Forums
Guides
Features
Media
Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    The ZUCast 2018 Hub
    • Welcome to the ZUCast Hub, in this thread you can find links to current episodes of the podcast, as well as discuss the episodes with other fans.

Now what is the ZU Cast? It's a podcast comprised of a series of segments that range from discussion of the Zelda series to the Zelda forums and communities. These segments range in tone from serious analysis to comedic hijinks , so there's really something for everyone regardless of your mood. And its compiled and hosted by the hard working staff of ZU.

-If you'd like to be a part of the podcast you can send a message to @EzloSpirit and they'll get back to you. We need volunteers for a variety of jobs to help make the podcast great, so we'll be sure to find a role for you!

-As you all know the ZU Podcast has returned this year after several years of lying dormant. The forum and main site have changed a lot since then so we're very opened to all suggestion you may have on how to improve the podcast and make it more appealing to us forumites, we're also interested in general discussion and feedback about each episode.

Episode archive (we may add classic episodes later, but for the sake of simplicity we're listing the first episode of this rebirth of the podcast as "episode 1" even though it factually isn't):

Episode 1
      Episode 2
      Episode 3
      Episode 4

Thanks to all those who make the ZUCast possible:
      Alex Rosenberg: General Host
      Amanda VanHiel: General Host
      Ann (TheZeldaAnn): Reporter
      Brent Huckfield: Assistant Editor
      Brian Thomas: Segment Host and Assistant Editor
      Cody Davies: Consulting Producer and General Host
      Eden Biskin: Executive Producer
      Gibran Jacobo: Segment Host
      Joshua Lindquist: Technical Adviser
      Kelly Timmerman: Head Editor
      Lachlan Bruce: Segment Host
      Mary Stowe: PR Assistant
      Meghan Nigrelli: PR Assistant
      Mitch D'Agostino: Segment Host
      Peyton Garrett: Roundtable Moderator
      Pietro Bucci: PR Assistant
      Randy Marr: Segment Host
      RealmWings: Segment Host and Graphic Designer

-------------------------------------

ZU's Podcast is back, but it's still a work in progress and there's a lot of room for improvement. In this thread you can post your reactions to the latest ZUCast episodes.

What did you like, what didn't you like, what forum related content do you want to see on future episodes and really any general reactions you had to the episode. What do you think about the podcast in general, the format, any elements of the podcast you can do without.

In this thread feel free to give any constructive criticism you may have and be honest, we want to build the best podcast we possibly can.

You can also just give your opinion on any given segment and have a discussion about it as well.

The post was edited 1 time, last by EzloSpirit: Updated staff list. ().

• For those who were frustrated that the ZUCast wasn't available on major podcatchers, fear not!

Now available on Google Play Music
      Now available on Stitcher
      Now available on Apple Podcasts
      [Short Stories] | [EzloSpirit's Hub] | [Latest ZUCast Episode]
      Gender-neutral pronouns, please!
      | Blue Rupee Patron
      Current Adoptee: Zaynock
      [This space reserved for the April Writing Contest.]

The post was edited 1 time, last by EzloSpirit ().

• ...For example, I really need an Assistant Producer to help me out with whip-cracking oversight of...everything. That's not the only position available, but it's the one I, personally, most desperately need someone to fill.

Here's the role description from the listings we had up in August:

Assistant Producer (1)

You must already be either a member of the Zelda Universe staff or an active member of the ZU Forums in order to qualify for this position.

The Assistant Producer is responsible, alongside the Executive Producer, for helping to keep things running smoothly during each production cycle. This includes carrying out figurative whip-cracking—making sure team members are meeting deadlines—having the final say in decisions regarding production, and coordinating with ZU’s other staff teams. The Assistant Producer will also temporarily take over for the Executive Producer in the case that the latter cannot oversee production at any given time.

This is a high-level position, and it carries a lot of responsibility. If you foresee yourself being incredibly busy much of the year, please do not apply to be Assistant Producer. You will be working closely with the Executive Producer at all times, as well as with all members of the team, so you must be able to work well on a team of people from around the globe. Previous team management experience is strongly preferred.

PM me if you dare have any interest...and are qualified lol.

Also, the next episode should be out at the end of the week. We hit a snag in post-production, and then a couple of key team members got swamped with work. But it's almost done!
      | Blue Rupee Patron

The post was edited 2 times, last by EzloSpirit ().

• EzloSpirit wrote:

...For example, I really need an Assistant Producer to help me out with whip-cracking oversight of...everything. That's not the only position available, but it's the one I, personally, most desperately need someone to fill.

Here's the role description from the listings we had up in August:

Assistant Producer (1)

You must already be either a member of the Zelda Universe staff or an active member of the ZU Forums in order to qualify for this position.

The Assistant Producer is responsible, alongside the Executive Producer, for helping to keep things running smoothly during each production cycle. This includes carrying out figurative whip-cracking—making sure team members are meeting deadlines—having the final say in decisions regarding production, and coordinating with ZU’s other staff teams. The Assistant Producer will also temporarily take over for the Executive Producer in the case that the latter cannot oversee production at any given time.

This is a high-level position, and it carries a lot of responsibility. If you foresee yourself being incredibly busy much of the year, please do not apply to be Assistant Producer. You will be working closely with the Executive Producer at all times, as well as with all members of the team, so you must be able to work well on a team of people from around the globe. Previous team management experience is strongly preferred.
      PM me if you dare have any interest...and are qualified lol.

Also, the next episode should be out at the end of the week. We hit a snag in post-production, and then a couple of key team members got swamped with work. But it's almost done!

Not gonna lie Ezlo is really good at making this sound threatening. Is that a good thing or a bad thing?
    • Unsure if I can contribute, but figured I'd chime in here with a good luck.

Also, if anyone ever wants a legitimate, full-blown academic to join the roundtable, let me know. I know many, many more things about video games thanks to my PhD.

Signature by the Sinfully Delicious Lady Knives

Anime_Queen wrote:

[11:35:27 AM] Anime_Queen says: thing is,
      [11:35:41 AM] Anime_Queen says: it IS unfair that all tehse ideas and vocal taents belong to the one person >.<
      [11:35:48 AM] Anime_Queen says: quite unfortunate
    • In case you feared that we died, let me assure you that the second episode of the reboot is still under construction. Post-production has been running into some trouble, as we're still getting used to the rhythm of production, but it's almost done!
      | Blue Rupee Patron
    • Everything so far has been interesting and creative. It's great! I WAS going to say: "TALK BOUT THEORIES N STUFF!!11!!" but you guys had that covered in the new one.

As far as suggestions go... hmm... idk. IDK THESE THINGS! GAH! But if I was ever allowed on the Podcast... (lol, just... lol. Guinea on the Podcast. What were you going to do, huh? Make Zelda jokes?!)... yes. Yes, I was. And they would've been the best darn Zelda jokes under the sun. But I digress.

The running gag in the first one was really charming (you know what's negative? THE GERUDO DESERT) LOL

All in all, what you guys are doing is really interesting, to die-hard and casual fans alike, I believe.

Also, the dub of OoT was epic. Bravo, ZU, bravo!
    • I disagree with Guinea. The running gag in the first one was grating after a while.

In positive light, though. We need more Alex and more Ezlo!

Both have those really good "show" voices that make you want tomlisten to what they have to say. Like Peter Sagal.

As a side note: If I'd known you read these on air I would have changed my name. Oh well, too late now.

Sig by TruEdge67, Glorious Newbie Overlord