Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    • E3
    E3 2019: Nintendo Direct
    • Yeah Pikmin 3 is one of the best looking Wii U games. I recall seeing gameplay for the first time and being pretty blown away.

Also agree that Luigi’s Mansion 3 is visually pretty bland. Whereas the first game was a visual marvel at the time for the game industry as a whole. I hope LM3 has gotten a bit of a visual upgrade after that first trailer.
    • I’m just hoping that the game has really good atmosphere.
      Obviously luigi’s mansion is fun, but What really got me was the charm and atmosphere of the first game. something about it was super appealing and interesting. A bit spooky and a little funky as well, with cool ghosts and rooms.
      Luigi’s mansion 3 does look interesting so far, but I really hope it has charm, as games with charm always do it for me
    • I'm expecting Dark Moon 2. At least judging by the visuals from what they showed. Would love to be proven wrong, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Even if it is more like Dark Moon, I did enjoy that game, so it would still interest me. It's just that the original had a better atmosphere and more charm than Dark Moon and I'd prefer 3 to be more like the original.

Check out my graphic design thread and get a banner for your thread today! Tru's Banner Workshop
    • I am hoping and praying that new features will be announced for Link's Awakening. Which is possible considering every Nintendo IP remake to date had new features of some kind. Especially true remakes like OoT3D, MM3D, and Samus Returns. Also, speaking of Metroid, Nintendo needs to finally give us Metroid Dread. May not happen, but that's one of my big hopes. Same with Metroid Prime Trilogy HD and of course some kind of small tease of Zelda Switch. Again, may not happen, but a fan can only hope and dream!

And finally, for Mario. The poltergust in Luigi's Mansion needs to be called the Poltergust 7000, otherwise I'll be sad. And they need to announce Super Mario Land (GB) style for Super Mario Maker 2. I grew up with Super Mario Land and it was my very first Mario game that I played. I was sad that it never made it in the first Mario Maker, so I'll be even more sad if doesn't make it in Mario Maker 2.

Anyways, I have nothing to say for Pokemon right now considering the only thing that hope for is that Sword and Shield is better than Let's Go. Which considering that wild battles are back, so far, everything looks good, but then again, you never know with motion controls.
      My Current Zelda Timeline Belief (Not Final):
      --------------------------/>WW|PH>ST
      SS>CoH(P)>MC>FS>OoT|MM>TP>FSA>HW>BotW|BotW2
      -------\------------------\>ALttP|OoX|LA>ALBW>TFH>TLoZ|TAoL
      ---------\------------>CoH(F)
    • With Pokemon being released in November and the leak of the Link's Awakening remake release date, I'm getting this sinking feeling about Animal Crossing now. Nintendo just doesn't pack a half of a year with so many big hitters. Luigi's Mansion 3 will likely also have to fit somewhere into the last half of the year, too.

I really hope I'm wrong. The last half of the year could certainly use a bunch of big titles considering how lackluster the year has been up until now.
    • Honestly I'm thinking it's delayed...which is stupid and asinine because:

A) It's been 11 years since the last console Animal Crossing game and six years since the last mainline game period.

B) It's not like Animal Crossing is resource heavy or hard to make, it's Animal Crossing.

Frankly I think it's gonna be a "spring" 2020 title that gets pushed to the end of May, and it was probably only delayed so they could have something to release in the first half of next year.
    • Wouldn't surprise me if Pokemon Sword/Shield will end up as the best sold Switch games of them all. The underwhelming and gimmicky Let's Go P/E got to 10 million copies in pretty much no time.

And Luigi's Mansion can't be considered a huge franchise can it? Sure Dark Moon got over 5 million sold on the 3DS, but considering how many 3DS-consoles that are out there... 5 million aren't THAT impressing. Good numbers sure, but nothing extraordinary.

Animal Crossing though is more popular for some reason, where both the DS- and 3DS-game was close to reach 12 millions. And honestly, Pokemon, Luigi's Mansion and Animal Crossing are different kind of games so I don't think there are any issues for them to be somewhat close to eachother. And Link's Awakening is a remake of a retro game. But since we haven't seen ANYTHING from Animal Crossing, it wouldn't surprise me if it is a 2020-title.

The post was edited 1 time, last by MVS ().

• Envy wrote:

With Pokemon being released in November and the leak of the Link's Awakening remake release date, I'm getting this sinking feeling about Animal Crossing now. Nintendo just doesn't pack a half of a year with so many big hitters. Luigi's Mansion 3 will likely also have to fit somewhere into the last half of the year, too.

I really hope I'm wrong. The last half of the year could certainly use a bunch of big titles considering how lackluster the year has been up until now.
      I actually firmly believe that Link's Awakening will release in September as it's a re-imagining like Samus Returns was for Return of Samus. They wouldn't release a re-imagining so late in a year, let alone a remake, or remaster. So this is how I see it:

Link's Awakening - September 21st or 26th 2019
      Luigi's Mansion 3 - October 2019 (not sure which day it would be)
      Pokemon S&S - November 15th 2019
      Animal Crossing - December 2019 (unless it gets delayed, which a lot of people have come to believe is the most likely case, but if it were to come this year, December would be when)

Anyways, so unless Link's Awakening is an even bigger re-imagining than Samus Returns was, with features and even a lot of new areas and dungeons that truly make the game feel new and fresh, and worth the 60 bucks, I don't see the game being a Holiday season release, again, unless it's really big. Holiday release slots usually go to brand new highly anticipated games. The reason why Let's Go was on November was because it was a big deal re-imagining of Pokemon Yellow (not to mention it was Pokemon, which always releases in November since X and Y). So if Link's Awakening is somehow on par with that, plus a lot of new stuff to do and new features to make the game feel brand new, then yes, it might get a December release. I'm feeling more of a Samus Returns situation here with that title, where it's a small neat re-imagining title with some new stuff just to hold fans over for the new big game.
      My Current Zelda Timeline Belief (Not Final):
      --------------------------/>WW|PH>ST
      SS>CoH(P)>MC>FS>OoT|MM>TP>FSA>HW>BotW|BotW2
      -------\------------------\>ALttP|OoX|LA>ALBW>TFH>TLoZ|TAoL
      ---------\------------>CoH(F)
    • There has been a rumor about Reggie making 1 last announcement of Mother 3., but I think its more wishful thinking.

But screw it.

The Nintendo Direct is going to end with Reggie at home enjoying his retirement playing his Switch. He'll ask "what are you doing here, I'm retired" He'll switch to TV mode to reveal he's playing Mother 3...

In my dreams. My body is ready.
    • Mango The Magician wrote:

Honestly I'm thinking it's delayed...which is stupid and asinine because:

A) It's been 11 years since the last console Animal Crossing game and six years since the last mainline game period.

B) It's not like Animal Crossing is resource heavy or hard to make, it's Animal Crossing.

Frankly I think it's gonna be a "spring" 2020 title that gets pushed to the end of May, and it was probably only delayed so they could have something to release in the first half of next year.
      The path to the release of New Leaf was so annoying. OMG. Of course, in the end, New Leaf turned out to be really good, so I've forgiven that all. However, I don't feel like this is the same. They first revealed what would become New Leaf less than two years after the release of City Folk. They revealed Animal Crossing Switch six years after the release of New Leaf.

I will never forget how excited I was for New Leaf, but every Direct/E3 passed and still no release date. Meanwhile, other 3DS games were getting both announced and released in that time. It was a bit frustrating.

There's no need for this runaround this time. Please don't do that again, Nintendo.
    • Envy wrote:

Mango The Magician wrote:

Honestly I'm thinking it's delayed...which is stupid and asinine because:

The path to the release of New Leaf was so annoying. OMG. Of course, in the end, New Leaf turned out to be really good, so I've forgiven that all. However, I don't feel like this is the same. They first revealed what would become New Leaf less than two years after the release of City Folk. They revealed Animal Crossing Switch six years after the release of New Leaf.
      I will never forget how excited I was for New Leaf, but every Direct/E3 passed and still no release date. Meanwhile, other 3DS games were getting both announced and released in that time. It was a bit frustrating.

There's no need for this runaround this time. Please don't do that again, Nintendo.
      I don't remember the lead up to New Leaf, I just know that it's ridiculous that Animal Crossing has skipped an entire generation basically, and to finally reveal it only for it to be delayed is gonna suck big time if it happens.
    • I'm honestly hoping for a Pikmin trilogy and/or Pikmin 4. I haven't played Pikmin 3, but I loved the first and especially the second game to death and Pikmin 3 seems to be a step up compared to its predecessors in terms of world design. Pikmin was my very first video game, so make it happen Nintendo.

And hopefully they show us whatever Monolith Soft has been working on because XC2 was absolutely amazing.