Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
DnD Mafia: You all failed the quest!
  • korokpeach wrote:

    You are among those who currently say the least. Plus you are here now for QUESTion(s)!
    You have already got some answered. That is good. Tell Tredap. You see a few somebodies as suspicious. Who, if pressed... clubbed maybe... do you think deserves your vote at this time? I pass that one to the whole list.
    I am glad to see your input upon helping us catch the person who committed this crime.

    However, I do have a question for you regarding your vote.

    You voted for FIN as you claim they are one of the ones staying the most quiet.

    This seems like an oversight though as there are a few people much more quiet then they yet you choose to focus on FIN.

    Do you have reasoning behind this? Is it but a mere oversight on your part or is there something else going on here that you are working towards?


    Sig & Avvy by Lady Sunshine, the most wonderful girl in the world
  • After making my post I realized what you were meaning by FIN being quiet.

    For the record, dear Tredap, I was not implying you of wrong doing. Merely trying to sort out your line of thought regarding your actions.

    Thank you for your clarification. I do hope the FIN can return soon to help bring more clarity to these uncertain times.


    Sig & Avvy by Lady Sunshine, the most wonderful girl in the world
  • RealmWings wrote:

    Getting caught up in philosophy certainly won't be helping anyone or anything, Quagmire. In a situation of such urgency, we'd all appreciate if you saved your breath.

    RealmWings wrote:

    3: Quagmire, to be frank. In my opinion, those who lack the ability to say something outright aren't doing so for a reason.

    Quagmire rubs his face and drops his mystical demeanor. "Ye gods, I need a drink.

    Yeah, lets be frank boy. Coming from the lad who spreads out his introduction into multiple posts, wastes time getting into an argument about 'Aren't we all killers, really?' and who still has not cast a vote for the day, I think I feel comfortable asking you to save your breath. I was objecting to your apparent callousness at the murder of our comrade, something I find mildly suspicious and perhaps notable for the future. It could have been an innocent remark, I suppose, hence why I cast my vote on the bigger fish. Perhaps read into the context of conversation next time, pal.

    RealmWings wrote:

    Well, now we know who feels incredibly uncomfortable when called a killer even indirectly, and felt a burning need to solidify themselves as non-killers. Anyone who knew they weren't a killer wouldn't think it necessary to say as much, they would simply give evidence in favor of themselves and against others.

    I present the jury of sorts @gerudoyoshi and @GregariousTree. Given that both did this, I see it as likely that only one is actually a killer. GregariousTree merely put me under suspicion, so I doubt guilt in him. Kutter, on the other hand.

    Yeah, I don't particularly enjoy being called a killer. Especially since you fine folks might lynch me if you're of a mind to. Every single one of us is trying to establish that we are not the killer here. That's the point, my excitable friend. Let's imagine for a moment this was a scenario such that most of us were members of a town, with a few members of organized crime secretly sown amongst our midst killing us off one by one. The members of this hypothetical town ought to be doing their damndest to prove that they are acting in the best interests of the town, should they not? If a member of that town were too, I dunno, make multiple posts with rather little substance, show an ambivalence towards the act of murder, make calls for action yet never cast a vote, and identify as his primary suspects two people who called him out specifically, well...

    I would be suspicious of that person. Play the game, lad.

    Big Daddy Biggles wrote:

    [vote]theunabletable[/vote]

    Why do I feel the need to place my vote here? It's simple - I feel they are employing a very bold stratagem, and not one befitting a member who should be as righteous as they claim to be.

    Coming into the group and immediately telling us we shall know of their true alignment in no less then two days does not sit well with me. This feels like a way for a murderer to hide in plain site as they hope people will wait to see if their claim holds true, all the while going on a killing spree and dwindling our numbers.

    The other oddity in this claim is that why even make it as soon as they did? There is no logical reason for it. Why open with that under zero pressure? It makes no sense.

    The nail in the proverbial coffin that is my vote is that following all of that, they when proceed to act as though they are the only one who can dispense justice upon the murderers and as such, we need to follow them blindly and without question (paraphrasing, of course, but my point still stands).

    I follow no one without ample reasoning to do so, in which you have provided me with none.

    Now, Sir Galagher, care to explain why you've taken the actions you have thus far and why we should be putting any sort of trust in your rather shady statements?
    These are essentially the reasons I voted for Sir Gallagher myself. (And why I thought he might be a better suspect than you, @RealmWings) He entered into the proverbial fray early and strong, taking control of the situation and effectively trying to paint himself as a figure of authority above suspicion. Trying to hide something, perhaps?

    An aggressive playstyle that was perhaps only meant to foster conversation, but the way he positioned himself within the framework of the conflict was a cause for alarm. I'd like to hear @'theunabletable''s response, and echo Sasha's remarks that other players ought to roleplay if they can do so while playing the game, but that playing the game necessitates voting which ought to be your priority, folks."

    Quagmire strokes his delicious beard and mutters darkly about kids these days and the damn schools' failures to properly educate them.
    A dark chase requires a silent hound, and deep roots are not reached by the frost.
  • "You are all interesting folk. Can't seem to make up your mind whether you want blood over the dead guy or not. You should either shut up and put your fingers away or I hope eventually you all build up the resolve to do something about your accusations."

    *Monika raises hand* GM, can I have my character casually using her actions to ready the "Dodge" action in the event a bloodbath starts to break out near EOD?
  • Hear, hear, Fin is here.
    First of all, what kind of code you think you see there, @RealmWings ?
    I mean, I myself don't see any code, just was surprised getting that hard "spoken over" and finding out my table of votes was outdated when I posted it.
    And I don't know others, but if I get accused, I would like to hear a reason or two.
    I know, during the first day there is a need to get people talking. Well I am now.
    And then I gave a reason for my absence, just getting home from work I hate, being away from home the time my daugter is awake, exept 1,5h, I feel a need to inform that I won't be present for reasonably big block of time, when US players just start their game.
    So if there is a code, let me know too.
    But sure, we all are free to vote who we want. And to be honesr, I'd like to see more votes being given. Yes, you are not sure. Neither am I and I still vote.
    Unless I missed something (please correct me if I missed) we have still 5 players with no cast vote.
    Realm, Gunnfridr, Romano, Al-Neferu and The Table
  • I count three among us who might like to see me dead. I do not mind, for I am a righteous man and I do not intend to die. Your questions are worthy. I shall address first a general mood expressed by some after I last spoke, and then I will consider what Tyranus "Biggles" Thundersack has said, as a representative of the more serious accusations against me.

    Several of you have asked, "What gives you, Sir Galagher, the right to dispense justice?" To this I say: These are the laws of this land. Murder is prohibited. But I am not the one who dispenses the justice! The accused has the right to a trial by their peers to determine their guilt. In fact, I have no greater power to dispense than any of you! However, I have a strong awareness of justice, and shall not abide by any violence within this camp. As a member of the jury, I will do my part to vote "guilty" to any of yee who attempt to hurt any of us!

    A more serious accusation has been laid, as well. I stand trial against three jurors: Quagmire (Gregarious), Tyranus (Biggles), and Monika. They are clear in their questions.

    Tyranus (Biggles) wrote:

    Why do I feel the need to place my vote here? It's simple - I feel they are employing a very bold stratagem, and not one befitting a member who should be as righteous as they claim to be.

    Coming into the group and immediately telling us we shall know of their true alignment in no less then two days does not sit well with me. This feels like a way for a murderer to hide in plain site as they hope people will wait to see if their claim holds true, all the while going on a killing spree and dwindling our numbers.

    You're correct that I am a bold man! A small glance into my own history shows that I have attempted to solve many a murder-mystery by very bold means! I expect that I am easily the boldest among us.

    I tell you all that my alignment will be clear in time for two reasons: I am a righteous man with nothing to hide, I want only to apprehend the killer, or killers, who have offended us so dearly; and secondly -- and more importantly -- I am a bold man, and I attract much attention. I do not wish for any of our precious resources to be wasted upon me, when my alignment will, hopefully, be clear soon.


    The other oddity in this claim is that why even make it as soon as they did? There is no logical reason for it. Why open with that under zero pressure? It makes no sense.

    I am a man of justice with nothing to hide. We are a very talented group of individuals, all with our own abilities and advantages. The key to defeating our foe is not to speculate wildly, and use our powers and magicks willy nilly! I do not require that anyone else be so forthright about their talents.

    The nail in the proverbial coffin that is my vote is that following all of that, they when proceed to act as though they are the only one who can dispense justice upon the murderers and as such, we need to follow them blindly and without question (paraphrasing, of course, but my point still stands).

    I did not say that -I- dispense justice. This is done by trial in front of God, of which I am merely a juror. But you all understand, now, how I intend to vote as such a juror.


    I hope that this clears it all up. Now as for my accusation in this mess...
    [vote] No Lynch [/vote]

    First, we do not have the evidence to sentence anybody to death! We are fumbling around in the dark, and a knife in the dark cannot dispense justice.

    Secondly, and perhaps of more concern to all of you, we are all so talented that to kill anybody presents a greater risk, than if we were a mere village of townsmen and some kind of small, weak mafia. We are all so powerful that a shot in the dark is far more risky than it would be normally! It would be a horrible loss of talent.

    Also, lastly, I sleep in very interesting circumstances. I close my tent with an ancient, elvish lock. While I sleep, no one will be able to visit me. I intend to get a full nine and a half hours of sleep, uninterupted. Any of you with very incidental concerns can try to get past, if you wish! You can confirm the power of my lock. But I implore the more ambitious of you, any detectives, or medicine-men, say, to utilize your talents elsewhere! And I challenge any killers among you to try your luck at my tent. A locked door may not be all that you find!

    The post was edited 1 time, last by theunabletable ().

  • (A short, out of character post, because a lot of my meaning might be obscured by the excessive roleplay:
    We are in a 5/5 bastard rating, role madness game. Our greatest chance at winning is in the proper usage of our resources. In a standard game, the lynch is one of the only ways to acquire information, with the risk of killing a vanilla townie high, and a power role low. Here, we have so many powers that the usefulness of the lynch is diminished comparatively, and the risks are increased, because of fewer vanilla townies. So I think that a no lynch is the best bet day one, before there's any information.

    Additionally, I'm a Fighter, and I have two powers: A) I will block any action targetting me. B) On day 3+ if I win an encounter role, I'll be a confirmed town.

    I believe that my powers are, early game, more of a liability than a strength, but lategame the ability to survive is powerful. Towards the proper utilization of resources, any exceptionally useful targetted ability should not be wasted on me, such as an investigation or a save. But if someone has something really incidental, they can use it if they wish, to confirm that it will be blocked.

    If the town wants to kill someone inactive, I'm personally okay with that, but Sir Galagher cannot justify going along with it, so the no lynch vote will stand.

    Edit: Also, I am not asking for anyone else to role-claim. Most roles are best kept secret at first. But I think that the town does best to know my abilities as soon as possible. I could have wasted a mafia kill, but in all my time playing mafia, I've never been killed early, because I'm talkative and ZU towns looooved killing talkative people. I always make it to the end, and get lynched. I think that my automatic blocking, if hidden, introduces chaos into the game, which is antithetical to our goals as town.)

    The post was edited 2 times, last by theunabletable ().