Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    Spirit Tracks might be the disappointment of the year
    • Link367 wrote:

I don't agree with much you say, I mean, give the game a chance. You haven't even played it yet. :O
      I for one think it'll be a great game considering it's Zelda, I don't have really high expectations even though i am a hard-core gamer. But, come on, give the game a chance.

I'm not condeming it. I will give it a chance, and I bet I'll actually like it, but I dont like much of what I've seen so far.

Silver wrote:

ALLTP is a SNES game that was ported to the GBA. So it really doesn't count.

I guess youre right

GECK~101 wrote:

I'm convinced that the train is the only way of travelling across the overworld, just like sailing was the only way for WW and PH

I would infinately prefer Epona

Link367 wrote:

Yea, I believe it was first released sometime around 1992, and rereleased somewhere between, 1995 and 2004.

You got the release date right, and It was re-released in about 2004(it is a GBA game, so it would be about 2001-2007 for the re-release range. I was just grouping all of the Game Boy systems into a general Game Boy catagory
      :sparta: I'll take your Leonidas and raise you a link!:mastahsword:
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      pic by DatonR6

Join the Ninja Koops of ZU today!

Visit the Laundry Pool today!
      thelaundrypool.forumotion.com/forum.htm
    • I'm not gonna liw when I say I have mixed feeling about it. I'm excited that a new Zelda game is coming out. But it honestly just looks like PH with trains (how many times has this been said already). Nonetheless, i'm still going to buy it and attempt to enjoy Zelda.
      [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Purple"]SHUT UP AND EAT POUTINE!!![/COLOR][/FONT]

Rest in Peace Michael Jackson
    • MrsBonJovi wrote:

I'm not gonna liw when I say I have mixed feeling about it. I'm excited that a new Zelda game is coming out. But it honestly just looks like PH with trains (how many times has this been said already). Nonetheless, i'm still going to buy it and attempt to enjoy Zelda.

Too many times.
      :sparta: I'll take your Leonidas and raise you a link!:mastahsword:
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      pic by DatonR6

Join the Ninja Koops of ZU today!

Visit the Laundry Pool today!
      thelaundrypool.forumotion.com/forum.htm
    • Doesn't this argument pretty much apply to every Nintendo game shown at E3, with the exception of Other M?

I mean, New Super Mario Bros. Wii has new suits, Yoshi, and the Koopa Kids, but the new suits are mostly rehashes of suits in other games (penguin = ice Mario) or on-demand versions of current powers (propeller suit), Yoshi is nothing new, and Koopa Kids are obviously a half-assed effort to cash in on SMB3 and SMW (like TP was an effort to cash in on OoT). And that's just one of the "new" games.

That's not to say I won't like these games, just that they're being developed in much the same way.
    • Nothing about Spirit Tracks interests me. It's just Phantom Hourglass with a new coat of paint and a train, Nintendo isn't getting my money.
      "I sink Zeruda gettu stale so i maeku windu waika

you dont rike windu waika you say itu fo babies so i forrow OOT and den i maeku twiraito purincess

Oooo but NOOO NOW YOU HAETO TWAIRAITO PURINCESS YOU WANT WINDU WAIKA

YOU DONTU KNOW WHATTU YOU WANT DATS WAI I MAEKU WII SPORTS. AT REEST DEH KIDS AND MOMS WIRR ALWAYS RIKE IT."

-Shigeru Miyamoto
      [SIZE="5"]Everyone should click this goddamn[/SIZE]
    • I was about to post that I agree with OP (which I still do), but I'm also realizing that this is just a bizarre setting for a Zelda game. I imagined what playing through this world would feel like, with Link looking odd in his engineer uniform, conducting a train... The fact that it's out of place doesn't seem like such a bad thing, now that I think about it. I'm not sure I would've preferred another run-of-the-mill Zelda setting anymore. At the very least, I hope the dungeons aren't as dumbed down as they were in PH.

The post was edited 1 time, last by mellowlyricist ().

• I'm going to withhold final pre-release judgement until we see more than just a demo of the train/dungeon/boss and a couple trailers, but my main concern is if you can get out of the train and walk from time to time or not.
      [SIZE="1"]Finished: LoZ, ALTTP, OoT, MM, WW, TP, PH, ST, SS, ALBW[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"]Now Playing: SimCity, Mario Kart 7[/SIZE]

The post was edited 1 time, last by ArmosNights ().

• I'm not getting it unless it is praised to hell and back by reviewers. Why would anybody even WANT to play it? Train aside, it's just PH without the ocean. Same engine, same graphics, same sound effects, and the same bosses. Not even the story is enough to make me want it. I'll just read the summary of it when its released.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The post was edited 1 time, last by Seen ().

• Seen wrote:

I'm not getting it unless it is praised to hell and back by reviewers. Why would anybody even WANT to play it? Train aside, it's just PH without the ocean. Same engine, same graphics, same sound effects, and the same bosses. Not even the story is enough to make me want it. I'll just read the summary of it when its released.

Why would anybody even WANT to play it? Because it's a Zelda game, good enough for me considering the series track record so far.

Just PH without the ocean? Well since the ocean was about 90% of the world in PH I consider that a pretty big change.

Same engine; correct, but it doesn't mean they can make improvements to the presentation just as MM did with OoT's engine.

Same sound effects; have pretty much been used in every game since Alttp and OoT(Link's "voice").

Same bosses; have we even seen more than one or two of them yet?
      "I thought I had another fairy" (from VG Cats comics)
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • LostLantern wrote:

Why would anybody even WANT to play it? Because it's a Zelda game, good enough for me considering the series track record so far.

True enough, true enough.

Just PH without the ocean? Well since the ocean was about 90% of the world in PH I consider that a pretty big change.

It's just replaced with a field. That's it.

Same engine; correct, but it doesn't mean they can make improvements to the presentation just as MM did with OoT's engine.

Yeah, but WHERE is that improvement to the presentation in ST? It looks the exact same as PH.

Same sound effects; have pretty much been used in every game since Alttp and OoT(Link's "voice").

You do know that WW Link and OOT child Link have different voice actors? They could also have just have the actor redo the grunts differently like they did in MM.

Same bosses; have we even seen more than one or two of them yet?

According to what people are saying, it works the exact same way as the boss from PH. Nothing different. At all. Other bosses in Zelda I can remember have at least ONE big difference.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The post was edited 1 time, last by Seen ().

• In about a year's time, I reckon about 98% of the people *****ing about this game now will deem it the best Zelda game so far.

Shut up and stop critisising the game just because it's got trains in it. While I agree Nintendo are rapidly going downhill with all the new stupid wiifit stuff, I appreciate any little bit of Zelda we can get from them, regardless of whether it's not up to the standards of OoT. It's difficult for them to live up to OoT's standards, and I honestly like the fact that while I'm waiting for the 2011 big Zelda, I've got ST's to warm me up and keep me entertained on the bus to school.