GregariousTree votes theunabletable
    Cody votes GuardianFIN
    gerudoyoshi votes Realmwings
    Big Daddy Biggles votes theunabletable
    korokpeach votes GuardianFIN
    Monika votes theunabletable
    theunabletable votes No Lynch)

(On Trial:
    Realmwings 2 votes, (Sabbo, gerudoyoshi)
    Napstablook 1 vote, (zoraluigi)
    gerudoyoshi 1 vote, (GuardianFIN)
    theunabletable 3 votes, (GregariousTree, Big Daddy Biggles, Monika)
    GuardianFIN 2 votes, (Cody, korokpeach)
    No Lynch 1 vote, (theunabletable))

(Those who have cast no vote: Mordred, Romano, Gazooks)

The post was edited 1 time, last by theunabletable ().

• Sorry for the late response - work got super busy all of a sudden.

I thank you Sir Galagher for your response and doing so in such a courteous manner. Rarely do we see that sort of mannerism with people who are on the chopping block.

I was highly considering taking my vote off you.

Until you decided to vote not to lynch.

Regardless of your reasoning, not lynching someone on the first day is not a wise move. We will just start Day 2 down a member and no further ahead. You may argue that our power roles can give us some info. While not wrong, they also risk exposing themselves early and I do not see how that can help us.

I will be here for another hour. Unless I see any reason for doing so, my vote will not change.

Sig & Avvy by Lady Sunshine, the most wonderful girl in the world
  • I had similar list
    Read as follows
    ZU name : DnD Name ; voted
    1. Realm : Aendül Eringoff ; no vote
    2. gerudoyoshi : Kutter ; Aendül
    3. Monika: no name ; The Table
    4. zoraluigi: Catrina ; Kutter
    5. Mordred: Gunnfridr ;
    6. Sabbo: William Notbill ; realm
    7. Fin: Alm ; Kutter
    8. Romano: Venali Whitechurch ; no vote
    9. DLR: Tyranis Thundersack ; The Table
    10. korok: Tredap ; Alm
    11. Gazooks: Al-Neferu ; no vote
    12. Cody: Sasha ; Alm
    13. unabletable: Galagher ; no lynch
    14. Gregarious: quackmire ; The Table

Just for the record, I named myself Alm, short from Alminster Majere
  • theunabletable wrote:

Here, we have so many powers that the usefulness of the lynch is diminished comparatively, and the risks are increased, because of fewer vanilla townies. So I think that a no lynch is the best bet day one, before there's any information.
    Truly a noble sentiment. Except, of course, for the fact that the best way to *get* information is via lynch. If they flip green, we look at who voted for them, who was most ruthless, and especially who hopped on the wagon without much discussion. And if they flip red, then we look at who they voted for, who didn't vote for them, and who if anyone tried to defend them. If no one is lynched, then no one flips, and we start Day 2 down a Townie via Mafia kill and with little else to go on other than who if anyone butted heads with the deceased. And in games I've played in the past, the Mafia has strategically chosen Townies that no one would have suspected to be killed because they're the ones that weren't doing much anyway. So no, I am entirely opposed to a No Lynch vote.
  • We will just start Day 2 down a member and no further ahead. You may argue that our power roles can give us some info. While not wrong, they also risk exposing themselves early and I do not see how that can help us.

This is incoherent. They will expose themself when the time is right, and they have information. If we kill them before they can even utilize their role, then we have gained -nothing- by killing them.

It would be entirely different if we were not such a talented group of people. It's the epitomy of reckless to throwaway the powerful role that any one of our number might play, just to see if they were innocent.

It's a 70% chance that we kill a power role, before they've ever used it. Wait until tomorrow, and everyone's had a chance to use their powers, before killing anybody.

You said it's not wise, but you didn't address my argument at all! That's the standard argument if we were a collection of normal people. We are in an unusual circumstance, where we're all talented and powerful. Wisdom involves considering our circumstances, and how they might differ from our prior experience.
  • So we should be about... an hour and a half out from end of day, so let's get into the next stage of the process.

@Mordred @Romano-British Medli @Dr.Gazooks time to vote.

Also for the reference unabletable as of recent years the standard for voting here has become that a non-vote is a self-vote, which I assume is still the case in this game since it hasn't been mentioned otherwise. (A No Lynch is still a No Lynch, it's specifically non-votes that count as self-votes, so the three that I mentioned)
  • zoraluigi wrote:

If they flip green, we look at who voted for them, who was most ruthless, and especially who hopped on the wagon without much discussion.
    (I played some seven games back in 2013-2015, and not once have I ever seen the vote numbers on day one be used for anything of substance later in the game. The first day is a literal shot in the dark, and no one who was involved in a day 1 bandwagon -ever- looks suspicious.

Now in a normal game, this doesn't carry much risk. But in this game, we're very likely to lose a power role, or, just as bad, prematurely out a significant power role.

I'm generally open to lynching for inactivity. Although consider that our game does have a backup, who can take over if an inactive player is modkilled.)
  • Mordred wrote:

It's been years since you last played, table. The metagame has changed, now everyone is overwhelmingly opposed to no lynching.
    (It was the exact same back then, and those who voted no lynch were frequently killed for no reason. I've never seen an actual mafia do an extended push for no lynch. Perhaps you have some counterevidence of recent games where this happened? Regardless, the metagame that I come from, the day-1 no lynch votes -never- came from mafia, because it was irrationally considered suspicious on policy.

The game being a 3/5 in terms of roles is relevant, though. That's a good point @Cody. I'm not as opposed to a lynch in that case, although Sir Galagher won't deviate from no lynch without a good argument, or unless his life is in danger (because he values his life so as to protect his king at home.))

The post was edited 1 time, last by theunabletable ().

• I'm sort of in a hurry, so I won't do a fancy roleplay post, haha

@theunabletable Gotta be honest, double whammy role claim and no lynch doesn't look great right now, but you did articulate your reasoning well. Sorry if I missed it, but you said you can block any action against you? Is that limited in shots or unlimited?
    A dark chase requires a silent hound, and deep roots are not reached by the frost.
  • theunabletable wrote:

We will just start Day 2 down a member and no further ahead. You may argue that our power roles can give us some info. While not wrong, they also risk exposing themselves early and I do not see how that can help us.
    This is incoherent. They will expose themself when the time is right, and they have information. If we kill them before they can even utilize their role, then we have gained -nothing- by killing them.

It would be entirely different if we were not such a talented group of people. It's the epitomy of reckless to throwaway the powerful role that any one of our number might play, just to see if they were innocent.

It's a 70% chance that we kill a power role, before they've ever used it. Wait until tomorrow, and everyone's had a chance to use their powers, before killing anybody.

You said it's not wise, but you didn't address my argument at all! That's the standard argument if we were a collection of normal people. We are in an unusual circumstance, where we're all talented and powerful. Wisdom involves considering our circumstances, and how they might differ from our prior experience.
    No, actually it is not incoherent. I can't be held accountable if you don't understand the position a no lynch puts us in going forward.

You say that we should trust in you and your abilities but yet you put no faith that the rest of us might have a plan that you are not privy to. You say it is the epitome of reckless to "throw away the powerful role that any one of our number might play". To the untrained eye, yes, it would be reckless. I do not see it this way.

Sig & Avvy by Lady Sunshine, the most wonderful girl in the world