Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
DnD Mafia: You all failed the quest!
  • Getting caught up in philosophy certainly won't be helping anyone or anything, Quagmire. In a situation of such urgency, we'd all appreciate if you saved your breath. Now, we've all hidden behind introductions long enough. We're all going answer some questions, and then decide who dies.

To begin with:

What should our priorities be day 1?

What should our priorities be going into the future?

Who do you find most suspicious and why?

In answer to myself, I would say that

1: We need to make a kill. Obviously sitting around does nothing, so even a self kill is information.

2: We need to force the killers to make a move.

3: Quagmire, to be frank. In my opinion, those who lack the ability to say something outright aren't doing so for a reason.
  • [vote]GuardianFIN[/vote]

Sorry it’s been a busy day so far so I haven’t have much time to kickstart things. My general opinion is always that it’s hard for the game to start on the first day when we don’t have everyone voting yet. The interesting part of the day comes when the initial round of votes are in and the people under pressure start negotiating for the game to go elsewhere.

So, people should vote! I plan to be back before end of day.
  • Acting in the “voice” of your character is something people should be encouraged to do, but in moderation. As we tend to find in other character-based Mafia games, full-on fanfiction where nobody mentions voting or the game will stunt the game.

In other words I plan to be my character Sasha with the understanding that she understands the rules of the game, the same way it works when we do an anon game. If we were playing an Ace Attorney Mafia I would be Godot trying to find the killer, not Godot writing a series of short stories about drinking coffee.

I’d suggest that people look at the alignment and personality they gave themselves, and play a game of Mafia with those personality traits in mind and sometimes a bit of flavour added in.
  • @Romano-British Medli What do you mean "what do you mean"? *Kutter knocks her hand on your breastplate*

I mean that I am not a killer, but I would not hesitate to take out any one of you if you were a killer. *points knife at Eringoff* Why shouldn't we kill you, killer?

[vote]@RealmWings[/vote]

pronouns: it/its or squi/squir
    ask me about my LGBTA+ and nonbinary Discord servers.

The post was edited 1 time, last by gerudoyoshi ().

• Well, now we know who feels incredibly uncomfortable when called a killer even indirectly, and felt a burning need to solidify themselves as non-killers. Anyone who knew they weren't a killer wouldn't think it necessary to say as much, they would simply give evidence in favor of themselves and against others.

I present the jury of sorts @gerudoyoshi and @GregariousTree. Given that both did this, I see it as likely that only one is actually a killer. GregariousTree merely put me under suspicion, so I doubt guilt in him. Kutter, on the other hand.
  • RealmWings wrote:

Well, now we know who feels incredibly uncomfortable when called a killer even indirectly, and felt a burning need to solidify themselves as non-killers. Anyone who knew they weren't a killer wouldn't think it necessary to say as much, they would simply give evidence in favor of themselves and against others.
    The silver-haired girl kicks up one leg over the other. "I could get behind- well... Rogues are not really ones to be trusted since you can never trust their intentions side with your own. Shade is only cast by light, and your own introduction managed to produce both."
  • Cody wrote:

I’d suggest that people look at the alignment and personality they gave themselves, and play a game of Mafia with those personality traits in mind and sometimes a bit of flavour added in.
    So basically my goal will be to try to not die.
    That's.... basically what my playstyle used to be like.

(these days I mostly try to be useful before/during my death but I feel like a throwback to classic Kay might be fun)
  • *A brief RP introduction*

"With all this squabbling and noise, it's no wonder one of our own was murdered without anyone noticing."

Making his way back to the camp from patrolling the perimeter, a man of impressive stature joins the conversation.

"I am Tyranis Thundersack." A slight breeze picked up at the moment, making his vibrant, yet unkempt, blonde hair and beard flow with it for a short time.

"Should we continue to bicker like this, yet another of our party shall face the same fate."

His piercing green eyes surveying the other members of the party.

"As of right now, none of us are above suspicion, not even myself. We must prove ourselves to not be heartless murderers."

[vote]theunabletable[/vote]

Why do I feel the need to place my vote here? It's simple - I feel they are employing a very bold stratagem, and not one befitting a member who should be as righteous as they claim to be.

Coming into the group and immediately telling us we shall know of their true alignment in no less then two days does not sit well with me. This feels like a way for a murderer to hide in plain site as they hope people will wait to see if their claim holds true, all the while going on a killing spree and dwindling our numbers.

The other oddity in this claim is that why even make it as soon as they did? There is no logical reason for it. Why open with that under zero pressure? It makes no sense.

The nail in the proverbial coffin that is my vote is that following all of that, they when proceed to act as though they are the only one who can dispense justice upon the murderers and as such, we need to follow them blindly and without question (paraphrasing, of course, but my point still stands).

I follow no one without ample reasoning to do so, in which you have provided me with none.

Now, Sir Galagher, care to explain why you've taken the actions you have thus far and why we should be putting any sort of trust in your rather shady statements?

Sig & Avvy by Lady Sunshine, the most wonderful girl in the world
  • Aye, Questions were asked, I add in my own voice
    What should our priorities be day 1?
    Lynch, no free kill for killers!
    What should our priorities be going into the future?
    Finding out the killer/s
    Who do you find most suspicious and why?
    I personally feel unsure about this mighty dragon slaying hero
    Why so pompous, taking the lead and drawing attention to himself. He is digging his own grave with his fancy words. The Table had one good question tho. Do we have any information about the dead member of the band?
    Kutter, suspicious with his knife.
    Gunnfridr, staying away from everything and still applying for such adventure. And because Mordred
    Korokpeach, here to find a killer, manic laughter and poof, gone he is
  • GuardianFIN wrote:

The Table had one good question tho. Do we have any information about the dead member of the band?
    Sadly, this is not a good question.

Simply put, it was flavor and nothing more. Trying to tie anyone to the random person (and by random I mean character who isn't actually in the game as a role or player) among us who was killed is a waste of time.

I feel a lot of Sir Galagher's bluster comes from his character being a high ranking knight, thus giving himself an inflated ego.

Whether this is justified or not remains to be seen.

Sig & Avvy by Lady Sunshine, the most wonderful girl in the world
  • GuardianFIN wrote:

Shield-cat with sandals. How can you help? What you do?
    My name is Ar-Neferu and as any other priestess of Bast have been trained to fight and trained to heal the fallen.

Many have cast their lot to lynch someone, but i, as a great feline would, corcle her prey and catch it at the best time (I dunno who to vote for yet :dazed: )
  • Big Daddy Biggles wrote:

Tyranis Thundersack
    (Heh heh. Thunder.)

Time, action nOw! I live to not get stabbed in the middle of nighttime, and I'm sure some people don't either. We have many sus...

Tredap trails off a little as if finding the correct words to convey their thoughts. Turning their back briefly to face the others, they eventually produce a small piece of torn parchment, upon which is crudely written a little over a dozen names, including their own.

GM Sol Guy wrote:

1. Realm
    2. Lys
    3. Monika
    4. zoraluigi
    5. Mordred
    6. Sabbo
    7. Fin
    8. Romano
    9. DLR
    10. korok
    11. Gazooks
    12. Cody
    13. unabletable
    14. Gregarious
    Everyone here. The pee-ple I trust the least are the most quietest. Murderers don't like it when they have to talk, especially when others can do for them. Stay quiet and feel the mighty power of Tredap's club. Though, admit I do, comes out more with time.

[vote]GuardianFIN[/vote]

You are among those who currently say the least. Plus you are here now for QUESTion(s)!
    You have already got some answered. That is good. Tell Tredap. You see a few somebodies as suspicious. Who, if pressed... clubbed maybe... do you think deserves your vote at this time? I pass that one to the whole list.
  • I take your correction as it is.
    I just thought, if there was more to this, but I guess this far there is nothing to prove you wrong.

I struggle atm a bit keeping up who has said what and what's important.
    Atm I have just who voted who and names.
    Took some time, but Lys is Napstablook/gerudoyoshi/Kutter?
    Anyways.
    If I got it right:
    Votes for:
    Realm: Kutter, Notbill
    Kutter: Catrina,Fin
    The Table: Quackmire, Tyranis
    Fin: Sasha
    Not yet cast a vote:
    Realm, Monika, Gunnfridr, Whitechurch, korok, Al-Neferu, Quackmire