Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    • Multi
    What games are you playing? NG+ Edition
    • subrosiandalek wrote:

At work today, I was distracting myself from the soul-numbing experience of being there with some thoughts about Mario. There's something -- or rather someone -- very wrong with Mario Odyssey, and that someone is Peach. Look at her complete lack of a reaction in this video (1:35). She's just calmly waiting to see who will win this fight, and... I think she's pulling for Bowser.

Peach can love whoever she wants to love, but I feel bad for Pauline. Mario should stop chasing not-distressed-at-all damsels and settle down with the woman who helped him finance a theme park. Pauline said she'd be Mario's 1-up girl. She's likely referring to what is happening between Mario, Bowser, and Peach. Hopefully some day, Mario will realize this.

Super Mario Odyssey. It's like soap opera deep, people. I guess I'll go finish up Steam Gardens now.
      At this point getting kidnapped is basically like *sigh* "not again." To Peach.

Asexual Pride Banner and Signature made by the glorious TruEdge67
    • After 40 hours of Hollow Knight, trying to make sure I don't miss anything permenantly, I finally beat the first endings.

I hate finishing games and accidentally missing stuff that forces another playthrough. HK doesn't do it often, but it is still too good for that.

Display Spoiler
      Now on to the Radiance and maybe I'll touch the Pantheons. No way I'm trying to beat PoG.

I do need to finish the Grey Mourner and Nightmare King Grimm tasks too.

@Winnie I apologize if I sounded pretentious when we talked about NKG. I didn't realize he cranks up to 11 in the final fight.

I'm only at 105% completion so still have things to do such as the dream bosses

Edit: Radiance - The attacks are fairly slow, but there definitely are some attacks get stacked and force damage lol. Got to phase 2 so far

And done. Glowing womb made it super easy

Annnd Grey Mourner done. Those last few jumps with the thorny vines are stressful.

The post was edited 4 times, last by Rambo ().

• So it turns out my desire to play Skyrim is pretty dead—I haven't played it since suddenly being done with it. In fact, I have a lot more negative feelings about it than when I was actually playing it. Turns out doing the same damn thing over and over again for no good reason isn't a recipe for a game that holds my interest.

Anyway, I'm going to move on to Far Cry 3, after which I feel I'll be ready to try Breath of the Wild. I look forward to telling all of you that you're wrong and it's a terrible game.
      "But I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want sin."
      "In fact," said Mustapha Mond, "you're claiming the right to be unhappy."
      "All right then," said the Savage defiantly, "I'm claiming the right to be unhappy."
      "Not to mention the right to grow old and ugly and impotent; the right to have syphilis and cancer; the right to have too little to eat; the right to be lousy; the right to live in constant apprehension of what may happen to-morrow; the right to catch typhoid; the right to be tortured by unspeakable pains of every kind." There was a long silence.
      "I claim them all," said the Savage at last.
      Mustapha Mond shrugged his shoulders. "You're welcome," he said.

—Aldous Huxley, Brave New World
    • That's always my experience with Elder Scrolls games, too. I play each one for like 10-30 hours, kinda grumble the whole time, and then drop off feeling unsatisfied with the experience.

THey're big worlds with lots of areas to explore, but... nothing I find interesting to find, and none of the quests feel like they impact the world, despite being framed as if they should.
    • I've started Far Cry 3, and it reminds me a lot of Far Cry 2 except it's in the South Pacific instead of Africa. That's not an encouraging sign, as I got bored with Far Cry 2 pretty quickly. Also, one of the first things the game had me do after escaping from the pirates was to kill some pigs that seemed to be mostly minding their own business, which is not a good way to endear a game to me. I had already deliberately abstained from killing that snake that was hanging out under the radio tower. I also get the feeling there's going to be a lot of crafting in this game. I'm not all that fond of crafting. I tolerated it in Far Cry Primal because that game is set 12,000 years ago and how else are you going to get anything back then, but making syringes out of leaves (?) is not my idea of a good time.
      "But I don't want comfort. I want God, I want poetry, I want real danger, I want freedom, I want goodness. I want sin."
      "All right then," said the Savage defiantly, "I'm claiming the right to be unhappy."
      "Not to mention the right to grow old and ugly and impotent; the right to have syphilis and cancer; the right to have too little to eat; the right to be lousy; the right to live in constant apprehension of what may happen to-morrow; the right to catch typhoid; the right to be tortured by unspeakable pains of every kind." There was a long silence.

• I finally beat Zone 1 of Crypt of the NecroDancer on Switch tonight. I'm not sure I ever managed to do that on my PC copy. It was wildly satisfying lol.

I mostly play this game for the killer soundtrack and the rhythm elements; I actually hate roguelikes. XD
    • So Far Cry 3 seems to be halfway between Far Cry 2 and Far Cry Primal, which only makes sense. The plot seems pretty silly so far—I'd read it has a "white savior" thing going, and boy are they not kidding. It's made particularly egregious by the fact that Jason appears to have no qualifications that would allow him to help these people. Wait, sorry, he has the "soul of a warrior" or something, clearly he's eminently suited to the task of liberating a South Pacific island from a gang of slave-taking pirates.

• I recently beat FFXII Revenant Wings on DS again.

Fun game. Can't say I did so 100% legitimately bc I actually hate waiting for the Yarhi to summon so I did some cheating magic there lol. Liked the lore bits and optional reading, but wasn't super fond of having missable sidequests ._. I don't know how I missed them since I made sure to talk to everyone after every event I knew of but oh well. My file remained at a 95% completed...

Now I'm being garbage and getting ready to play through the GC versions of Twilight Princess and The Wind Waker, lol.

Credit to TruEdge for the banners :3
      And credit to @Oracle between Worlds for the avatar :33
    • Alright so TP has been as good as I remember so far. Just reached the Forest Temple.

Though my GCN controller is a bit wonky, it still controls very smoothly, I like that. Love all the different animations and movements available, too; not counting the hidden skills bc I only have one so far lol.

But what's always been enticing is the lots of differences in and amount of text available. All characters say different things at different points and it's just NICE to keep digging for those. The animals too, forgot about those completely.

My english wasn't the best when I last played through it fully so this is gonna be nice. Lots of things I never noticed before or just plain don't remember.

The visuals have certainly aged though haha. And I'm playing with composite cables which… yuck. At least it's an older HDTV.

Also, Midna. Also part 2, carrying dogs :3

Credit to TruEdge for the banners :3
      And credit to @Oracle between Worlds for the avatar :33