Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    Was Skyloft lowered to the surface? (and Minish stuff too)
    • Let's get back on topic, team.

Mango The Magician wrote:

Skyloft stayed in the air while the Isle of the Goddess fell down at the end of SS. Interestingly the orientation of the Isle of Goddess matches up with the orientation of the Temple of Time in SS, and we know the Sealed Temple became the Temple of Time, so I'm actually kinda curious how skyloft would match up when overlayed with botws map.
      I'm not sure how to go about aligning the two. The Temple of Time is built over the Sealed Temple, but not necessarily with the same orientation. Judging by the volcanoes in the background, it could be roughly the same as the Temple of Time in OoT, but BotW's Temple of Time doesn't even face the same direction as OoT's.
      Goddess of the Sands

Map of Thyphlo Ruins

Forest Architects

If you have Amiibo Tap: Nintendo's Greatest Bits on Wii U, you can reset which games your amiibo unlock by deleting the game and then redownloading it.
    • Evran_Speer wrote:

Let's get back on topic, team.

Mango The Magician wrote:

Skyloft stayed in the air while the Isle of the Goddess fell down at the end of SS. Interestingly the orientation of the Isle of Goddess matches up with the orientation of the Temple of Time in SS, and we know the Sealed Temple became the Temple of Time, so I'm actually kinda curious how skyloft would match up when overlayed with botws map.
      I'm not sure how to go about aligning the two. The Temple of Time is built over the Sealed Temple, but not necessarily with the same orientation. Judging by the volcanoes in the background, it could be roughly the same as the Temple of Time in OoT, but BotW's Temple of Time doesn't even face the same direction as OoT's.
      honestly I'm of the opinion the ToT can move when needed. I don't think it's placement in OOT is it's original placement or orientation as it makes zero sense for Death Mountain to move so far for no reason.
    • That makes the decision to build Hyrule Castle next to the temple pointless, since the temple can just, y'know, teleport to escape danger instead of needing an army to protect it like we're told.
    • I was always under the impression that the Great Plateau was not only infact, Skyloft, But also the same Castle and Castle Town area found in OoT. I've always felt that Ganon's insistent storming of the castle and attempts to break into the ToT would have forced them to move everything someplace else. I would have imagined the original goal was to get skyloft back into the sky but ultimately failing at this. So, Using the Divine Beasts, manually moved the land surrounding the ToT as well as the sealed grounds, (which we know goes pretty deep) to where it sits now.

I can imagine it was a very long and painstaking move too. (Let's not forget the Champions Ballad showcasing the fact there is another "sort of" Divine Beast dungeon, sitting inside the plateau itself.) But it could have been done.

And in the 10,000 years that followed, (Including some sort of maintenance) enough land erosion would have settled the topography to what we see in Botw.
      Courage is not the absence of fear, it is the ability to overcome it.