Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    • Zelda
    • Lets Play
    Big Daddy Biggles Plays ZOOTR (Zelda Ocarina of Time Randomizer)
    • You can't reach the Forest Temple with just bombs and/or the silver scale, since the point Mido blocks is after that; you'll need one of the songs.

That tower at the far end of the ranch can be solved by moving exactly one block once, by the way. :P

Times you ran into Dampe's fire: 4

How does the diving minigame attempt to run a profit? Only zoras can usually get there, and there's always more rupees thrown down that what you pay to play. Ignoring the blupee. :P
    • I just finished watching and I've gotta say you're still doing a great job commentating so far. @Big Daddy Biggles. You've also fixed the uh's you did before so that's good too. Keep up the good work!

Tru Universe|Cat Midna Avatar and Signature by The Twilight Princess. Check out her art thread here!

The post was edited 1 time, last by TruEdge67 ().

• Ya, rewatching I realized the Goron City entrance comes out right where Mido is standing so you definitely need one of those two songs.

Lol, I have no excuse for that mess of a block puzzle.

That is by far the worst run I've ever had during that race. I also feel like he was just tossing out fire like crazy too.

I've always wondered that myself. You pay 20 but end up collecting 25. Clearly Zora's have so much money they literally just toss it away over waterfalls.

Sig & Avvy by Lady Sunshine, the most wonderful girl in the world
      Come check out our little business - Birdie B Bath Bombs
    • TruEdge67 wrote:

I just finished watching and I've gotta say you're still doing a great job commentating so far. @Big Daddy Biggles. You've also fixed the uh's you did before so that's good too. Keep up the good work!
      Thanks! I tried to watch that a lot more this time and I feel like I did better on that front.

There's a few more things I heard myself doing that I want to work on going forward but glad to know there is some improvement happening!

• I encountered a rather interesting set of randomization rules a couple of days ago. Which is to say I haven't downloaded whatever program does the randomization and thus never explored it, but youtube is useful. It was advertised as the maximum possible randomization.

All of the following are added to the randomization pool and can be anywhere, including the normal and not normal areas: Equipable items and upgrades (ie. the normal stuff), small keys and boss keys (including Gerudo Fortress and Training Grounds), all stones & medallions (randomized between each other), all twelve songs (scarecrow's song is normal), all skulltula tokens (rewards are also randomized, except 100 tokens), all shop items (normal shops only; left side has random anything at random predefined prices, and the right is random shop items at normal prices), and all business scrub items (so you'd need to buy from every scrub - everything costs 10 - to be able to check all items. Plus the dungeons were randomly master quest (or not). This person also turned progression logic off, but since I don't like a lot of glitches I don't like logic off.
    • I might have to do that as my next playthrough (I'm going to do a different game after this one then likely come back to do the full randomizer).
      That sounds amazing though.

While I'm here - quick update. I have the third episode recorded, just trying to find time to sit and get through editing. Should have it done soon though.

• K... so I promise the episode will be up tonight.

I got it all edited last night and rendered but by the time it was all done it was just about midnight and I just didn't have it in me to stay up and post it.

Editing took awhile longer this time as I was trying to play with some settings only to ultimately not be able to get them to work just like I wanted so I scrapped the idea and moved on.

Going to have to do a bit more learning as this is the first professional-type video editing software I've ever used so a lot of it is still foreign to me.

• The mask don't even give something else even in the maximum randomization.

...It's been a long time since I was that bad at the shooting minigames (horseback archery notwithstanding; that sucks). What kind of controller are you using?

20 rupees plus a bundle of arrows? It's telling you that you need to get better at the archery game. :P

Honest criticism: Not a fan of the regular profanity. Occasional swearing as punctuation can be fine, but doing it too much cheapens the effect without adding meaning. (I consider this true for normal speech as well as youtube videos. Text too, but to a different degree.)

Deku sticks are equal in strength to the Master Sword. (which are each half the strength of the Biggoron Sword)

Surprised you didn't do the crouchstab technique against Gohma.

Here's the breakdown of what the medallions and such do:
      Display Spoiler
      Emerald+Ruby+Sapphire = Ocarina of Time
      Forest = Prelude of Light
      Fire+Water = Nocturne of Shadow
      Spirit+Shadow = Light Arrows
      Light+Forest+Fire+Water+Spirit+Shadow = Rainbow Bridge

The 50 rupees the frogs give are predefined in the same way as the mask trading.
    • Sabbo wrote:

The mask don't even give something else even in the maximum randomization.

I wasn't quite sure to be honest lol.

Sabbo wrote:

...It's been a long time since I was that bad at the shooting minigames (horseback archery notwithstanding; that sucks). What kind of controller are you using?

20 rupees plus a bundle of arrows? It's telling you that you need to get better at the archery game. :P

Oh man, I told you guys I was terrible at it lol. I'm using a N64 USB controller. I wanted to run through this playing with a proper controller versus a more modern day one.

The game is going to be sorely disappointed in my lack of getting better then lol.

Sabbo wrote:

Honest criticism: Not a fan of the regular profanity. Occasional swearing as punctuation can be fine, but doing it too much cheapens the effect without adding meaning. (I consider this true for normal speech as well as youtube videos. Text too, but to a different degree.)

Ya, it's something I need to work on. I used to play a lot of games with my buddy when we lived together and we would swear like sailors and it has just kind of stuck. It's a habit I know I need to break. As I was editing it I knew this would be some feedback. Definitely something I plan to work on going forward.

Sabbo wrote:

Deku sticks are equal in strength to the Master Sword. (which are each half the strength of the Biggoron Sword)

This I did not know.

Sabbo wrote:

Surprised you didn't do the crouchstab technique against Gohma.

So here's the thing - no idea what that is lol. I honestly am not like pro at OoT. I've played enough to know where most things are and that's about it lol. Most of these tricks and advanced things are completely foreign to me so don't expect anything super amazing in that regards lol.

Sabbo wrote:

Here's the breakdown of what the medallions and such do:
      Display Spoiler
      Emerald+Ruby+Sapphire = Ocarina of Time
      Forest = Prelude of Light
      Fire+Water = Nocturne of Shadow
      Spirit+Shadow = Light Arrows

I was actually thinking about that this morning. Thanks for posting this as it makes it easier to know what I need to progress.

Sabbo wrote:

The 50 rupees the frogs give are predefined in the same way as the mask trading.

Also did not know this. Like I said, there are just a bunch of things where I know where they are and that's about the extent of it lol.

Thanks for the feedback Sabbo. I appreciate you being straight with me as it will help me learn going forward and honestly that's the biggest thing I want to accomplish with this let's play.

• Monika wrote:

After watching Big Daddy Biggles try his hand at the archery range so many times, I feel a lot better about the future of Hyrule. :cookiemonster:

Were you able to make a spoiler log or something for your randomizer? I would love to see it either while watching you play or after everything's said and done. :3nod
      If by feel a lot better about it's future you mean everyone will be dressed as Gerudo then ya, I'm well on the way to accomplishing that!

I'm going to say no simply because I'm not sure what you mean by spoiler log lol

Lady Sunshine wrote:

Carving out special DLR tome tonight in bed with some tea to watch this. I cannot wait.
      <3

• Sabbo wrote:

I mean this kinda depends on the settings of the randomizer. The "vanilla" requirements are just that you have the light arrows and have seen the cutscene where you would normally get the light arrows (which, by extension, just means you really need the Shadow Medallion and Spirit Medallion). In my randomizer I had it set to vanilla and ended up running my head into the ground until I realized I could enter Ganon's Castle despite my inability to complete 1/3 of the dungeons.

Big Daddy Biggles wrote:

I'm going to say no simply because I'm not sure what you mean by spoiler log lol
      Some randomizers let you create a "spoiler log", which is just a text file that tells you where everything is in the game, but it's not something required to make. Either way, I know I'll be more excited than you after pumping 100 rupees into a minigame just to get a deku nut. :v:
    • Monika wrote:

Big Daddy Biggles wrote:

Some randomizers let you create a "spoiler log", which is just a text file that tells you where everything is in the game, but it's not something required to make. Either way, I know I'll be more excited than you after pumping 100 rupees into a minigame just to get a deku nut. :v:
      Ahh. Then no, at least of my own accord I did not create one of those. I do believe that if you talk to the gossip stones it tells you where to find some items. I am not going to be doing that lol