Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    DnD Mafia - zoraluigi but with a dead pun
    • @‘Sabbo’ definitely could’ve used a bit more tweaking but I figure that everything worked out mostly okay. If a revive had been used you would’ve been sitting 4-3 with a confirmed red zora from your cop, and I had other things in play that may have helped out town. Mafia just ended things fast with that kill.

I might have changed the kill to a poisoner, maybe, but I really liked having a role that was able to do something besides it’s x-shot. If it was a 2-shot then it 100% doesn’t get a roleblock tacked on but that’s not feasible in a game this small, haha.

@‘theunabletable’ I have other setups that are more ready to play than this one was (most of my setups are made months in advance, while I just kinda thought of this and made it in two weeks to play), and if I do run one then I’m leaning towards a 48 hour cycle. I’m not sure what slowing the game down further will do, though. Like taking out the consideration of time this game was fairly inactive and I don’t really see that changing with longer cycles - if anything it might be the reverse, haha.
    • Sabbo wrote:

This game was weird to me to play because I was more suspicious of other players than usual. The question of town reads and scum reads was hard for me, and it usually isn't (Day 1 aside). Everybody to me was in a state of "They seem like mafia, but not extremely? I might be being paranoid for this one."
      I realized after rereading my readlist yesterday that everyone boiled down to "idk lol."

@GregariousTree thank you. I messaged Sol on Day Two I think saying something to the effect of "wow, I'm playing more Townish as Mafia than I do as Town" which was interesting to note. It's mostly just that I tend to lurk. Something I definitely did a lot of in this game, except that not much happened between my posts so it maybe didn't stick out as much? But then, Sabbo and Fin were on to me so who knows.
    • Yeah you were like a... 7/10 mafia to me, where most people were 6/10. Cody was 3 and Gazooks was 1. unabletable was 5; I really thought it could go either way.

goronmario wrote:

@‘Sabbo’ definitely could’ve used a bit more tweaking but I figure that everything worked out mostly okay. If a revive had been used you would’ve been sitting 4-3 with a confirmed red zora from your cop, and I had other things in play that may have helped out town. Mafia just ended things fast with that kill.

I might have changed the kill to a poisoner, maybe, but I really liked having a role that was able to do something besides it’s x-shot. If it was a 2-shot then it 100% doesn’t get a roleblock tacked on but that’s not feasible in a game this small, haha.
      I'm sorry, but this doesn't really make up for the setup as a whole. I appreciate you explaining it, but to refute:

A 14 player game shouldn't be able to end on Night 3 unless there is a Serial Killer. As much as you can say "if a revive was used" I can say "if the summon was used", which has the same results as the starting position except for one of the town players being publicly known.

A 2x townie poisoner instead of the vig would have been fine, but the mafia strongman/roleblocker should absolutely not have been a poisoner of any variation. They simply should never have had a second kill in the first place, potentially barring an item you give out since those were effectively random (although I'd likely have issue with that too :P).
    • I viewed the second Maf kill as a deterrent to the town having two protections, two investigation roles and an oracle, a revive/rolecop/lie detect, along with a kill of it's own; add to that you have an Ascetic who also functions as a role that gains information about the setup every night they are targeted. Because of how the game played out basically none of this became relevant, but I'd argue that a better day game would have shifted things greatly in the favor of the town. I do think that it should have been a poison shot, but I don't agree that the existence of the kill shifts the balance of power that dramatically when we're already looking at a town with a good amount of weapons on it's side.
    • Also, Sabbo, the summon was only usable under a set amount of conditions. Not only did GregariousTree need to be dead, but Mordred needed to be alive, and Mordred had to realize that "Stump summon" meant that Gregarious would be revived as a Mafia player. Quite a few factors involved and it's not something that's feasible until at least Night 3. Whereas the Revive was usable immediately and could have been used Night 1 to revive your Tracker as a confirmed townie.
    • It wasn't two protections, it was one protection and one kill diversion. Investigation roles are the counterbalance to misinformation, not to killing roles, and the Ascetic being a reflexive rolecop is not relevant either. (although also broken). While yes, the town absolutely should have played better, the game was still *far* too small to have a mafia with two kills even if it was only one night.

One team being broken doesn't mean the other team should be made broken, it means that first team should be made unbroken. (and I speak of this in both directions)
    • Thanks on my behalf too @goronmario
      Inactive it was, but I tried. I don't push that effectively yet but at least I'm one more game more experienced.
      I found Cody shady all game, but as I mentioned, he didn't give enough reason to be sure. My suspicions turned elsewhere. Realm flipped green but I was still suspicious, but can't pinpoint the reason(s)
      Zoraluigi truly swam under my Scumdar and I just got suspicious enough on D3, thanks Sabbo' reasoning.
      Thanks for all the players too, better town next time
    • Sorry town. Good game mafia.

I was hesitant to use my revive. After Gazooks claimed doctor I basically held onto it to revive him once he died (which I thought would be soon but they seemed to have bought his self protection thing).

I used my role cop on korokpeach the night she died so that ended up being wasted.

I used my lie detect this last night which was also wasted.

I figured we had at least one more night to work with which was why I held off using my revive to see if Gazooks would be killed.

My lack of presence on Day 2 likely didn't help things out either.

Sig & Avvy by Lady Sunshine, the most wonderful girl in the world
      Come check out our little business - Birdie B Bath Bombs