Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Mafia Reservoir Cats - Day 4:You're acting like a first year f*cking thief, I'm acting like a professional!
  • ZU Mafia - Reservoir Cats


    Rules:
    • No quoting your Role PMs
    • No fake tags
    • No In-Game Talk in the Hub Thread
    • Do not use the Anon Accounts for anything else except for the HUB and Main Thread
    • ZU rules apply ofc
    • BOLD YOUR TAGS if you are able to!!!!!
    • Don't Edit your posts, simply double post. (Grammar is alright)
    • If you are unable to continue playing, please make an attempt to notify the OP asap if you are able to


    Players:
    1. Mr.Pink
    2. Mr.Blonde
    3. Mr.Red - Mafia Roleblocker
    4. Mr.Tan - The One Shot Poisoner / One Shot Janitor
    5. Mr.Yellow
    6. Mr.Blue - The Deputy
    7. Mr.Purple
    8. Mr.Ginger - A Vanilla Townie
    9. Mr.Orange
    10. Mr.Brown


    Confirmed Roles: (These are the ONLY confirmed roles I will tell you)
    Display Spoiler


    • Cop
    • Doctor
    • Godfather
    • Roleblocker
    • Vanilla
    Possible Roles: *Only one of the players has two of these roles combined with limited shot ability*
    Display Spoiler


    • Role-Cop
    • Vigilante
    • Mason
    • Deputy
    • Serial Killer
    • Watcher
    • Traitor
    • Nurse
    • Tracker
    • Ninja
    • Janitor
    • Bodyguard
    • Survivor
    • Poisoner
    Possible Modifiers:
    Display Spoiler

    • Bulletproof
    • Macho
    • X-Shot
    How to call a number? (To get items)
    Display Spoiler



    • Reply to your ROLE PM with the tag and number. [call] XXX - XXX - XXXX [/call] . You may choose only one number per day. If you choose the right number from the list, you get a surprise item. You can't change which number you call or send me. Don't actually call these random numbers. THIS IS COMPLETELY OPTIONAL IF YOU WANT AN ITEM. Only one item will be given every day. I'll reply to let you know if you won or not. You begin calling when I post the numbers.





    Event 1: Day 1 Phone Numbers Released - Call now!
    Event 2: Mr.Blonde Gets Replaced By Another User
    Event 3: Mr.Yellow Gets Replace By Another User
    Event 4: GM Allows for Users to Call a Second Number
    Event 5: Day 1 Ends and Mr.Red Dies
    Event 6: Day 2 Begins with No Deaths and Numbers are Published (Tons of Site Lag)
    Event 7: End of Day 2 and Mr.Tan Dies
    Event 8: Day 3 Begins and Mr.Ginger and Mr.Blue DieEvent 8: Day 3 Begins and Mr.Ginger and Mr.Blue Die
    Event 9: Day 3 Numbers are Released
    Event 10: GM Releases the 3 Possible Items that were Awarded
    Event 11: Day 3 Results
    [Error 404 - No Signature Here You Big Dummy]

    The post was edited 12 times, last by Aquamentus ().

  • Hi all, checking in.

    I’m no expert at this but generally the thing to do on Day 1 is to make a claim that you intend to stick by for the duration of the game. So I’m going to go ahead and do that, and I’d like everyone to follow suit:

    I will never vote to lynch someone without providing my reasoning.

    Aqua has kindly provided us with information regarding the confirmed and possible roles in the game. It’s worth nothing that in the Mafia Plaza he originally stated that the vig would be a confirmed role, so it moving to the “possible roles” list may be a byproduct of reworking the game. Given the small amount of players, it’s very likely that the vig was cut first in order to prolong the game, or just given an x-shot ability to compensate.

    I will be out from 10pm to 3am EST, and will probably check in again when I get home. Also a final note to any newbies (not sure if we have any this game), please don’t roleclaim unnecessarily. It only helps the Mafia and it makes you look hella sus.
  • Hello everyone.

    Just to be sure, I won’t be around for a good chunk of the hours following SOD (Start of Day) after the first few, due to the fact that this takes place at night for me. I will try to be as active as humanly possible, though.

    @Mr.Orange [cats]

    I will always provide reasoning for my votes and will act of my own personal feelings. I also won’t be a part of any voting blocks.
    Laughing at the Mafia from my grave for eternity. ~
  • I'm not the most experienced person either, but I can at least say that you gotta get the ball rolling by voting for someone. As the person who is voting first, I have nothing to go off of, but I think no one voting for however many hours just isn't very conducive for debating. Since this is an anon game, we have no idea who is who, so I'm just going vote for a color that I like.

    [vote]Mr.Purple[/vote]

    So, this is usual standard Mafia fare, but since this is anon, I have no idea if this is your first game or not. If, for whatever reason, you say this is your first game, I would still possibly leave my vote on you based on your performance as a Mafia player, but if you perform well, then I will vote for someone for deserving of getting lynched on the first day. The first day of this game should strictly rely on everyone's performance. I understand if people have lives, but luckily this is a smaller game, so it should be easier to follow, with less pages to go through and catch up on. I expect everyone to put on their glasses if they need it, and follow the game. If not, then what are you doing here?

    Under no circumstances should we reveal our roles on D1.
  • Mr.Tan [cats] wrote:

    I'm not the most experienced person either, but I can at least say that you gotta get the ball rolling by voting for someone. As the person who is voting first, I have nothing to go off of, but I think no one voting for however many hours just isn't very conducive for debating. Since this is an anon game, we have no idea who is who, so I'm just going vote for a color that I like.

    [vote]Mr.Purple[/vote]

    So, this is usual standard Mafia fare, but since this is anon, I have no idea if this is your first game or not. If, for whatever reason, you say this is your first game, I would still possibly leave my vote on you based on your performance as a Mafia player, but if you perform well, then I will vote for someone for deserving of getting lynched on the first day. The first day of this game should strictly rely on everyone's performance. I understand if people have lives, but luckily this is a smaller game, so it should be easier to follow, with less pages to go through and catch up on. I expect everyone to put on their glasses if they need it, and follow the game. If not, then what are you doing here?

    Under no circumstances should we reveal our roles on D1.
    I have played a couple games before, though I guess I find it interesting you would vote for me if I was a newbie since I've always seen newbies be given a pass the first day. Also was there a question for me in there somewhere? I'm not sure what exactly you're asking me if so.

    Also for a statement, uhm I guess I'll say I'll vote for anyone who doesn't post anything of substance. Early days always seem to be full of spam with nothing actually being said or done.
  • Mr.Purple [cats] wrote:

    Mr.Tan [cats] wrote:

    I'm not the most experienced person either, but I can at least say that you gotta get the ball rolling by voting for someone. As the person who is voting first, I have nothing to go off of, but I think no one voting for however many hours just isn't very conducive for debating. Since this is an anon game, we have no idea who is who, so I'm just going vote for a color that I like.

    [vote]Mr.Purple[/vote]

    So, this is usual standard Mafia fare, but since this is anon, I have no idea if this is your first game or not. If, for whatever reason, you say this is your first game, I would still possibly leave my vote on you based on your performance as a Mafia player, but if you perform well, then I will vote for someone for deserving of getting lynched on the first day. The first day of this game should strictly rely on everyone's performance. I understand if people have lives, but luckily this is a smaller game, so it should be easier to follow, with less pages to go through and catch up on. I expect everyone to put on their glasses if they need it, and follow the game. If not, then what are you doing here?

    Under no circumstances should we reveal our roles on D1.
    I have played a couple games before, though I guess I find it interesting you would vote for me if I was a newbie since I've always seen newbies be given a pass the first day. Also was there a question for me in there somewhere? I'm not sure what exactly you're asking me if so.
    Also for a statement, uhm I guess I'll say I'll vote for anyone who doesn't post anything of substance. Early days always seem to be full of spam with nothing actually being said or done.
    Basically, my question is: why should you not be lynched? It's hard for me to ask anything of substance other than that so early in the game when so few people have checked in and provided a statement. Hopefully, activity is good given the number of players. I don't really think newbies should be given a pass, and since this game is anon, anyone who says they're new could be lying, so there's no way I can know that you have actually played the number of games you said you have without you basically coming out and saying who you are outside of our anon roles, which would break the flow of the game. I'm not asking you to say who you are. I'm asking you why you are a benefit to the town.

    It should be noted that, since this is a nine player game, that means that there should be three mafiosos, and six townies, meaning that, if we lose a townie during this first day, the next day is lylo. I don't want that to happen, so I hope we vote for someone who's scum. Odds aren't in our favor just yet, but if enough people contribute and post, then I think we can find a more likely candidate who would be mafia. So, while anyone of either side could lack activity, I do find a lack of activity and substance to one's posts to be scummy.

    So, thus far, Purple, Ginger, Blue, Orange, and myself, Tan, have checked in. That leaves four more people. We're still early in the game, but I hope that pretty much everyone can check in before I go to bed.
  • Mr.Pink [cats] wrote:

    Big Pink swinging by for check-in.

    Not letting anyone slip by unnoticed throughout this game; under the radar is where the mafia lives.

    Then how about you vote for someone? I'm the only one who has a vote on anyone in the first three hours, which I find to be a little troubling, because votes cause discusssion, and so do posts, and substance to one's posts, and I want as much discussion as possible. I agree that mafiosos will try to go under the radar, but a good mafioso will try to appear as pro town as possible, so saying that you won't let anyone go unnoticed, but not going any further than that in your post, seems a little scummy. I still have my vote on purple, because I have yet to find a real candidate to vote for, but how about you ask questions to people? You can ask questions to me. I'm all ears, and I'll try to answer all questions asked to me.
  • Mr.Tan [cats] wrote:

    Mr.Purple [cats] wrote:

    Mr.Tan [cats] wrote:

    I'm not the most experienced person either, but I can at least say that you gotta get the ball rolling by voting for someone. As the person who is voting first, I have nothing to go off of, but I think no one voting for however many hours just isn't very conducive for debating. Since this is an anon game, we have no idea who is who, so I'm just going vote for a color that I like.

    [vote]Mr.Purple[/vote]

    So, this is usual standard Mafia fare, but since this is anon, I have no idea if this is your first game or not. If, for whatever reason, you say this is your first game, I would still possibly leave my vote on you based on your performance as a Mafia player, but if you perform well, then I will vote for someone for deserving of getting lynched on the first day. The first day of this game should strictly rely on everyone's performance. I understand if people have lives, but luckily this is a smaller game, so it should be easier to follow, with less pages to go through and catch up on. I expect everyone to put on their glasses if they need it, and follow the game. If not, then what are you doing here?

    Under no circumstances should we reveal our roles on D1.
    I have played a couple games before, though I guess I find it interesting you would vote for me if I was a newbie since I've always seen newbies be given a pass the first day. Also was there a question for me in there somewhere? I'm not sure what exactly you're asking me if so.Also for a statement, uhm I guess I'll say I'll vote for anyone who doesn't post anything of substance. Early days always seem to be full of spam with nothing actually being said or done.
    Basically, my question is: why should you not be lynched? It's hard for me to ask anything of substance other than that so early in the game when so few people have checked in and provided a statement. Hopefully, activity is good given the number of players. I don't really think newbies should be given a pass, and since this game is anon, anyone who says they're new could be lying, so there's no way I can know that you have actually played the number of games you said you have without you basically coming out and saying who you are outside of our anon roles, which would break the flow of the game. I'm not asking you to say who you are. I'm asking you why you are a benefit to the town.
    It should be noted that, since this is a nine player game, that means that there should be three mafiosos, and six townies, meaning that, if we lose a townie during this first day, the next day is lylo. I don't want that to happen, so I hope we vote for someone who's scum. Odds aren't in our favor just yet, but if enough people contribute and post, then I think we can find a more likely candidate who would be mafia. So, while anyone of either side could lack activity, I do find a lack of activity and substance to one's posts to be scummy.

    So, thus far, Purple, Ginger, Blue, Orange, and myself, Tan, have checked in. That leaves four more people. We're still early in the game, but I hope that pretty much everyone can check in before I go to bed.
    You ask how people can be benefit to the town but that's such a vague question especially on Day 1 early in the day. What am I supposed to say? Who I am? What my role is? That's a question usually presented around the end of the day when a person is trying to avoid being lynched. This is the beginning of the day. Only one vote. How about this, Mr. Tan for questions?

    What should we do about people who have a single post simply checking in?
    What type of poster do you think deserves to be lynched?
    How do you define productivity?

    Those are questions you should try asking. And not only you but everyone should answer. After all it will be THOSE answers which will be truly telling.
  • What should we do about people who have a single post simply checking in?

    That depends on their reason. Some of us genuinely don’t have much time before we sleep and have other things we need to take care of, while others may simply be flying under the radar. Therefore, I would say, if they give a genuine reason to only be checking in — posting to sub and promising to be back at a later, for example — is excusable as long as they do come back as promised and start contributing. However, if they do not give a reason and/or just remain silent, we should probably pressure vote them until they start contributing.

    What type of poster do you think deserves to be lynched?

    1. Someone who votes no lynch and thereby allows the Mafia to get a free kill.
    2. Someone who continually doesn’t contribute anything other than shitposting.
    3. Someone who does nothing but agree with others and hide behind their choices.

    Other than that, it’s a matter of circumstance, I’d think.

    How do you define productivity?

    Someone who doesn’t necessarily post often, but tries their best to contribute meaningful content that has a use for the Town, rather than just echoing what everyone else has said. Someone who keeps up with the content and tries to keep track of matters. Someone who votes on their own feelings and tries to ask and answer questions and start dialogue when available.
    Laughing at the Mafia from my grave for eternity. ~

    The post was edited 1 time, last by Mr.Ginger [cats]: Bolding ().

  • Mr.Purple [cats] wrote:

    Mr.Tan [cats] wrote:

    Mr.Purple [cats] wrote:

    Mr.Tan [cats] wrote:

    I'm not the most experienced person either, but I can at least say that you gotta get the ball rolling by voting for someone. As the person who is voting first, I have nothing to go off of, but I think no one voting for however many hours just isn't very conducive for debating. Since this is an anon game, we have no idea who is who, so I'm just going vote for a color that I like.

    [vote]Mr.Purple[/vote]

    So, this is usual standard Mafia fare, but since this is anon, I have no idea if this is your first game or not. If, for whatever reason, you say this is your first game, I would still possibly leave my vote on you based on your performance as a Mafia player, but if you perform well, then I will vote for someone for deserving of getting lynched on the first day. The first day of this game should strictly rely on everyone's performance. I understand if people have lives, but luckily this is a smaller game, so it should be easier to follow, with less pages to go through and catch up on. I expect everyone to put on their glasses if they need it, and follow the game. If not, then what are you doing here?

    Under no circumstances should we reveal our roles on D1.
    I have played a couple games before, though I guess I find it interesting you would vote for me if I was a newbie since I've always seen newbies be given a pass the first day. Also was there a question for me in there somewhere? I'm not sure what exactly you're asking me if so.Also for a statement, uhm I guess I'll say I'll vote for anyone who doesn't post anything of substance. Early days always seem to be full of spam with nothing actually being said or done.
    Basically, my question is: why should you not be lynched? It's hard for me to ask anything of substance other than that so early in the game when so few people have checked in and provided a statement. Hopefully, activity is good given the number of players. I don't really think newbies should be given a pass, and since this game is anon, anyone who says they're new could be lying, so there's no way I can know that you have actually played the number of games you said you have without you basically coming out and saying who you are outside of our anon roles, which would break the flow of the game. I'm not asking you to say who you are. I'm asking you why you are a benefit to the town.It should be noted that, since this is a nine player game, that means that there should be three mafiosos, and six townies, meaning that, if we lose a townie during this first day, the next day is lylo. I don't want that to happen, so I hope we vote for someone who's scum. Odds aren't in our favor just yet, but if enough people contribute and post, then I think we can find a more likely candidate who would be mafia. So, while anyone of either side could lack activity, I do find a lack of activity and substance to one's posts to be scummy.

    So, thus far, Purple, Ginger, Blue, Orange, and myself, Tan, have checked in. That leaves four more people. We're still early in the game, but I hope that pretty much everyone can check in before I go to bed.
    You ask how people can be benefit to the town but that's such a vague question especially on Day 1 early in the day. What am I supposed to say? Who I am? What my role is? That's a question usually presented around the end of the day when a person is trying to avoid being lynched. This is the beginning of the day. Only one vote. How about this, Mr. Tan for questions?
    What should we do about people who have a single post simply checking in?
    What type of poster do you think deserves to be lynched?
    How do you define productivity?

    Those are questions you should try asking. And not only you but everyone should answer. After all it will be THOSE answers which will be truly telling.
    You have a point. I guess I'm not very good at asking questions in the first few hours. Plus it's been a while since I last played Mafia, but that's still no excuse for performance. I definitely don't want to know who you are, or what your role is. While the looming threat of lylo in such a small game worries me, it would be simply scummy to claim roles on day 1. In fact, I would vote for anyone who would do such a thing, because it would seem like the person is trying too hard not to act guilty. So, I will answer your questions, and I agree. Everyone should answer these.

    I'd say people who have only a check in post during the first day would be candidates for lynching, so long as they present themselves with why they only made one post, and if they can't even reply to that, then I'd be really unsure on whether to lynch them or not. I've seen some very inactive town players that have been voted off the game, which absolutely doesn't help the town. I hope that everyone makes at least three posts, but I agree that a lack of activity is rather scummy. I understand if people can't be around for the final hour, but I expect everyone to make at least three worthwhile posts. That's what I want in everyone.

    The type of poster who deserves to be lynched is someone who clearly seems like they're manipulating the town into voting for themselves, I.E. resulting in any townie getting lynched. At the end of the day, if a townie is voted to be lynched, I'd look at who voted for the townie, and find fallacies in their posts. Then we can ask more weightier questions. It's also certainly possible that Mafia would vote for themselves to make themselves look good, but I don't know how likely that is in this game, so I'd definitely look at voting history, which is why I think people need to vote.

    I define productivity as getting mafiosos killed. If we aren't killing mafia, then we aren't being productive. Simple as that. We could talk and talk, but if the Mafia is manipulating the conversation, then we aren't being productive, which is why I want everyone to make at least three worthwhile posts.