Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    • Serious
    I need help and I don’t know how
    • I didn’t where this should actually go since it seems like no place Fits but ...

I need help

Badly

I think I’m suicidal. I...my want to live keeps getting tested every day and I feel like I’m just losing it and I’m scared.

I don’t know what to do and I don’t know how to ask for help or even tell my parents or anyone close to me .im afraid how how they react and.. I don’t know I don’t know anymore
    • I think I can safely speak for everyone here when I say we all love you and you’re a very good friend to everyone.

You've always got my support. I’m always here, you know I’m always here for you whenever you need it. If you just wanna chat, if you need to vent, if you wanna kill some terrorists, whatever it may be. Haha.

But I think this is something you need more than just a friend for. I think at the very least, you should try to find a support group. I’m sure your area would have something like that. Either myself, or someone else you trust can probably help you find one.
      Alternatively, suicide prevention can probably help steer you in the right direction.

Love you, man. You’re not in this alone, we’re here for you!
    • Professional help; whether it be psychiatrist or therapy and/or group therapy(depending on how comfortable you are with the idea of group therapy) is the way to go. I personally managed my depression and suicidal tendacies; back in my grade school days; through good psychiatrist that knew what the fuck they were prescribing me. I would probably suggest seeing a therapist that has ties to a good psychiatrist. That way you're getting the best treatment possible.
      And it doesn't hurt to get a second opinion from another psychiatrist/therapist if one doesn't feel right for you.

You're fun guy around these parts, and I'd like to see you make it through all of this. I assure, with the right kind of help for your needs, and even just a little bit of courage; you can get through this!

Amber <3

[Gayru Clan banner by Chel]
      (Amazing Miku sig by CielBell)
    • I appreciate all the responses and I’m going to try and work up the courage on the near future to talk to my parents about this because well it’s serious

But I know if I didn’t say anything and actually admit to myself “yeah it’s this bad “ I wouldn’t be able to do anything about it .

Talking about this stuff is so difficult. Admitting that I feel as bad as I do was so difficult. Shits scary...

If I’m not making any sense I’m super tired .
    • JP, you are Best Turtle™, and we all enjoy your presence on ZU. Your position is a really, really hard one to be in, but we have faith that you will pull through. Your life matters; you matter!

We're all here for you, man!

The post was edited 1 time, last by EzloSpirit ().

• I'm sure that no matter how badly you think your parents will react to this, they'll react worse to you doing something rash. Your parents care for you, want what's best for you, and don't want you to be afraid to come to them for help.
      "But I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want sin."
      "In fact," said Mustapha Mond, "you're claiming the right to be unhappy."
      "All right then," said the Savage defiantly, "I'm claiming the right to be unhappy."
      "Not to mention the right to grow old and ugly and impotent; the right to have syphilis and cancer; the right to have too little to eat; the right to be lousy; the right to live in constant apprehension of what may happen to-morrow; the right to catch typhoid; the right to be tortured by unspeakable pains of every kind." There was a long silence.
      "I claim them all," said the Savage at last.
      Mustapha Mond shrugged his shoulders. "You're welcome," he said.

—Aldous Huxley, Brave New World
    • God, I'm so sorry to hear you're going through this. I don't know what your relationship with your parents is like, but if you're worried about reaching out to them, I encourage you to look up the number for the suicide hotline in your area. We don't really know each other, but if you ever need to talk, my inbox is open. I hate seeing people suffer; I just wish I could do more.

...But until you're broken, you don't know what you're made of.
    • JPineapple wrote:

I didn’t where this should actually go since it seems like no place Fits but ...

I need help

Badly

I think I’m suicidal. I...my want to live keeps getting tested every day and I feel like I’m just losing it and I’m scared.

I don’t know what to do and I don’t know how to ask for help or even tell my parents or anyone close to me .im afraid how how they react and.. I don’t know I don’t know anymore
      I believe we are not acquainted, but I offer you all of my support nevertheless. How do you feel your life is being tested every day?

I would suggest you to be (more) introspective and ask yourself why you are feeling this way. Suicidal tendencies can be due to a handful of reasons, especially in males. I have had my fair share of male friends who have had depressive, borderline suicidal thoughts. In most cases, they were experiencing these feelings due to a lack of purpose in life. Do not forget that masculine energy is all about drive, achievement and mission.

I know I'm singling out a single option her, but feel free to message me if any of this resonates with you.
    • Feel free to hit me up if/whenever you need or want someone to talk to, JP.

As for what to do...I don't really have much. I'm not a professional and I don't know your situation well enough to give specific advice. All I can say is to repeat that professional help is a good idea. And yeah, telling your family about it is difficult. Weirdly, I found writing it down was easier than speaking it, but that may not be the case for you.

I'm afraid I'm not very up-to-date on US suicide prevention resources, but it seems that the NIMH recommends the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: suicidepreventionlifeline.org/talk-to-someone-now/, who can suggest local resources you can use and provide advice.

I can't say for sure that I've been in the same place, people are complex, but a decade ago I tried to kill myself when I managed to torpedo the future I'd been working towards for years and flunked out of university. It was an incredibly dark, hopeless, time for me, but about a year ago I stopped taking anti-depressants, after years without suicidal thoughts, and with a life that I'm happy with. Things can get better.

May those who accept their fate be granted happiness;

Those who defy it, glory!
    • @JPineapple you are an absolutely incredible and amazing person, you're smart, your personality and humor are infectious, and you truly have a gift when it comes to helping people and making people happy. You do it without even trying, it just comes natural because that's the kind of person you are. Even though we are online friends I consider you one of my best friends--and I selfishly don't want that to end.

You are the main reason I was comfortable enough to participate in our ZU game nights, nobody sends better cat pictures than you--especially doing it without realizing I had a bad day--and seriously without you making fun of me I might never actually finish a videogame again because hey--rabbit fetch quest. Plus who would I troll about saying Silent Hill is the worst videogame ever, I played it in record time (like 30 mins) and 100% 3x so I would know.

Seriously though, when it comes to these things often it isn't about people cheering you up--it runs deeper than that--and Ty has it right about talking to a professional. Call the suicide hotline because they are trained to know what they are talking about, trained to help, and they are volunteers so they really want to do everything they can. Another thing to consider is for some people, certain medications can make them suicidal as a side effect. This is especially true with anxiety and depression medications, but other medications have this as a side effect as well. So that, combined with the lovely winter weather you've been getting the past few months, could have something to do with it. And like folks have said, you need something, text me, call me, PM me, Slack me.
    • Just want to say thank you so much everyone for the support you have no idea how much this means to me

Writing this post was one of the hardest things for me . I’ve talked and vented about my depression before but not like this . Even in my lowest of lows before I don’t think I’ve felt this bad before but I think it’s just wearing me down.

I love you all so much I can’t stress this enough . ZU has been such a wonderful part of my life and I can’t thank you all enough . <3
    • Talking about your feelings can be hard, but if you're at this point you need to just bite the bullet and do it, which is easier said than done of course, but your life is more important than any sense of pride or any attempt to mask or disguise your feelings.

Not trying to sound harsh of course, just a word of advice. Just go to your parents or friends and just say, "I need help."
    • I'm sorry to hear you're feeling this way JP. There was once a dark time in my life where I started to think about taking my own life as well because I was in constant pain and everything seemed so hopeless so I can sorta understand how you feel. If you're that depressed just talk to someone you trust and cares about you. I highly doubt your friends or family are going to have any kind of negative reaction to you telling them this. They'll most likely be surprised and then give you a shoulder to lean on and help you get professional help if you need it. So just go ahead and tell them how you feel. Everything will be alright.

Signature by the amazing Lucid_Raven. Check our her art thread here: Raven's Emporium and Shop
      Check out my graphic design thread and get a banner for your thread today! Tru's Banner Workshop

The post was edited 2 times, last by TruEdge67 ().