Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    Monolith's Involvement in Upcoming Zelda Game.
    • Supposedly Zelda Switch has been in development since at least December 2017. Since then Nintendo has posted additional job listings for the game. More interesting is the recent confirmation of Monolith's involvement in an upcoming Zelda project.

Do you think they are merely assisting in the development of Zelda Switch to help complete the game in a timely manner? If second party support is the case, and given that the hiring process is ongoing, what do you think this suggests for the games development stage and time frame for release? Also, does Monolith's involvement suggest another open-world entry?

Or do you think this could suggest that another title is in development? Either a completely new one (less likely imo) or possibly another remake such as SS HD?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Zero_Origin ().

• Considering they helped with BotW, I'll go with a new open-world game. This time, set in a more lively Hyrule, with the castle and capitol intact. I want to see a marketplace bustling with townsfolk, squads of soldiers marching in formation with spears and halberds.

Of course, what would be really fun is if Link starts the game in a more rustic village like Ordon, and after a few stops wherein Link helps other towns deal with problems like bandit blockades, we make it to the big city and our jaws hit the floor as we see the majestic castle and town throwing some festival celebration. Confetti in the air, banners hanging over streets, games being played for prizes, music bands, the works.

After how wistful BotW's Hyrule was, I want to see a Zelda game that starts off loud, proud, and cheerful, celebrating the series' history.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Miles ().

• That Monolith Soft helps out isn't surprising in itself, but it feels like they have got a bigger role this time around, I don't know? I mean they specifically are searching for people for a Zelda game, it sounds like a bigger involvement in my ears. And I hope so, since how good they are in developing big worlds.

A personal theory is that their new supposed IP that resembles Zelda a little, has transformed into a Zelda title. That would be neat, even if I really wouldn't have mind a completely new IP. But this is probably wrong.

And wouldn't it be kind of cool if Monolith Soft are making their own version of a Zelda title, like in parallel to Aonuma & co? As in two 3D open world Zelda-titles? Most likely not, but would certainly be neat, especially if they are very different from eachother.

No, I believe in the new IP from Monolith Soft, AND a bigger involvement on their part on the next Zelda game, and this is probably for the best. All focus on one Zelda title, and make sure it will be the greatest shit ever. And is it wrong to hope for a significantly bigger Hyrule next time? I am not a super proponent for huge worlds, but as long as they have the manpower and competence, it could end up as something really good.

The post was edited 2 times, last by MVS ().

• A little out there but I'm thinking Nintendo is currently working the Breath of the Wild follow up, and Monolith Soft are working on another Zelda, specifically a remake. The remake being Zelda II: Adventure of Link. But, as a full all out 3D adventure, remade from the ground up. It will be another "open-air" Zelda similar to Breath of the Wild, since the games are actually similar. Some features will be unique, such as the RPG system and storytelling. And some things like the jump button of course will be similar to the original. I believe this because Xenoblade Chronicles, made by Monolith Soft, is an RPG-Adventure game, and Nintendo hired them to mix a bit of those elements into a Zelda game. Combining some aspects of their IP and with what they learned from helping Nintendo with Skyward Sword and Breath of the Wild. The perfect candidate for such elements is Zelda II: Adventure of Link. Either a remake or a sequel. And if sold successful, this can create a new "style" for the Zelda series.
    • A Zelda Action RPG in the vein of Xenoblade Chronicles could be cool. Imagine Link, Zelda, and other heroes battling monsters while constantly drowning each other and the music out in combat quotes every two seconds. XD Given that Link has worked with Blade-like characters in the past (Midna, Fi, Phantom Zelda), maybe they could mix the Driver/Blade system with the Zelda setting?
    • Miles wrote:

A Zelda Action RPG in the vein of Xenoblade Chronicles could be cool. Imagine Link, Zelda, and other heroes battling monsters while constantly drowning each other and the music out in combat quotes every two seconds. XD Given that Link has worked with Blade-like characters in the past (Midna, Fi, Phantom Zelda), maybe they could mix the Driver/Blade system with the Zelda setting?
      I don't see the problem giving Link some battle quotes. He has said oneliners before, or at least in TWW: "Come on!". Would be cool to see a "Zelda Chronicles" but I am pretty biased on that front. And they should totally also run around on titans. :waggle:
    • MVS wrote:

Miles wrote:

A Zelda Action RPG in the vein of Xenoblade Chronicles could be cool. Imagine Link, Zelda, and other heroes battling monsters while constantly drowning each other and the music out in combat quotes every two seconds. XD Given that Link has worked with Blade-like characters in the past (Midna, Fi, Phantom Zelda), maybe they could mix the Driver/Blade system with the Zelda setting?
      I don't see the problem giving Link some battle quotes. He has said oneliners before, or at least in TWW: "Come on!". Would be cool to see a "Zelda Chronicles" but I am pretty biased on that front. And they should totally also run around on titans. :waggle:
      What about a Zelda/Final Fantasy crossover having Link say stuff like "Fira!" or "Thundaga!" when casting spells, or calling out the names of special attacks or summons?
    • Max N. wrote:

Why though? Why would that be desirable?
      Because it would be weird with everyone talking and screaming words and Link is dead silent or making grunts at best. People should really drop the "talk-fear" when it comes to Link. He shouldn't be silent forever. Just because some incompetent studio failed miserably on that front (the CDI-games) doesn't mean Nintendo also would fall into that trap. I honestly think it was a accomplishment to fail so hard when it comes to the VA in those games. It would also be desirable because "Monolith Soft lead development of a Zelda game" = you would expect to see differences, and it wouldn't be the end of the world if they would fail somewhat considering it is a different game to begin with. Not the traditional Zelda title where people have certain expectations.

Edit: Oh, you were questioning that Link would scream his attack-names etc in particular? If that's the case, well... it is Monolith Soft and as I said to Miles, it is kind to be expected haha. Nothing that I personally desire, but I could live with it (just as I do with the Xenoblade games).

Miles wrote:

What about a Zelda/Final Fantasy crossover having Link say stuff like "Fira!" or "Thundaga!" when casting spells, or calling out the names of special attacks or summons?
      Well that the characters yell their moves (like attacks) is pretty much what the characters do in the Xenoblade-games, so that would kind of be to be expected. The only good thing about that in particular for me personally is that I learn the moves' names easier/faster haha. But I don't want a Zelda/FF-crossover personally. Sure by all means take inspiration from other franchises, but I don't want Zelda (or any single player franchise I am fond of) to turn into a Kingdom Hearts-kind of deal.

The post was edited 3 times, last by MVS ().