Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    Hello. Long time Zelda fan finally joining the group
    • Hello. I'm Bryon. I haven't played many Zelda games in the last several years, (last one probably being Links awakening) but I am a fan none the less. I just haven't really been to much of a gamer as I'm growing older and now have to pay bills and such.
      I have been doing a lot of Zelda based research as of late for work on my Zelda based comic I am writing and seeing if the story that's been in my head is still even possible given the lore of the games I haven't played. Fortunately yes it does so I am glad my comic is still a go and have been working on writing the story out for the last 8 months or so. Yes its a big project.
      Anyway I'm rambling and just wanted to say Hi and join the group as part of my comic research and possibly bounce an idea out every now and then for it.
    • Welcome to ZU! I am Tru, nice to meet you! I hope you enjoy your time here and stick around! If you need help with anything feel free to ask. We're always happy to help. Oh and check out our creative corner if you ever want to share that comic you mentioned. You can also bounce ideas around with people here: The Creators' Retreat: Please Take Off Your Shoes

Check out our newbie chat as well if you'd like to get to know the rest of the community. I'm sure they'd all like to meet you. Newbie Chit Chat's Pawful Palace: Jigglypuff Edition

Check out my graphic design thread and get a banner for your thread today! Tru's Banner Workshop
    • Thank you for the welcomes and yes I may post some of my comic. I will say almost nothing is drawn but a few character concepts because I find that as I write i end up tweaking details that sometimes would have effected previous chapters. So instead of drawing then possibly redrawing later I am currently doing the Story boarding or image script...I'm not fully sure what to describe it as.

Example below.

Picture 39
      Shows Link with all his gear and pulling the door closed by the handle while holding the Guardian Sword by his pinky and thumb as if it weighs nothing

Picture 40
      Shows Link walking past the innkeeper. the innkeeper is looking to Link worried. Link is half turned to face him as he keeps walking past
      Innkeeper - “Is there a problem sir?”
      Link - “Nothing you need to worry about, Just taking care of a monster problem for you guys”

Picture 41
      Shows the Innkeeper with a raised eyebrow looking to Link now stepping out the door.
      Innkeeper - “Monster problem?”

But because I am writing this as an adult I have been making it so the world is more complex than smashing pots to get money. so there is some violence, some nudity such as Young Link being given a bath or the queen is feeding baby Zelda and such. (well descriptions of since nothing is drawn yet). Im fairly sure I can post the first few chapters as it simply sets up the world and brings Link into the world.
    • Well I just posted the first 3 chapters in the creative corner. (again no drawings). I was hesitant to do so since so far all I have ever seen is people not liking my idea for the simple fact Link will speak and therefore means he will have a personality I have imposed on him. And honestly i know everyone likes Link to be a mute blank character so they can imagine him however they want. Well thats what I'm doing to. Its just im putting it out for others to see.

the Story is super complex and will likely take another year plus to even finish getting it out of my head before i start drawing it. I thought it would be a 300 chapter or so thing but so far im like 350 chapters in and Link is only 6 years old at this point. And the story ends with him being 19 ish. So yea, for a first comic project...i bit off way more than I expected.
    • I mean the official Zelda manga has Link talking and I've never heard anyone complain about that. I don't mind him talking in the manga either cause him being silent would just be kinda odd. Don't really see why they'd care about it in your comic. I usually only hear people complain about Link talking in the games and maybe the cartoon from the 80's. I wouldn't worry about what those people think. Listening to criticism is good, but if you want to write a story a certain way you should do what you want.

Check out my graphic design thread and get a banner for your thread today! Tru's Banner Workshop
    • Hey there! Welcome to ZU! Your comic sounds interesting, I'll check it out later when I have a little more time, as I'm about to go to work now. Personally I actually like the idea of Link being able to talk, and I'd quite like to see it in a game, although I doubt Nintendo would ever do that. One of the things I like about Skyward Sword is how expressive he is in that game.
    • livebyhonor wrote:

Hello. I'm Bryon. I haven't played many Zelda games in the last several years, (last one probably being Links awakening) but I am a fan none the less. I just haven't really been to much of a gamer as I'm growing older and now have to pay bills and such.
      I have been doing a lot of Zelda based research as of late for work on my Zelda based comic I am writing and seeing if the story that's been in my head is still even possible given the lore of the games I haven't played. Fortunately yes it does so I am glad my comic is still a go and have been working on writing the story out for the last 8 months or so. Yes its a big project.
      Anyway I'm rambling and just wanted to say Hi and join the group as part of my comic research and possibly bounce an idea out every now and then for it.
      Welcome to ZU. If you ever have any Zelda related questions or just want to talk about Zelda, fell free to ask me.