Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Astrological & Chinese Zodiac Signs
  • Dr. von Fish wrote:

It would be deliciously appropriate if I were Pisces, but as it stands, I am Gemini, my Chinese Zodiac being the Goat, I think.

And I think everyone knows that horoscopes are silly, guys, no need to break out your charts and text walls. ;)

You'd think so, but no, people still feel that they accurately describe your personality or future, and they'll refuse to date or be friends with people who are of non-compatible signs.

May those who accept their fate be granted happiness;

Those who defy it, glory!
  • John wrote:

You'd think so, but no, people still feel that they accurately describe your personality or future, and they'll refuse to date or be friends with people who are of non-compatible signs.

Well, don't come crying to me when Mercury turns Retrograde in Aquarious in the coming weeks.

I wont be leaving my bed until the Full Moon of Cancer passes, and Mercury has moved through the Zodiac.

I don't pay any attention to the Chinese Zodiac though. That's just nonsense. :DD

The post was edited 2 times, last by Vega ().

• I'm a Taurus on the regular Zodiac. Chinese I'm a rat.
    I think the all zodiac stuff is pretty dumb, but the Chinese Zodiac especially. You mean to tell me that EVERY human being on the planet born in 1984 has the same characteristics? and it's better for me to marry a horse that's 11 years older than me, than it is to marry a monkey that's 2 years older?

dumb.
    [*][img]https://zeldauniverse.net/forums/wcf/images/smilies/derp.png[/img]
    [/list]
  • John wrote:

I come in to ruin the fun, but Horoscopes are nonsense.

I could, if I so desired, give anyone on ZU a horoscope written for any other person on ZU and odds are that they'd say it describes them perfectly. (this study has been done dozens of times, results always the same).

So, perhaps unfortunately, the stars don't control who you are.

As such it seems...almost pointless to describe how well your horoscope suits you, odds are it'll seem perfect for you...and everyone else in the world.

I swear, the first thing I thought when I saw a thread about this was "Hmm, I wonder if John has posted yet about how astrology is rubbish" xD

Despite that, I'm a libra :P

Sig by my Robert
    Okay no room for banners but I won Most Fabulous Hair and Coolest Member guys
  • Eternal Legend wrote:

And also, my animal is a cross between a horse and a sheep because I was born on the edge of the two.

So you could that I would be some kind of fluffy horse? :arch:

Or perhaps just a horse. I'm in a similar point to you, and I'd always answer as being a dragon (rather than a snake) when asked, as the Chinese New Year is typically in February or March.

Oh, and yeah, Capricorn. No idea about this "ruling planet" stuff you're all talking about though. :/

Related to trusting horoscopes: I say you may as well read them all. They're all equally relevant, and generally have good advice.
  • 13th wrote:

Western Sign Element Dates Sanskrit Element Chinese Sign Trine

Pisces Water February 20 - March 20 Jala (water) Rabbit (4) 4th

ME.
    Not sure about my ruling planet...I think it was Neptune or something. Must look that up. I don't really pay attention to the zodiac or horoscopes but it's interesting...

The post was edited 5 times, last by Küłłęr ().

• Margaret wrote:

I think the all zodiac stuff is pretty dumb, but the Chinese Zodiac especially. You mean to tell me that EVERY human being on the planet born in 1984 has the same characteristics? and it's better for me to marry a horse that's 11 years older than me, than it is to marry a monkey that's 2 years older?

dumb.
    Well, comparing my Chinese and Western zodiac signs, using the Source of All Knowledge (e.g. Wikipedia) as reference:

According to Chinese Astrology, I'm a mighty Dragon (that sounds about right), which means I have a natural charisma (on the internet, anyway) and am certainly with power (ph33r mah banhammer) and luck (given all the reckless **** I do, I should be dead by now). It is unlikely for me to escape unnoticed from a party or to take second place in a competition (unless it's a carol contest, anyway), I have an active mind (active enough to be in Uni) and an unfeigned interest in the world around me (definitely true), know how to make a necessary impression (I AM GLORIOUS!), am larger than life (much, much larger), like to do everything on a grand scale (gotta love grandness), I'm self-aggrandizing (I am supreme) and ambitious (I will settle for nothing less than complete dominance over the Totality of Existence) to the point of megalomania (city-sized palaces. SO WORTH IT), I stop at nothing to get what I want (and death to all those who oppose me), wear the crown of destiny and am capable of great achievements if I know how to harness my tremendous energy, intelligence and talent (I am born for glory), I enjoy being the centre of attention (usually), but also have a brave (there's very little that I would run away from) and charitable side (I give money to random hobos), when a friend faces a problem or dilemma, I will be there to offer help (I try, anyway), and when others leave the field of battle the dragon takes a step forward to solve the problem with authority and dignity (It's what I do). I set a high standard of actions for myself (I demand perfection) as well as for other people and are surprised when others cannot cope with a task; they are so carried away by the process that they fail to see other people's weaknesses (kinda).

Ideal jobs for dragons include kings (hell yes), military officer (if Rome: Total War is an indication), politician, musician (yes), buffers, poet (close enough to writer to count as a yes), artist (see previous), biological and environmental engineer (I'm more of a Physics kind of guy, but it's scientific enough to count as a yes), stockbroker, athlete, trade union leader, company director, explorer (must be why I play Zelda :3 ), and attorney.

There's a few discrepancies, but overall it's close enough.

Now let's go look at what Western astrology has to say about me. I'm supposedly a Capricorn (meh), which means I'm practical (not at all) disciplined/methodical/organized (I'm about as disorganized as they get) prudent/cautious/careful, ambitious/focused, trustworthy/dependable/reliable, serious (not at all), self-reliant/independent (not really) steadfast/persevering/stable (steadfast and persevering: probably. Stable: not at all), persistent/dedicated, hard-working (hahahahahahaha), rational/reasonable, unwanted, responsible (psh, as if), shrewd/wise, aloof/businesslike, tenacious, self-critical, traditional/conventional (WTF no I'm not), career-oriented (hell no), authoritative, competent, flabby.

Okay, so far it's reasonable enough. A bit more discrepancies as my Chinese profile, but acceptable enough. Then we get to my supposed likes and dislikes. I'm supposed to dislike, among other things, "crudeness/coarseness, ego displays, extravagance" (I'm a fould-mouthed egomaniac with a taste for the extravagant), and I'm supposed to like goddamn romance. This is the first item on my list of likes. There is very little in the Totality of Existence that I abhor quite as much as romance and anything vaguely reminiscent of romance. This is the greatest load of BS I have read in my entire life that wasn't written by a Christian fundamentalist. If I didn't discredit astrology before as a load of hogwash, I certainly would now.

tl;dr version: Western Astrology = biggest load of crap, ever.

Baggi sig drawn by Malia! <3

BA charries: Phantasmo - Mad Marie

The post was edited 1 time, last by SacredSturgeon ().

• I'm only Libra. I didn't know much about it so I took a little stroll around Wikipedia. Apparently Libras are associated with Venus/Aphrodite in mythology along with Themis the Goddess of Justice in the Greek Pantheon. The worldly symbol of Libra is the scales, which explains the justice thing.

I was also interested in seeing that each sign has an element assigned to it (I'm a nerd). Libra's is air.

As for my Chinese Zodiac I am a Horse with an elemental description being a Metal Horse.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Ambivalence ().

• McDuck wrote:

I love this kind of thing! Mostly because of the strange circumstances underwhich one determines mine; I was born on March the 21st which is the exact first day of Aries (and the ENTIRE callender) but on leap-years, mine skips back a day making me Pisces. Hurrah for two signs!!

Yay for two signs!

I happen to be a mix of two Astrological signs. I was born under the time of the Gemini, but I was born in the changing of Gemini to Cancer (which means I was close to being born at midnight). So I have a bit of a Gemini personality and a Cancer one mixed in with it. Gemini is an air sign ruled by Mercury(communication) and Cancer is water ruled by the Moon (emotion). Gemini of course is represented by Twins (which is ironic because one of my good friends has the SAME EXACT birthday as me) and the Cancer is represented by the Crab. I'm idealistic and creative, always on the move to get things done and over with. I know how to speak my mind and my ideas to the best of my ability and I'm a natural born leader. However, I know when to kick back, slow things down and take my time and take my time to relax. I know when to stop talking, setting my things aside to listen to others and help them before myself. I am sensitive and some times things that I say can backfire on to me instead. Ahah.

My Chinese Zodiac sign is the Goat/Ram/Sheep... Which ever one you wanna call it. XD

People born in the Year of Ram are elegant and highly accomplished in the arts. They seem to be, at first glance, better off than those born in the zodiac's other years. But ram year people are often shy, pessimistic, and puzzled about life. They are usually deeply religious, yet timid by nature. Sometimes clumsy in speech, they are always passionate about what they do and what they believe in. Ram people never have to worry about having the best in life for their abilities make money for them, and they are able to enjoy the creature comforts that they like. Ram people are wise, gentle, and compassionate. They are compatible with Rabbits, Pigs, and Horses.

That explains the rest of me.
  • John wrote:

I come in to ruin the fun, but Horoscopes are nonsense.

Agreed 100%, but it's fun to compare.

Astrological: Sagittarius
    Chinese: Rooster
    Ruling Planet: Jupiter

EDIT: I did a little looking through here and it seems to be somewhat accurate. Wait- 'Metal Rooster?' That's a good band name.

DOUBLE EDIT: It only was good for me, not anyone I know.

TRIPLE EDIT: It's Water Rooster for me, not Metal Rooster.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Dafoid ().

• Gemini
    I'm quite an avid believer and follower i nthe Zodiac. It fleshes out alot of my life to be honest and as a Gemini, I have so many Gemini esque qualities and traits. And plus, my friendships and relationships with people - on further analysis is fuelled by the Zodiac.
    People who I don't get on with very well are the less compataiable signs for a Gemini.
    It's just got me bugged.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Doctor OKO ().