Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    Majora's Mask: hidden conversations, events and other secrets.
    • Olympion wrote:

Beating the Deku Butler

I've been able to keep up with the Deku Butler using the bunny hood, but beating him? For that you need Goron Link.

This video shows how the Deku Race can be won, though it's tool assisted and the guy needlessly uses an infinite magic cheat (chateau romani anyone?). Anyway, it looks awesome:

That's awesome; utterly awesome.

Fintin O Brien wrote:

Arcvalons wrote:

Vaati is the oldest villain in the Zelda chronology, and the oldest are always the most powerful.

Man, I've disproved this point every time I've dropped by the old folk's home.

I... I'm not allowed there any more.
    • Olympion wrote:

Beating the Deku Butler

I've been able to keep up with the Deku Butler using the bunny hood, but beating him? For that you need Goron Link.

This video shows how the Deku Race can be won, though it's tool assisted and the guy needlessly uses an infinite magic cheat (chateau romani anyone?). Anyway, it looks awesome:

Even with Chateau Romani I still wouldn't be able to do that. That is great.
      [SIZE="2"][COLOR="purple"]Majora's Mask>Every other Zelda[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    • Olympion wrote:

Beating the Deku Butler

That is so awesome.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]
      [SIZE="7"][SIZE="6"] [COLOR="Navy"]A[/COLOR][COLOR="DarkGreen"]B[/COLOR][COLOR="indigo"]S[/COLOR][COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]O[/COLOR][COLOR="SlateGray"]L[/COLOR][COLOR="Lime"]U[/COLOR][COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]T[/COLOR][COLOR="Yellow"]E[/COLOR][COLOR="Red"]L[/COLOR][COLOR="Magenta"]Y[/COLOR]
      [COLOR="Red"]F[/COLOR][COLOR="Yellow"]A[/COLOR][COLOR="Blue"]B[/COLOR][COLOR="Lime"]U[/COLOR][COLOR="Cyan"]L[/COLOR][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]O[/COLOR][COLOR="Blue"]U[/COLOR][COLOR="Navy"]S[/COLOR][COLOR="LemonChiffon"]![/COLOR]
      [/SIZE][/SIZE]
      :ghirahim:
      [/FONT]
    • I am unsure if this has been mentioned previously in this thread, yet it is something I have only picked up upon during a recent playthrough of Majora's Mask. I decided that it would be worthwhile tracking one character for a full cycle - I chose Gorman. The first thing that I noticed is that he spends three hours waiting in the reception area of the Stock Pot Inn on the first day (6-9am). Afterwards he goes to the Mayor's residence, meets with Madame Aroma, and finds out that his troupe's performance at the Carnival of Time has been cancelled - he spends the rest of the night, through until 5am, stewing about this in the bar.

The next day, he can be found sleeping in his room at the Stock Pot Inn. When you speak to him, this is what he says, in his sleep;
      Umm, Anj.. We'll be leaving right away... Mumble, mumble....

Anj? Obviously he means Anju. Then his behavior earlier, on the first day, made more sense. He had spent his entire morning (3 hours) before the meeting with Madame Aroma standing in the reception area of the Stock Pot Inn while Anju had been at the desk. Without speculating too much, perhaps Anju and Gorman have a history?

The same thing happened, beggining at 6pm on the evening of the second day. Again, Anju at the desk, Gorman standing at the seat. So far, Gorman has only been there while Anju has been at the desk. He waits there until Anju goes to bed. The moment she does, he leaves for the bar.
    • Olympion wrote:

Beating the Deku Butler

This is awesome!!!O_O:3nod
      [COLOR="SeaGreen"]Zelda[/COLOR] [COLOR="Red"]phoenix[/COLOR] the [COLOR="Blue"]Heroine of time [/COLOR]:mastahsword:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      Visit me at Zeldapedia and Zelda fanon!!:P
      And on deviant art!!!
    • If you walk into the Zora band's members' rooms, you'll hear that they're all (at least I think) playing some old Zelda tune from other games. (Like ballad of the wind fish, A Link to the past cave theme, etc.)

Just a question that I've been thinking about lately, where was the old woman with the bomb bag coming from? (The one who enters the town at 12 on the first night)
    • Hyperactivity wrote:

I am unsure if this has been mentioned previously in this thread, yet it is something I have only picked up upon during a recent playthrough of Majora's Mask. I decided that it would be worthwhile tracking one character for a full cycle - I chose Gorman. The first thing that I noticed is that he spends three hours waiting in the reception area of the Stock Pot Inn on the first day (6-9am). Afterwards he goes to the Mayor's residence, meets with Madame Aroma, and finds out that his troupe's performance at the Carnival of Time has been cancelled - he spends the rest of the night, through until 5am, stewing about this in the bar.

The next day, he can be found sleeping in his room at the Stock Pot Inn. When you speak to him, this is what he says, in his sleep;

Anj? Obviously he means Anju. Then his behavior earlier, on the first day, made more sense. He had spent his entire morning (3 hours) before the meeting with Madame Aroma standing in the reception area of the Stock Pot Inn while Anju had been at the desk. Without speculating too much, perhaps Anju and Gorman have a history?

The same thing happened, beggining at 6pm on the evening of the second day. Again, Anju at the desk, Gorman standing at the seat. So far, Gorman has only been there while Anju has been at the desk. He waits there until Anju goes to bed. The moment she does, he leaves for the bar.

That is an awesome discovery, Ive never clocked on to that before! I really need to replay this game.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      Thanks to DaltonR6 for this sick sig!
      much respect!
    • twilightnutjrk1 wrote:

if you kill sakon does he revive for the 3rd day kafei quest?

No I don't think so besides even if he does revive you can't complete Kafei's quest because you need sakon to appear at the curiosity shop on the 3rd day, he only does this when you let him get away with the bombs .(hence why he goes to the Curiosity shop.... so he can sell the bombs :DD)
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
      Thanks to DaltonR6 for this sick sig!
      much respect!
    • Oh wow, didn't realize I could post my findings here

I'll start off with a musical easter egg.
      Did you know that there are two versions of the shop theme in this game? There's one that plays in the mountain village blacksmith shop which is the name one used in Oot. However, in most of the shops in Termina, a different sounding version plays. Whenever you walk around, it's as if the song is playing from a speaker because it fades. It also starts halfway into the song when you walk in. I actually recorded this alternate version but I don't know if it's legal to post it here. I could always upload it onto my youtube because they don't seem to have a problem with video game music being uploaded.

Here's a gallery I compiled a while ago when I was looking at every nook and cranny in my favorite Zelda game/and favorite video game ever. I don't call it my favorite for nothing. Most of these are of hidden technologies that are in Termina but most people overlook. Some are surprisingly obvious and some were deeply hidden.

img193.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=zeldamajorasmask234.png
      1. Picture number 1 - an obvious find. In the Treasure chest game, on the ceiling are really bright electric-like lights.
      2. A clear glass window in Mayor Dotour's house.
      3. A photo of Anju in Kafei's room.
      4. A clock that looks kind of out of place in Zelda. Looks like it was taken right out of a Pokemon game.
      5. Oh this one was freggin tough to find. I saw it from a distance, staring over the counter at the Bomb Shop. I decided to see what it really was so I floated into the back. Surprisingly the floor was solid. And to my surprise, I discovered what looks like modern plumbing, although the sink looks kind of crude.
      6. Both at night and at day, if you levitate up using cheats, you can see lit windows.
      7 and 8 - in Latte/Milk Bar, they had modern ceiling fans and pretty bright lights for the stage.

And my favorite one. A simple but blatant, modern light bulb

*actually, I think I remember posting an animated gif about this stuff once but it was in my signature*

Oh yeah and its not MM but in Windfall town's Bomb Shop, there's a noisy ceiling fan and in the Hyrule shooting gallery, there is what looks sort of like a mounted gun.

So I guess Nintendo has secretly been placing these things gradually in.

Ilari!!!!
      The Rito get their wings because Valoo imports Red Bull.
    • Crystal Clair, those are some really nice discoveries there :mastahsword:. I had previously read that Termina was more technologically advanced than Hyrule, but I didn't know there were quite so many examples of it in the game.

I also missed that Anju photo, despite having visited Kafei's room several times, very nice. If you don't use a walkthrough, the whole pre-Anju/Kafei sidequest investigation could be a fun little adventure in itself, as you find clues like this and talk to different character wearing Kafei's Mask, getting various bits of information along the way.
    • ShockT wrote:

After you get the Moon's Tear, and give it to the Deku Scrub who owns the flower that you launch out of (don't know what they're called), he gives you the Land Title Deed. If you never knew what to do with it, give it to the hand in the Stock Pot toilet, and he'll use it for toilet paper.

Eww!!!

True, but then he gives you a heart piece.
      Din FTW :3nod

Loyal Zelda fan. The triforce be with you!:DD

Best Zelda theme EVER.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    • Crystal Clair wrote:

Oh yeah and its not MM but in Windfall town's Bomb Shop, there's a noisy ceiling fan and in the Hyrule shooting gallery, there is what looks sort of like a mounted gun.

So I guess Nintendo has secretly been placing these things gradually in.
      It's not extraordinary in TWW considering it takes place hundreds of years after OoT's event. If we see Termina in the same amount of years later, we'd see more of the stuff.
    • Fågelholken wrote:

Exactly, where could she be travelling from? That's what I'm wondering.
      My best guess is from the mountains, considering she is carrying supplies for the bomb shop, and enters through the North Gate. I suppose some parts of the three day cycle are inperfect, for example Gorman moves from the bar to the Stock Pot Inn immediately on the dawn of the second day.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Hyperactivity ().