Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    Hi, Zelda Obsessed and Proud
    • Ello Guys and Ladies!

My name is Raven, I'm from Virginia! I've been viewing this board for years but never got the chance to register, so I finally figured that this would be the time to do so! <3!!

I have been playing Zelda since I was around 4 years old when my grandmother (Who was a hardcore gamer and got me and my twin sister into gaming) got the game for us on the Super Nintendo. We played it day in and day out. It really blossomed my love for the series. My love however did not become obsessive until I was bought Ocarina Of Time. A heavy favorite, and mine too. I was absolutely floored with the game at only 8 years old when it came out and my Great Aunt, (My grandmothers sister who was a hardcore gamer as well) bought the game during one of her travels to visit us. I played it once, one glance at Hyrule Castle and it was a wrap. The way Link was presented, the mystery around the story, the graphics, the changes in the game itself just drew me into the series. Zelda to me at 8 years old grew to be larger than life. I remember being so devastated when OOT ended and my family gathering around theorizing on the its meaning with the information we knew. It was always a movie night whenever we progressed into the game. I wasn't devastated because it was the end, but it meant i had to wait for the next game, for it's rich amazing story to continue. Zelda wasn't just a game for me, it was an event, and it continues to be so until this day.

I have been a lover of the series ever since, playing many over and over and just enjoying the game. I am also a graphic designer and love creating graphics for myself and others!

I recently created a setup in homage to the Love Of My Life if you will! Zelda and I have a long history and I am sad that it took me this long to join a group and a community who loves Zelda in the very same way that i do!

I would love to make friends who share this equal love and more! <3

Thank you so much to those who do welcome me in the future!

Just some pictures of my setup I created a few weeks ago!

• Hello and welcome to ZU! I'm glad you decided to officially join us! I'm Tru, Lord of this board and lover of cats. Nice to meet you! That's a pretty sweet setup you've got there!

Ocarina of Time is one of my favorite Zelda's too. It's my second favorite with my first being Majora's Mask.

And you're a graphic designer too? That's pretty cool. I'd love to see the kinda stuff you make. Feel free to share your work in our Creative Corner with the community. I'm sure the others would love to see it as well.

Please feel free to stop by our Newbie Chit Chat thread as well and come meet everyone. It's a great place to get to know the community and you'll probably even make some new friends as well. This place is full of friendly people.

If you've got any questions about anything here feel free to ask. I'm always happy to help! The others will glady help as well. I look forward to seeing you around the forums and hope you enjoy our community!

Dark Miku Reigns signature by the wonderful Lady Sunshine & avatar by the amazing CielBell
    • TruEdge67 wrote:

Hello and welcome to ZU! I'm glad you decided to officially join us! I'm Tru, Lord of this board and lover of cats. Nice to meet you! That's a pretty sweet setup you've got there!

Ocarina of Time is one of my favorite Zelda's too. It's my second favorite with my first being Majora's Mask.

And you're a graphic designer too? That's pretty cool. I'd love to see the kinda stuff you make. Feel free to share your work in our Creative Corner with the community. I'm sure the others would love to see it as well.

Please feel free to stop by our Newbie Chit Chat thread as well and come meet everyone. It's a great place to get to know the community and you'll probably even make some new friends as well. This place is full of friendly people.

If you've got any questions about anything here feel free to ask. I'm always happy to help! The others will glady help as well. I look forward to seeing you around the forums and hope you enjoy our community!

ZeldaXXCoffee wrote:

Hi. I'm also Zelda obsessed and everytime I talk about Zelda one of my classmates is like: "No not again."

I just started playing Twilight Princess again and I have already passed two dungeons. Other Zelda game I'm playing currently is Ocarina Of Time.

If you want to talk about Zelda more feel free to contact me via instagram or discord.

Colu wrote:

I already welcomed you over in the newbie chat, but hello again and welcome!
      @TruEdge67 I know we've been chatting on the forum but thank you so much for this comment <3 *HUGS*!! I'm going to be posting my graphics today actually as soon as I can round up the few new things I made for it!

@ZeldaXXCoffee Hey Coffee! I am as well! lmao That's okay you can talk about it all you wasn't I welcome it with open arms, if they played the series they would totally understand your stance lol! I miss twilight princess I need to play it again soon! Ahhh you're playing my favorite! I just finished it on the 3DS! for sure my instagram is in my bio if you'd like to chat! Nice meeting you <3

@Colu Indeed you did but I appreciate you coming back here to do it again, thank you <3 :)
    • You're welcome! I look forward to seeing your work! Speaking of that, you did a great job on your signature. Judging by the quality of that, I'm sure your other work is gonna be amazing.

I dabble in graphic design myself a little. I took a class for that back in high school. I use an old program called fireworks to make banners for my threads and a lot of my jokes here lol. I also make birthday cards for everyone in my clan and my friends in other clans. I draw stuff for my friends too and post them in my art thread in the creative corner. I'm not the best artist, but my friends like what I make. Here's a Romani I drew for a friend here:

Dark Miku Reigns signature by the wonderful Lady Sunshine & avatar by the amazing CielBell
    • Lucid_Raven wrote:

@ZeldaXXCoffee Hey Coffee! I am as well! lmao That's okay you can talk about it all you wasn't I welcome it with open arms, if they played the series they would totally understand your stance lol! I miss twilight princess I need to play it again soon! Ahhh you're playing my favorite! I just finished it on the 3DS! for sure my instagram is in my bio if you'd like to chat! Nice meeting you
      You too. I am almost at the end of OoT 3D. I just have to kill Ganon then it's all over.

I also have book called Hyrule Historia and it helped me to understand the Timeline thing.
      Last Christmas I got OoT puzzle which has 1000 pieces and OoT 3D (I also have original OoT for Gamecube) + my mom allowed me to use her Zelda hoodie.

• TruEdge67 wrote:

You're welcome! I look forward to seeing your work! Speaking of that, you did a great job on your signature. Judging by the quality of that, I'm sure your other work is gonna be amazing.

I dabble in graphic design myself a little. I took a class for that back in high school. I use an old program called fireworks to make banners for my threads and a lot of my jokes here lol. I also make birthday cards for everyone in my clan and my friends in other clans. I draw stuff for my friends too and post them in my art thread in the creative corner. I'm not the best artist, but my friends like what I make. Here's a Romani I drew for a friend here:

Hey True, thank you so much for the compliment on my sisgniture! It's been a long time since I even created one of these so it turned out a little better than I expected.

Thats awesome! I love seeing fellow artists, unfortunately I didn't go to school for any of my craft and I wish I did. I think I would be further advanced than I am currently. Thats actually pretty great! You should definitely draw more! I'd love to see you create a Zora or even Ruto for that matter! <3

TruEdge67 wrote:

Oh and here's an internet hug for you too lol.

I am a huge fan of virtual hugs, thanks you lol! <3 :)

Sootfeather wrote:

Hello fellow newbie!

@Sootfeather Hey there fellow Newbie! <3 I hope you're enjoying the forum, I know I am!

ZeldaXXCoffee wrote:

Lucid_Raven wrote:

@ZeldaXXCoffee Hey Coffee! I am as well! lmao That's okay you can talk about it all you wasn't I welcome it with open arms, if they played the series they would totally understand your stance lol! I miss twilight princess I need to play it again soon! Ahhh you're playing my favorite! I just finished it on the 3DS! for sure my instagram is in my bio if you'd like to chat! Nice meeting you
      You too. I am almost at the end of OoT 3D. I just have to kill Ganon then it's all over.
      I also have book called Hyrule Historia and it helped me to understand the Timeline thing.
      Last Christmas I got OoT puzzle which has 1000 pieces and OoT 3D (I also have original OoT for Gamecube) + my mom allowed me to use her Zelda hoodie.

I do too, I am at ganon I have yet to even enter it. I need to finish it and call it a day lol.
      I do too! I also have the Art and artifacts book as well, if you don't have that, you should definitely pick it up! The timeline is very confusing but youtube and the hysteria helped me also! it gave me a pretty indepth view on it. The creators knew what they were doing lol!

I moved recently so I don't have all my Zelda stuff on display but this is what I could fir on the other corner of my gameroom!

btw that Jacket is amazing!
    • Lucid_Raven wrote:

Thats awesome! I love seeing fellow artists, unfortunately I didn't go to school for any of my craft and I wish I did. I think I would be further advanced than I am currently. Thats actually pretty great! You should definitely draw more! I'd love to see you create a Zora or even Ruto for that matter!
      Thanks! I have an art thread here with a few things I've made for my friends here. It's Tru Draws Stuff. I can try doing Ruto for you in the future if you'd like. She shouldn't be that hard to do.

The post was edited 1 time, last by TruEdge67 ().

• TruEdge67 wrote:

Lucid_Raven wrote:

Thats awesome! I love seeing fellow artists, unfortunately I didn't go to school for any of my craft and I wish I did. I think I would be further advanced than I am currently. Thats actually pretty great! You should definitely draw more! I'd love to see you create a Zora or even Ruto for that matter!
      Thanks! I have an art thread here with a few things I've made for my friends here. It's Tru Draws Stuff. I can try doing Ruto for you in the future if you'd like. She shouldn't be that hard to do.
      I would actually enjoy that quite a bit, shes my favorite zora, Sidon is actually a close second. His enthusiasm was infectious! I'm gonna check out your thread thank you for sharing! <3
    • Welcome! I'm no stranger to obsession with Zelda. I started the same age as you, and A Link to the Past was rather formative. I used to sit and watch the intro story over and over even though I couldn't read really well yet. And when Ocarina of Time came out, the obsession was definitely set in stone for me too.

It really is a beautiful series. Glad to have you aboard!
    • Please Understand wrote:

Welcome to the club. :D
      Thank you for the welcome!! <3!

Wildecastor wrote:

Welcome! I'm no stranger to obsession with Zelda. I started the same age as you, and A Link to the Past was rather formative. I used to sit and watch the intro story over and over even though I couldn't read really well yet. And when Ocarina of Time came out, the obsession was definitely set in stone for me too.

It really is a beautiful series. Glad to have you aboard!
      Hi Wildcastor! <3 <3 That is crazy that even though you couldn't read it, it still captivated you. I did the same thing. Ocarina Of Time just really captivated everyone. It was sucha true golden era for gaming I swear <3 <3! Thank you for sharing your nostalgia! <3
    • ZeldaXXCoffee wrote:

I just killed Ganon and finished OoT. I'm kinda shocked. I have only played thhrough PH and WW before this.
      YAY you finished it! Is this your first play through or has it been the first in a while?! I have still yet to do it, I am going to attempt it later tonight once my 3DS charges
    • Lucid_Raven wrote:

ZeldaXXCoffee wrote:

I just killed Ganon and finished OoT. I'm kinda shocked. I have only played thhrough PH and WW before this.
      YAY you finished it! Is this your first play through or has it been the first in a while?! I have still yet to do it, I am going to attempt it later tonight once my 3DS charges
      This was my first OoT playthrough. And this was my first play through for awhile. Btw when you Finish Oot you will unlock Master quest.