Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    *Health/Fitness/Wellness 2019*
    • There is a doughnut in my refrigerator.

There is a doughnut in my refrigerator.

THERE IS A DOUGHNUT IN MY REFRIGERATOR.
      When the gods drave me forth to toil and assailed me with thirst and beat me down with hunger, then I prayed to the gods. When the gods smote the cities wherein I dwelt, and when Their anger scorched me and Their eyes burned, then did I praise the gods and offer sacrifice. But when I came again to my green land and found that all was gone, and the old mysterious haunts wherein I prayed as a child were gone, and when the gods tore up the dust and even the spider's web from the last remembered nook, then did I curse the gods, speaking it to Their faces, saying:—

"Gods of my prayers! Gods of my sacrifice! because Ye have forgotten the sacred places of my childhood, and they have therefore ceased to be, yet may I not forget. Because Ye have done this thing, Ye shall see cold altars and shall lack both my fear and praise. I shall not wince at Your lightnings, nor be awed when Ye go by."

Time and the Gods
    • It's been 5 weeks and I haven't dropped any weight at all.

I don't only use the scale to mark progress but visually I haven't seen a difference either.

I go to the gym 4x a week, for about 45 min, doing resistance exercises, cardio, and weight training.
      My diet is very good. I'm between 1,000-1,200 calories a day, mostly eating veggies, fruit, nuts, some lean meats, egg, and sometimes yogurt with granola. I rarely eat anything else and if I do its a little bit here and there (1x meal a week, like, having a cube of chocolate or a handful of cheddar bunnies)

All I drink is water, and a small coffee in the morning with a splash of milk and 1-2 cubes of sugar. Occasionally one glass of red wine.

Anyone have any advice or explanations? Do i just need to continue and -weight- it out? Usually when I adhere to this type of schedule I notice a difference in the first 3 weeks and drop 1lb/week.

I sleep usually 7-8 hours a night. I'm not -too- stressed? Help!

"Defense against the dark farts, am I right?" -Pennington
      | This spot reserved for Dark Link Reigns |

• -You could do a water flush and see if you're just holding onto water which could mask things you'd normally see visually. Cutting back on sodium, carbs, or anything that's going to make you hold water will help you here. If you're extremely sure you're in a calorie deficit, I'd do this first

-Cut back on cardio for a few days or atleast switch to Low Intensity Cardio and see if that helps flush it out. I know this sounds counter productive, but frequent cardio can signal your body to hold onto water more

-You could also have a refeed meal, then cut calories again. Sometimes this works for women to break through a plateau.

-Or, you can just keep grinding for a few more weeks and see if it comes off the scale. If it doesn't, then you'll need to reanalyze what you're eating and make sure you're in a caloric deficit.

----

The unorthodox method of flushing water weight is a couple shots of vodka (lean alchol, don't use wine lol) then weighing/looking at yourself in the morning. Ignore the hangover.
    • Hey LS what’s your sodium intake like? You could be holding water. It sounds like you eat really healthy so this probably isn’t it but just a thought (some healthy soups tend to have a high sodium content, etc).

Usually it takes about 2 weeks of healthy eating/exercise to see a difference, maybe your low calorie intake is making your body want to hoard fat? Another option would be to up your caloric intake by 100-200/day and see if that works.
    • wouldn't say it's above normal. I use salt in things, but not much at all. But I'll take a closer look and see if theres anything that has more than I think.

I could try that. I'll give it a few more weeks and if things don't change I'll try switching it up and trying you your/rambo's suggestions.

"Defense against the dark farts, am I right?" -Pennington
      | This spot reserved for Dark Link Reigns |

• I’ve been feeling a bit unfocused in the gym the last month or so. I used to be able to really amp myself up before a heavy lift, and always knew it was show time when I’d get that chill down my back (makes the weight shoot up).

Nearly on-command chills/adrenaline, but I’m honestly feeling bored now. I’ve been doing low weight/high reps which feels good for a pump, but progress is coming very slow at this point.
    • I’ll be honest with you guys, I havent been to the gym nor have I been eating the right foods like I should for the last 2 weeks. It’s mostly been sandwiches, and cashews.

I went to the store last night to fill up my fridge with the foods that I’ve normally been eating and decided to make a stew tonight and some tuna salad. I will go back to the gym either tonight or tomorrow, it’s not that I don’t have the motivation, I just have a lot of busy things going on.
    • At my last doctor's appointment my doctor was concerned about my blood pressure, but at yesterday's appointment he was pleased that I had gotten it right where it should be with diet and exercise. He even seem impressed, saying that not many people would be able to stick to the changes I've made. A comment intended as positive reinforcement? Maybe.
      When the gods drave me forth to toil and assailed me with thirst and beat me down with hunger, then I prayed to the gods. When the gods smote the cities wherein I dwelt, and when Their anger scorched me and Their eyes burned, then did I praise the gods and offer sacrifice. But when I came again to my green land and found that all was gone, and the old mysterious haunts wherein I prayed as a child were gone, and when the gods tore up the dust and even the spider's web from the last remembered nook, then did I curse the gods, speaking it to Their faces, saying:—

"Gods of my prayers! Gods of my sacrifice! because Ye have forgotten the sacred places of my childhood, and they have therefore ceased to be, yet may I not forget. Because Ye have done this thing, Ye shall see cold altars and shall lack both my fear and praise. I shall not wince at Your lightnings, nor be awed when Ye go by."

Time and the Gods

The post was edited 1 time, last by Vulpes ().

• Hey HFW, just did a 20 min cardio session to start the day—even if you only have 20 mins for yourself today just take that time and do something you’d be proud of. Whether that’s cardio, abs, meal prep so you’re eating healthier. Just take that time and feel good knowing you’re taking a step in the right direction.

Also update: it’s day 7 without sweets, and while those first few days killed me, right now I’m feeling good! I don’t have those sugar cravings as much or to the same extent, and eating some fruit helps keep them in check.
    • Winnie wrote:

@Colu it is SO hard! I gave myself 3 “waivers” to help me get through it: I can eat fruit, protein shakes, and yogurt. So maybe if you’re starting to get cranky like I did subbing out something like that could help? How long are you giving it up for?
      fruit is always allowed for me, so I can stem some of the cravings with that! I used to always have yogurt (with my fruit) but I haven’t felt like it for ages, otherwise I’d be allowed to have that as well.
      Long enough for me to regain control! I’ve been **extremely** bad lately. Sadly, it also means that I’m not allowed to do any baking for the next couple weeks. The temptation is too much uuuggghhh
      Come check out the new book club! The Do Over Book Club
    • I made the yummiest things this morning

I used those silicon cupcake plates for this

I filled each cup with spinach, egg whites, tomatoes, avocados, paprika, and topped it with some sriracha sauce for more of a kick

best breakfast I had in forever omg, I ate about 4 before I had to call it quits