Zelda Wiki
Patreon
    • Violent
    The Three Challenges [Sheikah]
    • <<< The Three Challenges >>>

Viothesheikahboy as Reynold Briggs and seostar as Simon Prentice

<<<>>>

“Another one?”

Simon and Karae looked at the huge crack in the wall, then toward each other. They both knew what it was. A Fissure that lead into a different dimension. The world that it connected to was likely in need of some kind of help.

“What are we waiting for? Let’s go!” Karae said, putting her hand on her knife. She had only been through a Fissure once, but Simon had gone on a few more adventures and knew more about the unpredictability of the Dome.

He took a deep breath and exhaled slowly, thinking about what was on the other side. It was likely dangerous, and it would take a long time to get back. It would be even worse if he ignored it, though.

“I’m going alone. Sorry.” Simon said. Before Karae could protest, he jumped through the fissure and into…

“A forest. Fantastic."

He landed in a small clearing in a forest. The fissure disappeared immediately, leaving him alone. There was a single building there, a small cottage with wooden double doors. Upon further inspection, Simon saw that there were strange runes carved into them. He knocked and waited for a few seconds to see if anybody was home. Nobody answered. When he tried the door, he found that it was locked.

As he searched around the house, a rumbling sound came from nearby. Simon immediately went to investigate and found another Fissure. And someone was coming out of it.
    • Renold stumbled through some undergrowth, tugging at a very stubbon shrub that didn't want to let go. He'd been looking for a 'gateway' for a client for a few days now, and his research led him to this forest. He had little to no idea what he was really looking for, but he was adamant that it was here nonetheless. He walked on and tripped over a tree root in the ground.

"Ah...crap." He saw a glowing fissure behind of him but thought nothing of it, apart from the fact he just fell through it. There was a building and more trees.

"More friggen forest?!"
      "I was defeated by the mere sight of the innkeepers skirt length!"
      -Qrow Branwen

"I know this might be hard to believe, General, but uh... I'm not the biggest fan of local law enforcement."
      -Roman Torchwick
    • He shook his head and readjusted his glasses. "So... who are you and why are we here?" He looked around and got to his feet surveyed the area. Nothing seemed amiss apart from the stranger right in front of him and the weird portal thingy that just closed.
      -Qrow Branwen

"I know this might be hard to believe, General, but uh... I'm not the biggest fan of local law enforcement."
      -Roman Torchwick
    • Renold cocked his head and nodded slightly. "Name's Renold. Renold Briggs." He extended a hand and looked Simon over. He looked slightly weaker than himself, but maybe had a couple of weapons and gadgets and the like.
      -Qrow Branwen

-Roman Torchwick
    • "Sounds like a plan." He nodded a couple times. He thought about the fact that they could just brake the door, but didn't say anything. He walked over to assess the building, and beckoned Simon over.
      -Qrow Branwen

-Roman Torchwick
    • He glanced at him and back at the doorknob. Being his usual, defensive, self, he put two hands on the hilt of his sword. "May as well." He pushed the door foward and took a step in.
      -Qrow Branwen

-Roman Torchwick
    • (Sorry!)

The door quietly creaked open. Sunlight rushed into a room that moments earlier had only been lit by candlelight. An old woman was sleeping on the floor a few feet from where Renold and Simon stood. She opened her eyes when door was all the way open

"Did you unlock the door?" Simon asked.

The old woman nodded as she stood up. He could almost hear her joints creaking as she moved.

"Grandmother! Did they come...?"

Another younger woman in a long black dress ran down the stairs and helped the old woman, whom Simon assumed was her grandmother. Both of them looked at the two adventurers with what seemed to be admiration.

"Do you have any idea where we are?" Simon asked.

"You're in our cottage. Please have a seat. I'll be right back with something to drink. Grandmother, do you think you can explain to them what you saw in your vision?" the younger girl asked. Her grandmother nodded in response and slowly sat down in a wooden chair in the corner of the room.

"What should we do?" Simon asked Renold.
    • (Doubly sorry!)

Renold shrugged. "Ask about her vision? If it where me, we need to find out where the hell we even are! We're in the middle of... another dimension? Maybe she knows more."

He pulled up a stool and sat down on it quietly. This could be some kind of weird trap... He thought. Probably not. This old lady looked pretty frail, but kindly. She unlocked the door, didn't she?

He looked around the room, scanning it over. His hands relaxed around his blade, and he calmed down.

He slipped his glasses down his nose, and looked at Simon. "Say kid, where you from?"
      -Qrow Branwen

-Roman Torchwick
    • "Some quiet place in the countryside. Nothing much. I take it that we're from different planes of existence or summat." He shook his head. "I will never Get used to this."

Come to think of it... he never had any place to call home...
      -Qrow Branwen

-Roman Torchwick

The post was edited 1 time, last by Violothesheikahboy ().