Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    *Health/Fitness/Wellness 2019*
    • Google “TDEE Calculator” and enter the required info (height, weight, gender, activity level).

EDIT

The app I use is MyFitnessPal, it’s a simple calorie tracker that’s really easy and quick to use. Don’t bother tracking the exercises portion, these apps are notorious for overestimating how much you’re actually burning. Best bet is to figure out your daily needs, and add or subtract a few hundred calories per day for a couple weeks and see how accurate it is. If the scale didn’t move, adjust it a bit more. The TDEE calculator is just to get you in the ballpark.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Bartimaeus Sex ().

• A new tidbit for my morning routine has been listening to the Ed Mylett podcast. It's just a good way to fuel my mind in the right way before starting the day.

I listened to his interview with Charlie Rocket today. This guy became a young record manager for a couple of highly successful rappers, quit it, then went on to become a Nike athlete losing +100 lbs from an original 310 pounds.

It's not all about weight loss, but I absolutely loved the mentality behind this guy. He thinks about new challenges in terms of "I'll figure it out" including what it took to get himself in the right mind to lose that amount of weight.

It's an hour long, but if you need a new listen, here you go. I'd recommend the rest of the podcast as well.

open.spotify.com/episode/0qRi6…si=wUz3ZR8xRaOoDQgL9UcFlg

The post was edited 1 time, last by Rambo ().

• Bartimaeus Sex wrote:

Google “TDEE Calculator” and enter the required info (height, weight, gender, activity level).

EDIT

The app I use is MyFitnessPal, it’s a simple calorie tracker that’s really easy and quick to use. Don’t bother tracking the exercises portion, these apps are notorious for overestimating how much you’re actually burning. Best bet is to figure out your daily needs, and add or subtract a few hundred calories per day for a couple weeks and see how accurate it is. If the scale didn’t move, adjust it a bit more. The TDEE calculator is just to get you in the ballpark.
      Thank you! This is very helpful :)
      Come check out the new book club! The Do Over Book Club
    • @Bartimaeus Sex that gym looks just like a gym I'd love to go.
      Not these "fitness studios" like we have in every second crossing
      I'd love to go back to old school gym again.
      Then again, I'm stuck to unhealthy habbits atm anyway and don't get myself back in line.
      I know I eat wrong, too much white sugar in form of daily energy drinks, sweets, no fruits, very seldomly vegetables, I don't do sports. Evenings after the kid is in bed, I just lay in bed or on the sofa, reading, playing and browsing ZU mainly.
      I keep telling myself "tomorrow, tonight, next week, later"
      I'm getting 33 this year. I probably should somehow hammer it to my head, there is no later anymore. I make it every now and then to quit energy drinks and sweets for a week or so, then I succumb to the habbits again, I get stressed, angry or sad and buy sweets and sweet drinks.
      I also know it's not anymore in my control, I lie to my wife about it, buy sweets and energy drinks behind her back at work. This far at least with my own pocket money, at least this far I haven't stolen the common money.
      And I am a master of lying to myself and making excuses.
      Any tips, tricks or advices, how to get out of this vicious cycle?
    • ^ That is rather hard to break out of :/
      I was in kind of the same boat while I was studying. Buying snacks and such, that is. Habits that bring a sense of comfort aren't easy, especially when they include something as addictive as sugar. The main thing is willpower. I found it easier after I started working out a bit, since I then had the mentality of wanting to make the most of it, rather than using it as an excuse to eat sweets. That helped me to cut down on/out the sugary snacks at least.

It might also inspire you to eat healthier in general, if you've exerted yourself and don't want the effort to go to waste.
    • @GuardianFIN

The best way for me to implement a new habit is to mentally make it a part of my routine, like brushing your teeth or taking a shower. I started thinking of it as a doctor appointment or something I wouldn’t just NOT GO because I didn’t feel like it. Also if there’s any possibility of going from work straight to the gym, that makes it a lot easier. Don’t let yourself get comfortable haha.

I’m pretty good at starting new habits if I want to, but terrible about cutting out bad ones, especially if they’re something that’s become part of my routine already (related to my first comment).
    • Last October, a friend and I took a bike ride from Milwaukee to Madison. This was our second time doing this trail, but the first was almost ten years ago.

This time around, we were much better prepared. It was a great time.

I'd like to plan another epic bike ride eventually. Or perhaps a half marathon.

Otherwise, I've just been staying the course. I've been doing more or less the same workout routine for many years. Every now and then, I'll try to ramp things up, experience a modicum of rapid progress, and then life or other circumstances will get in the way and I'll return to my set point.

Of course, it is always good to strive for better. But I am proud of my consistency. I've always treated my health as one of my most important assets.

Post by Aureliana ().

This post was deleted by Winnie: Spam ().
    • Hey guys! Just knocked out a workout with my favorite instructor Cody. If all you have is 20 or 30 mins today, that’s fine! Just take that time for yourself and do it! A few inspirational words from him to brighten your Friday:

“You have two options: savage or fucking savage, there is no other option!”

“Go fast boo, fast like you just saw your ex at the mall and want to get out of there.”

“And of course my favorite: you have 30 seconds to get your life together.”

I love that last one because it’s not like committing to working out means you have to give 100% your whole time and not enjoy it. Work hard but take a second to breathe, fix that ponytail, towel off that sweat, enjoy the song you’re listening to. Taking that time is a nice reminder to enjoy the journey and where you’re at now!
    • Hey guys! What are you up to this weekend?

Right now I’m wrapping up my Saturday morning workout, headed to get groceries, and later today going to a friends house to watch a gymnastics meet on tv. It’s her thing and a bunch of us are going over so it’ll be fun!

This week my focus is on diet. I’ve got my motivation back to go to the gym and now I need to pair it with eating right!
    • Hey guys! Been a while since I've posted in this thread. I'm still doing well with my fitness, my weight training is coming along nicely and every few weeks I'm able to step it up a gear.

I haven't been cycling for a while, mainly because my favourite trail has been closed for maintenance, but I hope to get back to it soon. I've got a week and a half off work soon and the trail should be open again by then so I'll hopefully be able to fit in a few rides.

And I'm just so much happier and more confident in my body! After a lifetime of being unfit and overweight, I'm finally happy with the way my body looks, and it's a great feeling. A side effect is that I'm now putting a lot more time and effort into personal grooming. I like my body now so I may as well take some pride in it.

I hope to start swimming soon. I used to enjoy it as a kid but I haven't been since I was about 14. I've wanted to try again for a while but confidence was an issue. A year or two ago taking my shirt off in public would have been out of the question. But hopefully during my time off work I'll find time to give it a go!
    • I couldn’t walk home for the last two days this week because of, uuuuugggggghhhh, chafing. Pair of my pants ripped in the thighs and caused irritation. I was stupid and walked home anyway. Now I pay the price! So those pants are in the garbage haha.

I’m kind of looking forward to nicer weather. My coworker lives in the same-ish area as me, and has asked if she can try the walk with me when it’s nicer out. We have a ton of fun at work together and it might be nice having a walking companion sometimes.
      Come check out the new book club! The Do Over Book Club