Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    Welcome to the Second Age - General Tolkien Thread
    • Because we let the previous Tolkien thread die off, here's a new one.

You heard of Amazon getting the rights to Lord of the Rings and starting a new series? The one that was rumored to be about a young Aragorn?

Well, the rumors were wrong. It's actually about Númenor and the Second Age. How awesome is that??? That really excites me way more than a story about Aragorn.

t.co/7TuQh7gRPD

So what I remember of Númenor was that Sauron walked around there, disguised as a Númenorean. Was he the one who made them rebel against the gods, leading to their fall? That could be a nice window to tell a story.
      I just don't remember them doing much traveling between Númenor and Middle Earth. Yet we are shown both areas on a map, implying it will take place on both areas. And possibly the areas in the south which Tolkien never wrote much about? So much potential.
      100% | Finished | Now playing:
      TLoZ | 2nd Q | TAoL | ALttP | LA | LA DX | OoT | OoT MQ | MM | OoA | OoS | ALttP (GBA) | FS | TWW | FSA | TMC | TP | LCT | PH | ST | OoT 3D | FS AE | SS | ALBW | MM 3D | TFH | TP HD | BotW

Post by Canyarion ().

This post was deleted by Galedeep: why bump this when you already made a new thread? don't do that. ().
    • With this news of the Second Age, I'm really tempted to pick up the Sil and UT again.
      Also: tonight I started watching TLotR again. I'm sick from work and can't do much else, so hey. :)

Edit: apparently they're making a movie about Tolkien's life?
      100% | Finished | Now playing:
      TLoZ | 2nd Q | TAoL | ALttP | LA | LA DX | OoT | OoT MQ | MM | OoA | OoS | ALttP (GBA) | FS | TWW | FSA | TMC | TP | LCT | PH | ST | OoT 3D | FS AE | SS | ALBW | MM 3D | TFH | TP HD | BotW

The post was edited 1 time, last by Canyarion ().