teal"]OoT - tWW/PH - FPTRR - LoZ/AoL - OoA/OoS - tMC - FS/FSA[/COLOR]

*Prone to frequent change
      * [___] = not sure of exact timeline placment
      *Spin-offs included

[COLOR="DarkGreen"]PotentCove[/COLOR]
      I am [COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Potent[/COLOR], he is [COLOR="DarkRed"]Cove[/COLOR].

LupusX;3066177 wrote:

Some people listen do Heavy Metal, some prefer classical music, I listen to Zelda.
    • most of what Horny Dog Matt could very well be true(though it is slightly far fecthed, it is very believable) i believe the Occoa converted the OoT FT to the TP ToT (for reasons unknown) and then the old OoT GDT's dead body became the new Forest Temple. As for the Ordon village being the old Kokiri forest i think that the Faron woods area was the Kokiri forest(look at the trees and the position on the map). i also believe the kokiri didnt die out. i think they might have replanted the deku sprout deeper in the woods to better hide themselves incase somebody like Ganondorf came back.