Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
DnD Mafia: You all failed the quest!
  • Also, I don't see why I would have more suspcion than you Gunnfridr. I have actually stated my abilities and have made no suggestion that murder was a good thing, quite the contrary, actually!

The unabletable does provide some suspicion in that they are trying to control the situation. This is a thing a (mafia player) might do. It is true that this is just a shot in the dark though.

I do think that the person who has given no help in this situation and provides the most suspicion (and stench) is [vote]gerudoyoshi[/vote] seems to be stalling until the end of the day to murder further
  • I'm inclined to agree with @Cody but I'm confused about table's role. Is he claiming to be permanently invincible to all night actions? Still seems reckless to claim that so early. What about the unblockable killing guy role? What about crazy 5/5 bastard rating items and events?

I'd be down to vote for either gazooks or realms, they haven't voted yet. waiting for tables responsee
    A dark chase requires a silent hound, and deep roots are not reached by the frost.
  • If my reasoning is good, then it shouldn't look strange! Good strategy is how we will defeat this menace.

My lock is impervious to damage and decay, it never ages.
    (Unlimited)

(Also, we should be considering the "encounter" mechanic. If 60% of us fail, no one gets a bonus. But consider that each night, 15/20 rolls will fail. That is, 75% of rolls won't be in the required interval (I'm assuming that it includes the endpoints). Unless I'm mistaken, this seems to suggest that we should be cooperating on rolls, so that we at least have a 1/4 chance of all getting a bonus. For the record, I'll be rolling 19, as the last prime number)
  • Mordred wrote:

GregariousTree wrote:

I'm sort of in a hurry, so I won't do a fancy roleplay post, haha

@theunabletable Gotta be honest, double whammy role claim and no lynch doesn't look great right now, but you did articulate your reasoning well. Sorry if I missed it, but you said you can block any action against you? Is that limited in shots or unlimited?
    You don't ask these things.
    You don't claim them either, so.

Alright.

[unvote]theunabletable[/unvote]

[vote]realmwings[/vote]
    A dark chase requires a silent hound, and deep roots are not reached by the frost.
  • Dr.Gazooks wrote:

Also, I don't see why I would have more suspcion than you Gunnfridr. I have actually stated my abilities and have made no suggestion that murder was a good thing, quite the contrary, actually!

The unabletable does provide some suspicion in that they are trying to control the situation. This is a thing a (mafia player) might do. It is true that this is just a shot in the dark though.
    You're making a fair point but I'm really just voting to vote for someone. Table seems earnest to me, I genuinely can never read Lys so I'm confused there, and honestly the main reason I'm voting you is that you felt scummy when I was looking at the list of names to figure out who to vote.

Today has been really busy for me and I'm sleep deprived and I should not be playing lmao. I should be better on day 2 since I don't think I have anything I need to be doing then.
  • I'm about to take off.

I'm going to let Sir Galagher off for now. I can revisit this at a later time if needed.

[unvote]theunabletable[/unvote]

[vote]Monika[/vote]

You are voting Sir Galagher with no reasoning whatsoever and based on your posting, you seem very eager for him to die.

This seems fishy to me - almost as if you have been laying low, posting enough to get by and jumping on the popular wagon with no explanation.

Sig & Avvy by Lady Sunshine, the most wonderful girl in the world
    Come check out our little business - Birdie B Bath Bombs
  • To the untrained eye, yes, it would be reckless. I do not see it this way.
    Again, this is no response to my reasoning! I'm attempting, at least, to share concrete, abstract thought, but all you've done is, essentially, say "I disagree", without any input on why!

(Out of character: To everybody who's asked questions about my role: It's really bad form to put unneeded pressure on the details of one's role in a game with unusual roles. There is often really good reason for them to abstain from some detail, because it would be more useful for it to be hidden from mafia. That said, yes, my character will, in fact, "carry the lock around" during the day. Any action which "targets" me will be "reflexively blocked". I don't know how this interacts with role blockers, or if there are powers which could impact me, but don't "target" me. But a vigilante, for example, would have their kill blocked.

I die to lynches, but I can't be investigated. If I get lucky day 3+ and we win an encounter, then I'll be confirmed town.)
  • @Cody You asked how it feels, why I shouldn't be voted and where to go instead.
    Well, I have 2 votes but still have no idea, what those votes are based on. So I'm confused.
    I also posted a list of names and who voted who. Which is pain in the ass to maintain on mobile. And I write slow on mobile but that's my only option atm.
    If there would be a reason to vote me, why not. But this far votes on me have been just votes with nothing behind them.
    Where to go? Mord..Gunfridr has been silent but gave RL as reason.
    Monika I haven't played with but I consider him decent player just based on what I've seen aroun the forums.
    Sabbo has been playing low too imo, but I've just been in games Sabbo has been GM so hard to read.
    Kutter stinks scummy but I am a bit cautious here too, there is strong RP element on Kutter posts.
    Korokpeach is also a mystery to me
  • gerudoyoshi wrote:

if you intentionally play poorly because it's what your character would do instead of finding reasons to justify pro-town play, then you really are scum.
    (I don't think that it's unintentially playing poorly. Honestly, I can't evaluate the chance that any of you are mafia, day one. I am playing a strict RP mafia, however. That is, my decision-making is clear, upfront, and systematic. I think that there are good reasons, and I'll leave them out in the open as much as I can. I prefer to "play against the game" over using intuition, and attempt to provide a strategic outlook, over an intuition-based one. I think, in that case, an upfront decision-making process provides more clarity for the town.)

The post was edited 1 time, last by theunabletable ().

• Half an hour left, if you feel like your current lynch suggestion isn't likely to go anywhere today I'd suggest finding a new home for your vote.

I feel like I've gotten an adequate response from GuardianFIN, and RealmWings has also shown up to make a new contribution and vote, so I'm on the fence about if there's a good place to move at the moment.