Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
Spy Thriller Mafia - The idea was to bring together a group of remarkable people, see if they could become something more. (Game over EoD3))
  • Read through and now here.
    Couldn't make it to daybreak since it was 11pm and I had rl issues
    Idk, @Big Daddy Biggles what you do or want me to say.
    I explained twice on D2
    I am private investigator. I investigate one person a night and seem to have just 2 options
    A) I get as a result the same info as the person I targeted
    B) I get "no result", this has happened twice now
    Last night I targeted Rambo, got no result.
    So my ability works just on investigative actions.
    As I explained yesterday already.
    Monika made me trust him on D2 by believing my claim.
    Right now I have no idea.
    6 players left. I also suppose 2 of those are mafioso. Maybe one vigilante. Or someone with one shot.
    That leaves 3-4 townies
    (In case of 3 mafioso, the game will end to todays lynch
    Best wishes, Capt. Obvious)
    I think it is fully possible @Aquamentus had that one-shot and is now vanilla as he claims.
    I claim still to be town, canadian delegation
    I don't know any roles, but I suppose we have private investigator, cop, doc and something else. In this case either Monikas passive "like Tingle" ability
    Lets see what we had this far:
    Gerudoyoshi would have been unrequited lover (could Aqua be the second? Left alive cos modkill?
    Ruki was jailkeeper, doc+roleblock
    Tingle was instinctive allignment cop (not sure how it works tho)
    Realm was a tracker
    Kae was lie detector (could verify the role/allignment claim)
    Kae believed me, tho did she check me or not, idk. She also changed her vote from realm to BDB
    Monika (my phone refuses to tag anymore)
    Why we shouldn't have voted BDB? Did you learn anything on N1 or did this instinctive role work just on N2?

Leftovers:
    LS
    Rambo
    Monika claiming instinvtive role but nothing about allignment
    BDB
    Fin - claimed tracker like town role, told it's being private investigator and how it works
    Aquamentus

I need to see more in detail before I can tell what I think of you all
    If someone has some info from last night, I suppose it would help town to get some light to the darkness
    I know my role hasn't brought any info for us. But as I told, I targeted Rambo. Those who have some targeting actions, take that in account when analyzing. Sabbo told, that someone visited americanos last night. N1 that wasn't the case and I targeted Tingle, who is now 100% town and dead.
    I'm unfortunately again running out of time.
    Meanwhile, I poke, this doesn't have to be my final vote

[Vote] Rambo [/vote]
  • There was questions to me.
    Monika: I told this on my previous post.
    I have revealed everything from my role and allignment. Not straight quoting the Role PM but delivered all the info I got from it and I also confirmed from GM what would happen if I targeted a role like doc. As I expected, I'd get no result
    More info I don't have to share

I reply more when I can, got to work
  • @GuardianFIN It seems like what you're saying is you investigate someone, and, along with being PM'ed a result, you think that result is in the GM post. This seems like important information to know or not know in you role pm given a low bastard game.

I know my role isn't near that hard to figure out. The rest of the town, look at your role pms and ask yourself if there's any obscurity there that could validate what FIN is saying.
  • " I am currently a vanilla equivalent plain towny but I can somewhat back up my role if need be because I hella bread crumbed."

- That's pretty damn close to a roleclaim.

Never considered a 1x vig role, that seems possible. Not sure if I believe it but I can't shoot it down as impossible.

So we're believing there was a PI and a tracker?

@GuardianFIN Anything from last night helps not even a little bit on my end.

Going forward, I did read your post above, so it seems your list is myself, Monika, BDB, Rambo, and aqua.
    Why are you -most- suspicious of Rambo? reading through I'd assume you'd be most suspicious of BDB.

Though that could easily be a ploy to make him look guilty, so I'm feeling super conflicted myself.

"Defense against the dark farts, am I right?" -Pennington
    | This spot reserved for Dark Link Reigns |

• [vote]GuardianFIN[/vote]

You claimed tracker on your initial claim, then went on to say "After further digging, I realize I'm not a traditional tracker." And now you're claiming a role that has no such word in its name.

You also refused to vote for Medli to save yourself Day 1. Plus, meta-speaking, we have seen exactly two proper investigative roles (maybe three if you wanna stretch and include the lie detector). I just don't see it adding up, especially since everybody else's roles seem to be exactly what they are "Alignment Cop" etc. but PI is completely different on the wiki.
  • After seeing FIN's explanation I still see zero reason to change my vote.

@Rambo - I think I know the answer already as I would guess you would have already addressed it, but is FIN correct in getting a no result from targeting you last night?

Also, @GuardianFIN - you are voting for Rambo saying you are just poking him - is there any reason you are voting for him?

Sig & Avvy by Lady Sunshine, the most wonderful girl in the world
  • Big Daddy Biggles wrote:

After seeing FIN's explanation I still see zero reason to change my vote.

@Rambo - I think I know the answer already as I would guess you would have already addressed it, but is FIN correct in getting a no result from targeting you last night?

Also, @GuardianFIN - you are voting for Rambo saying you are just poking him - is there any reason you are voting for him?
    Yes, if his role condition is to only get results from investigative roles, then he would get a No Result by his description. But as I said, the complexity of his role seems off.

@Monika Are you able to do the hated modifier again? I ask because you might be able to delay Mylo/Lylo/Y doh by using it someone you think is scum over night. You're very welcome to tell me to shove it on this piece of information too.

I'm going to chill on my vote until closer to end of day and see how things develop. I like how wagons aren't being barreled onto. If we pay attention, we might be able to find out some Mafia.
  • Rambo wrote:

@Monika Are you able to do the hated modifier again? I ask because you might be able to delay Mylo/Lylo/Y doh by using it someone you think is scum over night. You're very welcome to tell me to shove it on this piece of information too.
    I have mentioned before that, like Tingle's role, I am instinctive which means that my ability only activates when certain conditions are met. But when they do, I affect everybody that triggered my instinctive nature. If we want my role to be of any use I'm not going to mention what those conditions are.
  • Out of work, finally.
    And it seems directly to chopping block

@Rambo I don't think that it is so. It is so on my role PM
    If I investigate someone, I get what they would get, if they had "investigate" action. Otherwise I get no result. I'm also given SNARF value for my action.
    Shall I explain it now then 4th time?
    With examples:
    N1
    I investigate Tingle. Kill has higher action value, so he didn't get his result, thus I won't get it. THIS is my own expectation. It is possible that I was rerouted, since I claimed on D1
    In any case, N1 result was "No result"
    N2 I investigated Rambo, just a random pick. I didn't want to go obvious Monika, plus he was triggered already earlier, why would he be triggered twice (where I got it right, he told nobody is hated today)
    Also with Rambo I got "no result"
    BUT
    Someone visited americans last night. I haven't gotten any info that someone would have investigated or in any other way did some night actions, so as far as I won't have more info, I suppose I investigated a red player. Prove me wrong
    And looking at Rambo's voting pattern, what would be more convincing pro-town action than throw own member under the bus on day 1, kill off the most threathening player on D1 (Ruki) and kick Kae out on N2 cos she had suspicions. And wouldn't there be any better role for that than Godfather? Just speculation. And food for thought.

And indeed. Lynch a townie now and you'll win. Practically, convince one townie to vote me and Mafia wins by killing next townie in the night. Then it's just a coin toss, who wins, or if someome ends up having 2 votes alone.

I have nothing to lose. Or everything, since if I die tonight, I just helped bringing town down with my bad choises. Of words, cos of my inexperience (I don't find description of Private Investigator from Mafia wiki. Several persons playing that role, but not what this role does. All info I have is my Role PM. Closest I found on D1 in haste was Tracker) and of bad decitions on investigations.

I also want to point out, that some of you seem to find it odd, that town would have tracker and PI but nobody seems to question that town would have out of 8-9 roles, 2 instinctive roles, where there is rather little info on Monika's role. Except that it's instinctive.

@Lady Sunshine do you have suspects then? I explained why I voted Rambo.
    BDB has been very odd all this game, at least to my eyes. Very hostile towards my claim and seems to ignore me every time I explain myself. Just like he would just want to rule me over and use his authority to dismiss anything I say. That's what I read from his posts. Has he voted anyone else than me after Medli died.

@Monika I explained earlier, why I didn't want to vote Medli on D1. I did it also saying that I want to point it out myself, so nobody comes and tries to throw it to my face. I tell it again but go back few pages and you cam read it from earlier me.
    I invited Medli to play Mafia, cos I thought he'd enjoy it. I've followed his unlucky Mafia career and wished that he'd someday could make it to mid or late game. Personal reasons shouldn't affect logical judgement, but that is who I am. Sentimental. I know it puts me to bad position now, cos he flipped red. That's why I explained it alreasy earlier. So do not try to bring it up as new, you could've just quoted me.
    Also, you were quick to believe my claim, but now very eager to jump on my wagon. I guess you have your reasons. Care to tell a bit more about your role? Now that lie detector is dead, you can lie as much as you wish.
  • @GuardianFIN Gotcha. So the GM post to start the day is independent of your role. That's my misunderstanding. I thought they were tied which is why I asked if any one else if their roles were as complex/obscure as yours.

In defense of myself though, bussing someone Day 1 when I had no reason to would be a huge risk if I were Mafia. I pretty much made Romano's lynch available. I even defended you and Realm yesterday. Yes, my Kae vote was incorrect, but that's because there were no better leads or information to go off of.

---

Now the question is, what do we think of the GM post. GM provided information or an Oracle/Reporter type role that manipulates?
  • GuardianFIN wrote:

BDB has been very odd all this game, at least to my eyes. Very hostile towards my claim and seems to ignore me every time I explain myself. Just like he would just want to rule me over and use his authority to dismiss anything I say. That's what I read from his posts. Has he voted anyone else than me after Medli died.
    How about I just answer this instead of you trying to go through a third person.

First, there is a difference between being "hostile" and "pointing out how your role doesn't make any sense". Also, I have not ignored you and your explanations. I've said that I find it very odd that in a game with a tracker we would have a second, weaker tracking role. What good is your ability with a tracker that gets results on everyone they target?

From what we can see (based on the flips we've gotten), you are basically just a glorified confirmation for Realm (should you have known he was the tracker and actually followed him).

Otherwise the best you can do is tell us that someone doesn't have an investigative role which helps us almost none.

I'm not sure where you see any authority I have. Yes, I'm a more veteran player than you but as you can see people aren't just piling onto your lynch because I said so. And my points don't change the fact that other people are free to make up their minds on your claims (which they have). Any points I make are first and foremost to explain why I am voting for you. Their second utility is to give people insight into why I believe you are mafia so they can use that and their own suspicions to come to a conclusion.

And no, after Medli died I have not voted for anyone besides you as there has been no one else as scummy as you (next closest is Aqua in my eyes but still a far cry from you).

Sig & Avvy by Lady Sunshine, the most wonderful girl in the world
  • It is but I have to do this to someone haha (I was already going to do it)

[Unvote] Rambo [/unvote]

I didn't even bold it. Man, I'm going wild today, aren't I? Who knows next, I might quote a vote tag for fun haha.

I genuinely have no clue what to do. If my theory about what went down in that plan of mine is true at all, I'd imagine we are screwed. Since Monika pointed out that its MYLO, might as well role claim then? This might be the last day after all.

[Vote] Lady Sunshine [/vote]

I should stick with my word from yesterday. I also find your pattern of posting really odd. In past games I have played with you when you are mafia, I've noticed that you are amazing at laying low with out notice which is an amazing skill. Along side your vote on BDB and switching it to me, you don't don't comparatively post all that much except with one or two long posta a day that just breaks down who is left. Granted, I'm guilty of that but I've posted more content with it I believe (if we are looking for a difference).

You asked why I don't I vote BDB. I have no particular reason to vote for them, they haven't done much besides pressure Guardian and they admitted to having been busy IRL (hence why I'm not judging his posting pattern under scrutiny). Also, I'm not about to angrily vote for someone out of a petty interaction. We've come this far after all.

If Guardian is telling the truth, I imagine Rambo is either the godfather or just a vanilla towny? I need to rerread how their role works. Rambo hasn't been playing like he's the godfather and besides his odd interaction with Kae in the previoua day, I don't really have much of a reason to continue my vote on them.
    I'm hosting a Mafia game on Zu! It's based on the hit 1992 film, Reservoir Dogs! You should totally sign up and play this totally radtacular game!
    Mafia XX?V?: Reservoir Cats - SIGN UP
  • I should also do you the courtesy of tagging you so you are aware. @Lady Sunshine .

If you can, at your convenience, could you remind me why you were so determined to have voted BDB yesterday? Then, if you can, can you remind me why you voted for me afterwards when Kae asked you to consider joining a wagon (at a time when there were no votes on me)?

Thanks!

Edit: Fixed mobile spelling error of "joining" and "no".
    I'm hosting a Mafia game on Zu! It's based on the hit 1992 film, Reservoir Dogs! You should totally sign up and play this totally radtacular game!
    Mafia XX?V?: Reservoir Cats - SIGN UP

The post was edited 1 time, last by Aquamentus ().