Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    Community Cooking/Baking Togetherness Thread
    • Okay okay okay, so. I’m a little excited. So excited, in fact, I’m not even gonna wait until what I’m sharing is done cooking. I haven’t even tried it before, but it smells amazing. And I can’t wait to try it. Soooooo, the reason I voted fruit is because I don’t have a grill. But when it looked like grilled was going to win, I came up with a silly idea on how I could participate. I was originally going to do a Peter Pan Barbecue (because during the feasts, they imagine the food). I was going to take pictures of my invisible grill and the invisible ingredients in the prep station, was also going to show you guys my cupcake apron and say sorry for not having a bbq apron with a clever little saying or pun on it. And then I was going to show you guys my “favourite bbq sauce for grilling,” which was also going to be invisible. You get the idea!

But then I was like, “OH MY GOD THAT’S BRILLIANT!”

What’s so brilliant? Well, you might think I’m talking about my clever little Peter Pan barbecue. You’re wrong! Bbq sauce, that’s the key! So let’s get to it!

Homemade BBQ Sauce
      ingredients

• 8 ounces tomato sauce
      • 1 Cup ketchup
      • 2/3 Cup brown sugar
      • 1/4 Cup unsulphured molasses
      • 2/3 Cup red wine vinegar
      • 2 tsp. hickory flavoured liquid smoke
      • 1/2 tsp. paprika (or smoked paprika)
      • 1/2 tsp. salt
      • 1/4 tsp. onion powder
      • 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
      • 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
      • 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
      • 1/8 tsp. chilli powder
      • 1/8 tsp. ground mustard
      • 1/8 tsp. ground cinnamon

method

1. Add ingredients to saucepan and mix until smooth.
      2. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until mixture comes to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20min or up to one hour, stirring occasionally.
      3. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
      4. Store in airtight container or jar in fridge for up to 3 weeks

colu notes

It calls for unsulphured molasses, but I just used fancy molasses because it’s what I had on hand. Apparently unsulphured molasses is just a bit less sweet than fancy, so I don’t see a problem using fancy.

I’ve never used liquid smoke before, and I had a hard time finding it at first. I found it in the same aisle as all the bbq sauce/condiments, so hopefully that helps someone else that’s never used it before either haha. I didn’t know what to expect, but when I opened the little jar it was like, bam, it smells like smoke (but the good, woody part of smoke).

I actually forgot to grab chilli powder while I was out, but because it’s so little, I just added a smidgen more of cayenne pepper in hopes of balancing it out lmao.

So I haven’t tasted it yet, mine is still on the stove. But it totally smells amazing and I’m really digging the thickness of it. I can’t wait to try it <3

Also, because I physically write down any recipes I want to try, I’ve already forgotten where I grabbed this recipe from online haha.
      Canada is real

The post was edited 2 times, last by Giragon ().

• My big BBQ plans are for Saturday :)

EDIT: For those that don't know, there was this add on our local buy and sell page like "fresh asparagus! we can't believe how fresh it is" and I was like "hellooo" and then they were all "how much do you want" and I don't know what a good amount was so I got 10 lb? Well it turns out 10 lb is a lot more asparagus than I thought it was.

SO expect that to make an appearance I think

"Oh hun, ... somewhere out there, there's a planet for you. It's not this one." -- Foo
      [signature by RealmWings]

The post was edited 1 time, last by boxes ().